Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25sdx8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7C509B6B-B932-45B9-9FCF-ED959E570FCF (resized).jpeg
    giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Not trying to start some heated discussion about which pin is better here..

In my opinion there should be some kind of “probationary” period before a game can be listed on the top 100. To me it’s ridiculous that a brand new game that has only been out for a minute (example- TNA) could some how be ranked higher than a fantastic game with a few years on the market (example- TWD). Come on!!??

How about this... the ratings are saved in a database and then once the game has reached 6 months or 1 year THEN the ratings are approved for the top 100?
    Or maybe require a minimum number of ratings before it’s posted?

Junky

#5 6 years ago

Well games like TNA, Houdini, Big Lebowski don’t even have 100 ratings and they’re beating out great games that have hundreds or over 1000 ratings. Houdini only has 20! Seems skewed to me.

#7 6 years ago

I think it matters to some. Some people consider the ratings when figuring value.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Maybe the people that rated TNA higher then TWD actually think it's better. Seems like you are just bitter and don't want anything you own bumped down a spot.
    The reviews of new games are important to many as it can be valuable info on how the game is being received and if it is something someone may want to purchase or seek out to play. Overtime the fluff and hate reviews all balance out so it doesn't matter.

Not bitter. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Good conversation point I think.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If someone thinks a game is a 1 I'm fine with that. But when your entire collection is a perfect 10 you are not being realistic with the ratings anyway so it's bizzare to me that someone like that would complain about them. Imagamejunkie and dirtbag66 own 6 games, all perfect 10's. Couldn't be improved in a single way.

I don't think you got my point.
    So let's say 10 people rate a new game that's only been out for 1 week at a perfect 10. Should that game now be number 1? Above AFM and MM?
    And I don't see how I personally rate games as a relevant point here. If I feel certain games are a 10, well that's my opinion. That's what ratings are. Opinions. And my perfect 10 vote is just ONE vote.

Seems like I ruffled some feathers here. Not my intent

#27 6 years ago

I see your point jgentry. And I rate games how I feel. Whether I own(ed) them or not. If I LOVE a game, I give it a 10. But once again. My vote is just ONE vote, so it doesn't hold much weight when 1000 other people vote differently.

#29 6 years ago

"just some devils advocate here >>>curious how long you want a probationary period?"

Not sure

"I mean... just come out and say that you are more concerned with Pinside ratings because you want to protect the value of your collection hence you rate your collection all 10s, and dont like that some of your collection does not rated higher so it will be worth more."

That's 100% inaccurate

"If you want a probationary period then probably only right to ask the same for incomplete code games..."

I agree

"this is all laughable and honestly the silliest of all the "fix the ratings" threads that come up every so often."

I'm glad I made you laugh. Pinball is supposed to be fun

#66 6 years ago

I find it really strange that some of you guys are so bothered by the fact that somebody might think of some pins as perfect 10s. And therefore my thoughts about making some changes to the top 100 are completely invalid? I don't get it.

If you told someone that your favorite cars were a 10 in your eyes would that be wrong of you?

Bottom line... I'm entitled to my opinion on any pinball machine I've played.... And so are you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-the-top-100-should-be-revamped?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.