Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25sdx8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7C509B6B-B932-45B9-9FCF-ED959E570FCF (resized).jpeg
    giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

It’s better if you just don’t look at the top 100.

#26 6 years ago

You can use the Custom tab under the Top 100 and select early SS, or whatever date range you want. You can even change the list to only include games with over 100 rankings.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If I were to modify the rankings one suggestion I would make...
    Separate them by era.
    We have the em top 100 and then the top 100. How about the ss top 100 or the alphanumeric top 100 or the dmd top 100? I personally don’t like early solid state games. Tons of people do though. I’d like to see the rankings without those and I’m sure others would like to see them without dmd games.

#92 6 years ago

If it’s any consolation, only use the ratings that were added/edited in the last 6months and TWD is ranked higher than TNA.
    Interestingly, the list doesn’t change a whole lot in general though. I thoI’ll got the top couple would change, but MM and AFM are still 1 and 2. Actually they are like 1-5 because it separates out the different models

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the ratings should be based on a comparison. If you want to rate games you are randomly asked which game is better out of two games, no points or anything, just which game is better

I like this idea.

What if we had the option to make our own top 100? Then the system can take that data as 1 game comparissions so people won’t be able to game the system by putting a game they want to lower in the rankings low on their list.

Take 2 games and see which is rated higher than the other more often. Then you do that for every game vs every other game to compile a list.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-the-top-100-should-be-revamped?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.