(Topic ID: 32589)

I think my collection needs a newer Stern... TSPP or AC/DC Premium?

By tamoore

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Shapeshifter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“You can only have one: TSPP or AC/DC Premium....”

• The Simpsons Pinball Party. 21 votes
    28%
  • AC/DC Premium. 49 votes
    64%
  • Save the money and use it to buy two or three different machines. 6 votes
    8%

(76 votes)

#1 7 years ago

If you could have one or the other, what one would you want?

The AC/DC of course is going to cost quite a bit more, but I've played it and think it is a really great game...

So, if you could get one or the other, which one?

#2 7 years ago

AC/DC. No contest.

#3 7 years ago

That decision is really apples and oranges. I had the pleasure of putting about 25 plays on an ACDC Premium last night and loved it! The color changing inserts and the non-linear ruleset are both really cool. I've also owned a TSPP for over two years and really don't think the game can be beat from a software standpoint. -The rules are just just so inventive and unique and you can stack everything! Both games are exceptional for what they do and they are both in my top 5 Stern games ever produced. TSPP is more of an epic mode based game with fairly long ball times and ACDC is a fast and fun points driven game with short ball times. I guess it just depends on the type of game you are looking for.

If I was limited to only 1 pin in my collection I would choose TSPP because of the depth and the great software, but the thought actually crossed my mind last night to sell a game like TSPP down the line and replace it with a game like ACDC since my line-up is heavy on deep mode based games (TSPP, LOTR, and WOZ soon) and light on newer fast points-based games.

#4 7 years ago

Apt of it depends on the style of game you like. Acdc is fast and fun. Simpsons is long and technical. I'd vote acdc but that's because I dislike TSPP shot layout.

#5 7 years ago

There is only one real option here.

Sell a few of your games & get both.

You're welcome

#6 7 years ago

You seem to like fast games with short ball times. So AC/DC would fit your style. However, TSPP would complement your collection more.
I used to try for a nice round collection but have since decided I prefer fast flowing pins more and have begun to purge the others.

#7 7 years ago

i would go with acdc premium...

#9 7 years ago

If you have the cash, get AC/DC, all day; much less dinero available, get TSPP and have monies left over for possibly an additional B/C-List pin.

You can't go wrong with either pin; gameplay is vastly different, but both kick ass.

#10 7 years ago

It is a bit surprising that tspp hasn't really increased in value relative to the pin price increases. It's got a great theme, very deep rules and a unique play field.

#11 7 years ago

AC/DC
Nothing more to say!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

It is a bit surprising that tspp hasn't really increased in value relative to the pin price increases. It's got a great theme, very deep rules and a unique play field.

Now don't you go jackin' tspp price up before I get one.....

#13 7 years ago

AC/DC.

#14 7 years ago

You get AC/DC and save me $6500 and I'll be over every week to play it......you can even set on "pay to play"

#15 7 years ago

Well since no one else has said it GET BOTH!!!!

#16 7 years ago

You have a DE Simpsons already, so go with ACDC

#17 7 years ago

AC/DC gets my vote

#18 7 years ago

I own both. And plan on keeping both. But if I could only keep one it would be AC/DC. However, that may be because I haven't had it very long. Still in the honeymoon phase.

This choice comes down to the type of game you want. Fast and furious or long(er) and methodical. I think they'd make a great two game collection together actually.

#19 7 years ago

TSPP and acdc pro

#20 7 years ago

I love me some TSPP. Every time i play it though its a chore like lotr.

#21 7 years ago

Still have not played an AC/DC, yet. (Anyone that has one around Richmond, VA feel free to invite me over ) I still feel like TSPP would be my choice due to me liking it, saving some money, and rule complexity.

#22 7 years ago

im, sm or tron

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

That's weird. I find ACDC more of a chore than LoTR. Building up jackpots and mb's without draining feels more stressful than playing a pin with a bajillion things to do.

#24 7 years ago

Oh, and for my vote. ACDC blows tspp out of the water.

#25 7 years ago

Not a fan of either.
I find TSPP super ugly, and ACDC doesn't hold me interest for long. I'd go for another Stern personally.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's weird. I find ACDC more of a chore than LoTR. Building up jackpots and mb's without draining feels more stressful than playing a pin with a bajillion things to do.

I think your definition of "chore" is the issue. To me a "chore" is something that you don't want to do, and is tedious. Nothing about AC/DC fits that definition. TSPP (and LOTR) on the other hand, with those long ball times and deep rules....

"Stressful" does not = "chore".

Anyway, since LOTR is such a chore to play, I will take it off your hands.

#27 7 years ago

I am very close to pulling the trigger on AC/DC.... Convince me I shouldn't.....

#28 7 years ago

Owned TSPP 2 different times, grew up living the Simpsons show, and don't miss the pin 1 bit. Picking up ACDC Friday, so I can't say it's better yet, but I'd be willing to bet it EASILY destroys TSPP

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Anyway, since LOTR is such a chore to play, I will take it off your hands.

sure, no problem. Just drop off tron when you come pick it up

Quoted from RobT:

I think your definition of "chore" is the issue. To me a "chore" is something that you don't want to do, and is tedious. Nothing about AC/DC fits that definition. TSPP (and LOTR) on the other hand, with those long ball times and deep rules....
"Stressful" does not = "chore".

LoTR 'can' have long ball times. But every game feels satisfying because there is so much to do. If all you think about is getting to valinor, then it'll be a chore. But if you play it for attempting to beat fotr mb or TTT mb (best multiballs in a game period ) or completing the standard modes and collecting GOTE, or trying to dtr, or playing some ring frenzy! Or how about TABA - the game becomes amazingly fun, non repetitive, and no work intended which is probably why it's been in my collection for nearly 7 years.

As for ACDC; stressful was completely the wrong word to use because I LOVE this game and it's not stressful. I think the better term would be 'intense'.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I am very close to pulling the trigger on AC/DC.... Convince me I shouldn't.....

I'll convince you that You shouldn't NOT buy it. Great game, no regrets. And if it doesn't 'do it' for you; you should be pretty safe with its resale value ESP if it's the clear mini pf version

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Owned TSPP 2 different times, grew up living The Simpsons show, and don't miss the pin 1 bit. Picking up ACDC Friday, so I can't say it's better yet, but I'd be willing to bet it EASILY destroys TSPP

Be prepared to be blown away

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

What he said. AC/DC is always fun and never a chore. AC/DC all the way.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I am also close to pulling trigger on an ac/dc as well. One concern I have is the cannon blasting the ball around the playfield... What will that do to the playfield after a thousand games?
Someone on another thread suggested using Mylar around the drop targets. Any one have thoughts on this?

#34 7 years ago

I also dislike the cannon blocking the right lane. Don't remember if the cannon blocks the view on T2.

#36 7 years ago

Have both, love both, but my answer to your question would be ACDC PREM.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The poll is more than two to one in favor of AC/DC over TSPP. That should convince you that you *should*.

#38 7 years ago

Well, I would also wait for XM code release and Avengers videos etc as they might be in the running as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside