• Latest reply 8 years ago by renodakota
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bhopal_farmer_draught_0305270ee41fb4-0ef0-4f2c-989f-77514b38a3f5.jpg
400548.jpg
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

AC DC premiums will be back on the production line, just like Metallica is right now. people paying stupid prices for them now will kick themselves when they see they can get a new in box machine for the used price they are paying now...lol

Yup...

Just like all the people paying "stupid prices" (more than original NIB) for HUO LOTR and TSPP.... they should have just kept WAITING for that elusive "re-run"

#102 8 years ago

Havent seen many acdcs but seen lots of origional kiss machines!

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Havent seen many acdcs but seen lots of origional kiss machines!

yup... the "flood" so far has been about 4 or 5 to 1 WTBs vs WTS's for ACDC.

I think about THREE total have come up for sale in the last entire month....last i looked only 1 was currently for sale.

Demand is still drastically outstripping supply... despite all efforts of the Pinside Price Police

#104 8 years ago

My AC/DC is not going to be sold just because KISS is coming out . MY AC/DC is not going anywhere.
What it does make me want to do is ADD more music pins to my line up such as The Rolling Stones.

#105 8 years ago

thread title updated

#106 8 years ago

If anyone in Texas wants to gentle trickle an ACDC premium my way, shoot me a PM.....

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

thread title updated

lol. Greatest title change ever.

#108 8 years ago

AC DC premiums will be back on the production line, just like Metallica is right now. people paying stupid prices for them now will kick themselves when they see they can get a new in box machine for the used price they are paying now...lol

I agree. They will be back on the line. License will get worked out, and then they will start pumping them out again. I'm hoping the timing works out perfect for me, and hopefully they are Luci.

#109 8 years ago

ill sell my sick hemi modded with everything huo mint acdc premium clear window for 8000. you get what you pay for. this aint no 5600 dollar machine

#110 8 years ago

It's seems to me that starting a new ACDC run now would only serve to canabalize on their Kiss release. I just can't see it happening this year, especially since production just stopped like around 6 months ago.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's seems to me that starting a new ACDC run now would only serve to canabalize on their Kiss release. I just can't see it happening this year, especially since production just stopped like around 6 months ago.

facebook showed mettalica on the line now. wouldn't that be same situation?

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I agree. They will be back on the line. License will get worked out, and then they will start pumping them out again. I'm hoping the timing works out perfect for me, and hopefully they are Luci.

They ran theses several times... and several iterations... *MOST* of the people that wanted an AC/DC already got one.

I dont think Stern give's a rats ass if the secondary market prices have bumped up a bit.

With the license expired, i think they have plenty other items to keep them busy. PLUS, they want to release new titles so they can overcharge the market with those LE models!

I think its FAR more likely you will see a few blockbuster titles in the next year (GOT, Star Wars), supplemented by one ridiculous title (they already did KISS, so maybe ABBA?).

And they will keep the assembly line running with perhaps a VE (LOTR?) and the next PPS/CGC remake.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

ill sell my sick hemi modded with everything huo mint acdc premium clear window for 8000. you get what you pay for. this aint no 5600 dollar machine

No you won't.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

facebook showed mettalica on the line now. wouldn't that be same situation?

I don't think so. MET has been out for a couple of years now. Kiss hasn't even shipped yet.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Meanwhile, back in the real world....
bhopal_farmer_draught_0305270ee41fb4-0ef0-4f2c-989f-77514b38a3f5.jpg

Dang. Looks like Lake Travis... Man we need that lake to start to fill back up. Crazy amount of rain this month here but it's all away from the recharge zones

Let's be serious now... What is a fully decked out AC/DC worth these days now?

- shaker motor
- flipper fidelity kit
- my own custom lit roof top mod that was signed by Steve Ritchie (The lit ones I was selling last year)
- Pinbits plastic protectors
- Pinbits lightening bolts
- Red apron with the pinball refinery lighting kit (pulses with the canon)
- Pinball refinery light kit for the diverters (ties into the canon as well)
- Bass drum mod that covers the coils on the diverters
- Full Helen package
- Custom done Helen mini playfield transition. I took a Pro Helen overlay and installed it on the mini-playfield
- transparent rubbers
- some custom lighting color schemes
- TNT flasher (home made version)
- Mantis protectors for the jukebox and bell holes

My wife says it can't go but I'm still itching for an X-men LE and if these are creeping north of $7K I may need to breach that subject with her again.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

The real question is how. I don't know a single person that listens to them and genuinely likes them.
» YouTube video
If you like them, then you have horrible taste in music. Sorry, but it is true. Yes, taste is subjective, but Nickelback is just flat out garbage super-produced pop crap, and you need to start expanding your music horizons if you enjoy their music.

ah man, does this mean that I need to find a new "favorite" band?

#117 8 years ago

I think the Kiss machine looks really good. Love the hand drawn art. I'm not a huge fan of either band, so theme wouldn't sway me. Not to say that I dislike Borg, but if I had to chose between an Borg or Ritchie game, i'm going Steve Ritchie every damned time!

#118 8 years ago

O

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:facebook showed mettalica on the line now. wouldn't that be same situation?

No. The license isn't up on Metallica until Dec 31, 2015.

And you will never see AC/DC ran again.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

And you will never see AC/DC ran again.

Until it's run again.

No one knows what's going to happen in the future. It's just a license, and it can be renewed. Why make these crazy prognostications?

#120 8 years ago

ACDC Prem is no IM, VE wise. Routed IM were selling for $5500, if you could ever find one. Then "Bam!", a brand new one with LEDs could show up at your door for $4800! No brainer.

ACDC stock HUO are selling for less than they were when the came out. You have to be patient and hunt for them and not offer $5500 for it if it has $400 in mods. They were roughly $6200-$6500 NIB, so the price on them is not too crazy for a top 10 pin of all time. A VE would have a price bump and be $6700 stock. No mods, nothing. It is not a no brainer like IM was.

I just bought an ACDC for the mid $6 thousands with around $800 in mods, including the Color DMD. I don't know how much more I would want a VE for the same price. It was pretty much let someone else play the game 900 times and in return I get the game today, local with $800 in mods or I could wait until a stock one comes out or wait for a bargain $5500 one with $300 in mods. Both of the last scenarios may never happen and I would miss all the fun of playing it in the meantime.

I just went for it. If there is huge demand for it Stern will do a VE and I have no problem with that. I hope they do someday. My ACDC is kind of a grail pin and will be a keeper, so resale means nothing to me. I hope people get what they want, but there is a reason some pins go for a little more than others.

#121 8 years ago

You know what I've started noticing lately? If it's not a price thread or a "pre-purchase" failure thread, Pinside is an awfully quiet place.

#122 8 years ago

I was looking for a decent ACDC premium in the Front Range. There was nothing to be had. I ended up finding a NIB with mods and buying it. Perhaps I paid too much: I don't know the answer to this. I do know that there were none to buy in my area. Shoulda', coulda', woulda' bought one last year: didn't. ACDC does seem to be a keeper.

#123 8 years ago

tspp and lotr WERE rerun in the past. tspp 4 times. lotr 3 times....including the le

they are too old now and wont be ran again obviously.
Ac Dc is another story.
Vault version is coming for the premium. im was vaulted as it originally had lower prod and demand was there and it wasnt too late down the road.
same is said for acdc premium, which is NoT a numbered LE, so it can be re-ran.
you will see. come back to this post and remember me when its done mr speculator...lol

, not vaults either.
ac dc is

Quoted from lowepg:Yup...
Just like all the people paying "stupid prices" (more than original NIB) for HUO LOTR and TSPP.... they should have just kept WAITING for that elusive "re-run"

#124 8 years ago

...and an ACDC VE will probably be even more expensive than it originally was. This is just like the LOTR VE argument...and I still think it's better to just buy one now for perhaps a few more bucks than to hope for a possible rerun while others are already playing their games.

#125 8 years ago

so it can be re-ran.
you will see. come back to this post and remember me when its done mr speculator...lol
, not vaults either.
ac dc is

Lol- yeah I will see...

But what if some people don't want to wait YEARS for this possible "re-ran"? Might sound crazy- but some folks might want to PLAY pinball rather than be paralyzed by what " may come "

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Exactly...Whether its Kiss, Hobbit, TBL......
AC/DC is in my top 3....likely it will go to one of my children after I go before it gets sold.
Any "next game" for me, will result in a less played game going out.
Some AC/DC for sale....Sure, I think you are right.
A Flood of them......I dont think so.
My 2 cents.

Do you need another child?

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

New releases always cause an upswing on private pin sales. They made plenty AC/DC pins I'm sure there will be some to be had. Not saying it isn't a loved game but rather pinheads change things up and trade/sell great pins all the time.

Agree. I sold my ACDC prem to try something else. I may get another one some day, but still too many things I haven't tried out there.

#128 8 years ago

tspp and lotr WERE rerun in the past. tspp 4 times. lotr 3 times....including the le
they are too old now and wont be ran again obviously.
Ac Dc is another story.
Vault version is coming for the premium. im was vaulted as it originally had lower prod and demand was there and it wasnt too late down the road.
same is said for acdc premium, which is NoT a numbered LE, so it can be re-ran.
, not vaults either.
ac dc is

The ACDC Premium VE is not being rerun for $5500 though. The people who want and ACDC Premium with mods do not seem to want to pay $6000+ for a modded one. They seemed to be annoyed it is over $6000 with mods.

If it is Rerun in a VE it will be $6600+ delivered. Stock. Will there be 300 people who want one? I do not know?

I see the same comments on LOTR VE - price it at $5000 and I am in! That is not happening either. Will people be in at $6600? I don't know?

The pros make the most sense to rerun. Tron.

I hope it does get rerun because it is a cool game, but right now there seems to be a bunch of people wanting a local HUO one with mods under $6000 and I wonder how many would buy a stock one for $6600? That's all.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The ACDC Premium VE is not being rerun for $5500 though. The people who want and ACDC Premium with mods do not seem to want to pay $6000+ for a modded one. They seemed to be annoyed it is over $6000 with mods.

I happily paid over $6k for one with mods. I think that's fair.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I happily paid over $6k for one with mods. I think that's fair.

You got one? That is great man! If I over paid for mine so be it because it would be my last to go and I play it every day. If it gets rerun that is cool with me. I want anyone who wants one to have a shot at getting one.
Anyone in the ATL area is welcome to stop by and play mine also.

#131 8 years ago

I'll put my money where my mouth is. If there is another run of AC/DC in the next 5 years, I'll donate $500.00 to pinside. It aint going to happen. How about any of you naysayers?

i

#132 8 years ago

As much as I would like to see another run of AC/DC's, my gut is telling me the LOTRve will be next.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I'll put my money where my mouth is. If there is another run of AC/DC in the next 5 years, I'll donate $500.00 to pinside. It aint going to happen. How about any of you naysayers?
i

I am with you. There will be no VE for ac/dc. I am in a pretty good social circle in the industry (I'm an engineer for a stern supplier). What I heard is the license cost is not cost effective. The popularity of the title caused the agent who handles the negotiations to raise the price. Not sure if you can be mad at the band or not. Sometimes they do not even know what the agents are demanding and really do not care to. That is what I heard anyway. If they VE it somehow get ready for sticker shock!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Fantastic game or not. People need to free up room and cash somehow. They've been playing the same ol' tired game for awhile now. AC/DC is 3 years old now. Time for some new blood. You'll see.

You will see more Monster Bash's for sale or whatever the next remake game is than AC/DC. Just watch for the "inside sellers" to start selling hard to find games, and that will tell you what the next remake is. It happened with MM.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I am with you. There will be no VE for ac/dc. I am in a pretty good social circle in the industry (I'm an engineer for a stern supplier). What I heard is the license cost is not cost effective. The popularity of the title caused the agent who handles the negotiations to raise the price. Not sure if you can be mad at the band or not. Sometimes they do not even know what the agents are demanding and really do not care to. That is what I heard anyway. If they VE it somehow get ready for sticker shock!

100% of 0 is zero....the band will ultimately allow the license to be renewed. Otherwise they're just greedy bastards in spite of themselves. They gain nothing by not renewing. They lose nothing by renewing, only gain, if not for them then for their heirs. Even a bunch of geriatric head hanging Aussies can figure that out eventually.

#136 8 years ago

It makes sense to sell a popular title if you want to free up some cash quickly. You are less likely to get a quick sale for your Sharkey's Shootout or Shrek than your ACDC (just an example, no need for 100 rebuttals about my choice). From that perspective, ACDC makes sense. Of the Modern Sterns, it seems to be one of the most desirable pins.

I don't worry about VEs etc. All of who own William's MM's have been through MMr. No VE can cut as deep into the resale price of a used game as the MMr. Not every transaction we make in life is a home run. If LOTR happens, it will make many people happy. The only ones burned will be those that overpaid for theirs.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

100% of 0 is zero....the band will ultimately allow the license to be renewed. Otherwise they're just greedy bastards in spite of themselves. They gain nothing by not renewing. They lose nothing by renewing, only gain, if not for them then for their heirs. Even a bunch of geriatric head hanging Aussies can figure that out eventually.

Ummm...ok it's nowhere near that simple.

So if I gave you $5.00 to use your pinside name for a year would you do it?

Why not? It's money you (or your estate) wouldn't have otherwise.

$50.00? 100.00? What would it take? Probably more than I am willing to pay, even though every penny is money you wouldn't have otherwise.

#138 8 years ago

This thread has jumped the shark...

Will Stern EVER make more AC/DC's? Maybe. Probably?
Will they remake them in the next 12 months? unlikely
24 months? still unlikely.
Hell, if the platform changes dramatically over the next few years (LCDs?), the general attraction of some of these "hot titles" today may diminish much faster and make it less likely for Stern to want to run them.... who knows!

The point is, for anyone interested in owning an AC/DC in the next few YEARS, don't expect Stern to ride in on a white horse and save you.

The only real FACTS are:
Stern is not making them today
Stern cant quickly pump them out on a whim as the license has expired.

Everything else is conjecture.

The current market price for used AC//DC's has risen. Fact. MArket prices are fickle- they could drop again- Fact

oh, btw, It's a great pinball machine.

#139 8 years ago

AC/DC?
I would go deeper into this with a comment but for the most part this thread has spoken for itself. AC/DC rocks - by some peoples accounts one of the best games ever ... Kiss looks great but as we know ... looks aren't everything.

#140 8 years ago

I wouldn't underestimate the value of ac/dc. I offered mine to a fellow pinsider for $6000. A few weeks ago and my son told me that was too cheap. I made a bet with him that it wasn't worth anymore than that, he listed it on Craigslist for $6500.00 and within 15 minutes a guy called and bought it for $6500 and 3 others said they would take it for that if the deal didn't go through. He then removed the ad. I don't like losing but for an extra $500 I guess it's ok.

#141 8 years ago

It would be difficult to sell ACDC. Such an awesome pin. Most non-pinheads that visit are intimidated by many of my games but they all love ACDC and seem to play it forever. They don't know they rules and they don't care: the thumping beat and great flow are enough to put a huge grin on their faces.
Everyone wants to hit that bell.

#142 8 years ago

Sold mine for $5,600. No regrets! Love the game and glad someone else can. Probably 8,000 of them exist...won't ever be hard to find.

#143 8 years ago

Sold mine for $5,600. No regrets! Love the game and glad someone else can. Probably 8,000 of them exist...won't ever be hard to find.

I agree, they will always be available- the variable is at what price?

I'd say right NOW, they *are* hard to find for $5600! Today, you're most likely looking at value that starts with a 6.

#144 8 years ago

Didn't you trade your ACDC Premium straight across for an IM (per-VE)?

#145 8 years ago

I'm sorry to say but that last part of the comment is a bit amusing to me. There are more WTB adds for AC/DC then ones for sale at this point and I see A LOT more people talking about wanting it then those considering selling theirs so I think that statement is not real accurate right now. In the future, maybe but right now that seems to be a false statement.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm sorry to say but that last part of the comment is a bit amusing to me. There are more WTB adds for AC/DC then ones for sale at this point and I see A LOT more people talking about wanting it then those considering selling theirs so I think that statement is not real accurate right now. In the future, maybe but right now that seems to be a false statement.

There's just a little bump and churn in the interest because of the production ending. People who thought "I can get one at any time" are suddenly going "ack, need to find it now!" That will settle down in a bit.

I'm buying one this week myself, but I dunno if it's because of the above or not. Not consciously, but it could be an influence.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Flavor of the month. It'll pass, just like everything else. I'm glad I got my 2 solid years of fun out of it. And it's practically everywhere I ever go to play on route should I miss it.

Quoted from Allibaster:

Didn't you trade your ACDC Premium straight across for an IM (per-VE)?

Nope. I bought my IM from Gecko a couple years back.

#148 8 years ago

ACDC is one of the best games ever made and currently one of the most popular.
There were lots of them made, so there will likely be frequent sightings on the Marketplace.
Still, it's not as though owners are only allowed one music pin in their collection at a time.
I expect because ACDC is a much better game than most, that KISS will entice pin owners to sell one or two of their least favourite games -and that's not likely ACDC.
None of the people in my circle of pinball friends has even mentioned that they might even consider selling it. So that's five of us, all of whom own the game.
It's a solid staple in any collection and no matter how good KISS is, that won't change.

#149 8 years ago

Flavor of the month or not. If it is a good game then it will change hands less than a game of lesser quality. There were 10K plus TAF but you don't see a flood of those on the market do you? I'm not saying they will be impossible to find but this talk about floods in the market of them doesn't seem to be showing to be true now and I really doubt you'll see a mass dumping of the title in the future. There will probably always be a couple for sale at any given time but I just don't see there being a flood.

#150 8 years ago

Flavor of the month. It'll pass, just like everything else. I'm glad I got my 2 solid years of fun out of it. And it's practically everywhere I ever go to play on route should I miss it.

Flavor of the month??? Its been out for 3 years now & its still in high demand. Its the new standard for which all Stern pins will be judged against when it comes to great code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-were-going-to-see-a-flood-of-acdcs-on-the-market/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.