3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PANO_20160305_131931_(resized).jpg
    20151011_172741.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Recently I went to Boston for a long weekend and my son who is also into pinball researched and found an arcade in New Hampshire. So we went for almost an hour drive to an arcade called pinball wizard arcade and much to my surprise it was a massive arcade with over a hundred solid state pinball machines which I have never been able to play due to the lack of them. Most of them are in very good shape and we're all $0.50 to play except for a few brand new machines. I remember when I was young there were so many arcades like this at our disposal. I wish we could have more of these arcades everywhere to be enjoyed by all. Just figured I'd share 20151011_172741.jpg

#2 3 years ago

looks like a really great place.

#3 3 years ago

I actually made my first trip on Monday! Unbelievably, this place is just 12 miles from my house and I never knew it was there. The JP in my basement for the last 15 yrs is in process of being revived after a long nap, along with some new explorations here at pinside. I never really knew the project that was sitting in my basement, acting as a shelf for our junk.

I'll be back to Pelham, soon I hope! There is a real danger seeing/touching/playing some of these machines - "One day they will be mine!"

#4 3 years ago

Yep. There are a few threads about PWA. Should check them out.

BTW, you were about 3 miles from me.

#5 3 years ago

I'm quite jealous of you all. I think the closest place with any reasonable number of machines is around 250 miles from me, and half of theirs were broken down last time I was there

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from leckylove:

I wish we could have more of these arcades everywhere to be enjoyed by all.

We all do... but as your picture demonstrates, where are all the people?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner

#7 3 years ago

Beautiful. Those green pool table lights really add a cool classic look to the place.

#8 3 years ago

Was there a few years back and was great.
    Thay only serve pop so I brought a small bottle of whisky and mixed with my bottled pop.
    Had some really bad chicken at the Chinese joint next door so watch out.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

I'm quite jealous of you all. I think the closest place with any reasonable number of machines is around 250 miles from me, and half of theirs were broken down last time I was there

Yeah jealous also. There are some good pincades around but all over 2 hours drive. There used to be 5 or 6 large arcades within half hour from me growing up. Now all closed.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

We all do... but as your picture demonstrates, where are all the people?
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner

Your absolutely right there was like 5 kids and they played air hockey and pool. There were two other people playing some pins and classic arcade games. Sad really sad.

#11 3 years ago

https://www.groupon.com/deals/pinball-wizard-arcade-1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_dt_sea_ggl_txt_ttt_sr_cbp_ch1_nbr_k*pin%20ball%20games_m*b_d*boston-rtc-kwservice_g*rtc-kwservice-pinball-wizard-arcade-1-broad_c*76026400963_ap*1s3&gclid=CMaLgo_rrcgCFcuQHwodlBsMFA

For next time. )

#12 3 years ago

Great pic! Looks like an arcade straight out of the 80's.

#13 3 years ago

Second game from the left is a Full Throttle. The owner must be a true pinball person.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

looks like a really great place.

I was in Boston this summer for a vacation. Made the drive to this place and took a few people with me. Had a great time, and the owner is really nice too. I forget her name, but she obviously loves pinball.

#15 3 years ago

Sarah is a real pin-head. Some of what you see is from her private collection (which is massive). She is not afraid of bringing in early manufactures or boutique pins. She had WoZ, AMH and Full Throttle, all when they just started shipping (some before).

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from leckylove:

Recently I went to Boston for a long weekend and my son who is also into pinball researched and found an arcade in New Hampshire. So we went for almost an hour drive to an arcade called pinball wizard arcade and much to my surprise it was a massive arcade with over a hundred solid state pinball machines which I have never been able to play due to the lack of them. Most of them are in very good shape and we're all $0.50 to play except for a few brand new machines. I remember when I was young there were so many arcades like this at our disposal. I wish we could have more of these arcades everywhere to be enjoyed by all. Just figured I'd share 20151011_172741.jpg

Holy crap! That's amazing!

#17 3 years ago

I live in Denver but my wife is from Salem, NH. This is a great place. Keeps me sane over the holdays; in fact, probably saved my marriage. My wife hates this place.

#18 3 years ago

Enjoy...

#19 3 years ago

That place looks amazing.

#20 3 years ago

Hercules next to Woz,bizarre combo. Great looking room.Part of the US i haven't been to...yet.

#21 3 years ago

oh wow, that looks figgen awesome!!!!!

#22 3 years ago

I am close enough where I am going to have to check this place out.

#23 3 years ago

This place is great also because the only other establishment that has anywhere as many machines on the east coast is silverball museum and they are 90% EM. That place is awesome but I prefer solid state any day over em .

#24 3 years ago

Nice looking place!!

#25 3 years ago

Yeah us up here in New England are blessed to have such an awesome arcade. It's only 20 min from my house and love how there's always something changing in the lineup. WOZ, full throttle, kiss, mustang and Star Trek LE, AMH, and even Gillian's island this week have been added since I've become a regular there. The picture in the first post doesn't even show the other row of pins just as long as the first two rows.

The crowd looks non-existent there but when I stopped by Saturday, there were at least 40 people playing. It all depends on the day/time. Saturday I had to keep one eye on kiss in order to jump in there as it had someone on it for at least an hour.

#26 3 years ago

No leagues or tournaments there?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

No leagues or tournaments there?

Many. I think the one most of the folks I know go to is on Monday evening.

#28 3 years ago

That is an amazing lineup of pins they have!!

#29 3 years ago

Someday I'll have a collection like that. I will then share with the masses and pinball will rise from the ashes here in n/e pa. Long live pinball!

#30 3 years ago

Now ur talking

#31 3 years ago

Great place, pins well maintained - visit often. I'd drive a few hours each month to find good pins to play. If you are fortunate to live within an hour of such a place, there is no need to own pins of your own. It is much cheaper to visit a well-maintained arcade each month. Not to mention a hell of a lot less work to maintain. Most people don't have this luxury. One day a month, push maybe $30 into the pins. $360 per year times two or three people is a CHEAP hobby.

1 week later
    #32 3 years ago

Went back today for my 2nd visit, bringing my wife this time (ulterior motive, see below). The place was pretty busy compared to my last visit, lots of people with a nice buzz. I think there was a tournament in process, not sure the format, but saw few folks standing around logging scores onto iPads and a leader board posted on a large screen TV above the machines.

We happily poured $20 in tokens into a great variety of machines. My wife's plays were really short , but I had a few nice long games on the top tier machines. Nice! My wife and I had a nice time.

On the way home she said, "maybe I should practice on the JP in the basement" (grin), then she said, "you should get another machine." (mission accomplished ). I downplayed the comment, noting I gain equal enjoyment playing and tinkering on my new found projects.

I am slowly discerning what types of games and elements I like best. So, I'll need to go back more often (for Science ). My wife would like to come along too, saying, "I'll need to get my own $20 in tokens vs sharing like we did today...

Fun day.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Went back today for my 2nd visit, bringing my wife this time (ulterior motive, see below). The place was pretty busy compared to my last visit, lots of people with a nice buzz. I think there was a tournament in process, not sure the format, but saw few folks standing around logging scores onto iPads and a leader board posted on a large screen TV above the machines.
    We happily poured $20 in tokens into a great variety of machines. My wife's plays were really short , but I had a few nice long games on the top tier machines. Nice! My wife and I had a nice time.
    On the way home she said, "maybe I should practice on the JP in the basement" (grin), then she said, "you should get another machine." (mission accomplished ). I downplayed the comment, noting I gain equal enjoyment playing and tinkering on my new found projects.
    I am slowly discerning what types of games and elements I like best. So, I'll need to go back more often (for Science ). My wife would like to come along too, saying, "I'll need to get my own $20 in tokens vs sharing like we did today...

Well played... very well played!

-Rob

4 months later
    #34 3 years ago

I went to Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH yesterday afternoon to play a little of The Hobbit, just arrived. I played a few games, but it left me with mixed feelings. The free play match on my very first play offset the 5-token price to play

In other news - They slotted TH into the spot where KISS sat, and moved KISS into Spiderman's slot. Leaving Spiderman MIA - I was totally bummed. SM had gotten lots of play from me over the last few months - I enjoy this game and was making great progress moving deeper into the game with just casual play. My fallback would normally have been to play Star Trek LE - but was sadly "out of order" this day. Ugh.

So, I tried a few games on WoZ, which I have not really enjoyed in the past. I actually had a couple great games, which was encouraging - my opinion on this one shifted just a bit.

I also played more games than usual on Medieval Madness - always a fun game. Learning more about rules and such from gameplay alone. Also had a great game or 2 on Indiana Jones. A game I think I have played maybe once before, previously leaving me with a "Meh" response, similar to LOTR, which also gave me some good fun games this day. I played a few "B" and "C" solid state machines and old widebodies as well.

So, bummed SM maybe gone, but I did get to play a few different games to switch things up. As for TH, so glad my GoT Premium arrived first - much more my type of game. No second thoughts for now.

Fun.

PANO_20160305_131931_(resized).jpg

#35 3 years ago

Maybe they have a Spider-Man VE coming and that's why the old one is gone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside