image-435.jpg
image-958.jpg
image-376.jpg
image-102.jpg
image-692.jpg
image-101.jpg
image-463.jpg
image-429.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Game looks fun as hell and agree the cabinet heads especially look boss!

#52 8 years ago

Congrats!! ...love seeing your boys having fun. Thanks for posting!

#53 8 years ago

that is def a sweet site

even cooler seeing the kids as pumped

that's a good sign for the future pin heads

ROCK ON !!!

eh screw it

SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT, SHOUT IT OUT LOUD !!

YOU GOT TO HAVE A PARTY !!!

ah, couldn't resist

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Cabinet artwork is too notch. Pics don't do it justice.
Playfield and factory color changing LEDs look nice as well.

If you bring it to the release party I PROMISE not to beat on it.

#55 8 years ago

Games looks terrific. You're a good dad.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Games looks terrific. You're a good dad.

Just can't resist:

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you bring it to the release party I PROMISE not to beat on it.

Thank you, and yes I was working with Jared on the Launch party weeks ago and put him in contact with Destroyer which got the ball rolling on this. I told him, if you make it happen I'll take my game there for people to play. Gonna keep my word.

P.s. If anyone has any questions about the game, rules or gameplay. Shout it out loud, and I'll be happy to try to answer them.

#58 8 years ago

That game looks incredible!

#59 8 years ago

Congrats! Mine should be here soon.

#60 8 years ago

Great pics. Enjoy!!

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I hope you're not going to work tomorrow. I know a good late-night Doctor Who can perform an instant diagnosis

Mods, thread eject for off topic.

#62 8 years ago

Curious about the SDTM issue. If it's a spinning disc, shouldn't it be a random exit? But you're saying it's happening 50% of the time. Could be an issue, but I hope not. Such a great looking machine would be a shame if this affected gameplay too much. May be an issue in comps also.

#63 8 years ago

Totally awesome, love the pics.. thanx for sharing. congrats on the new pic up..

#64 8 years ago

Best looking modern Stern since...... forever! Congrats!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious about the SDTM issue. If it's a spinning disc, shouldn't it be a random exit? But you're saying it's happening 50% of the time. Could be an issue, but I hope not. Such a great looking machine would be a shame if this affected gameplay too much. May be an issue in comps also.

Agreed. Spinning out of the disk area below Gene when ball lock is not lit is not an issue. After a ball lock is achieved the ball will launch out of his mouth like a cannon, sometimes right down the middle. It's like I locked a ball and this is what I get, a ball drain? Not good.

Otherwise great game. I will say the right ramp is a tight shot and hard to master. So is the Starchild area. The starchild area is so tight it's hard to get it in there (that's what she said). Reminds me almost of the difficulty of making the GEM shot on Tron.

#66 8 years ago

Hey Craig. You and I have discussed in the past and you may recall I'm not a big fan of ACDC's scoring-based rule structure. Would you say KISS is more inline with the ACDC style, or do you see some progression of modes (more like Metallica)??

Game looks awesome and I love the t-shirts!

#67 8 years ago

Not a Kiss fan but that game looks pretty amazing. Nothing better than playing pinball with your kids. Congrats.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Hey Craig. You and I have discussed in the past and you may recall I'm not a big fan of ACDC's scoring-based rule structure. Would you say KISS is more inline with the ACDC style, or do you see some progression of modes (more like Metallica)??
Game looks awesome and I love the t-shirts!

Honestly hard to say exactly at this point really where they (Stern) is going with the software. Specifically because the code is not completed enough for me to tell.

Here is what I have gathered so far and I realize this is subject to change with the 1.0 code update. It looks to me like the main object of the game is to collect all 4 band members (demon, spaceman, starchild, catman). If you earn any of them, their insert doesn't go off between ball to ball. I played with the glass off to see what would happen if I collected all 4 and it lit the scoop hole for "Kiss Army" which after making the scoop gave me the wizard multiball Kiss Army Multiball.

Collecting each band member is not an easy task.
Catman requires lighting all 4 pop bumpers. The leftmost inline will light one of the pop bumper inserts on the upper right loop. Make the right loop, and you are awarded however many pop bumper inserts are lit. The Catman is actually pretty easy to achieve and I can do it on just about every game.

Demon insert requires you to have achieved Demon multiball which like Catman is relatively easy to achieve most every game unless you get the dreaded sdtm gene launch after a ball lock.

Then There are the other two. Starchild and Spaceman. These two are proving to be very difficult to achieve. We have yet to achieve Love Gun multiball (but it's in the code). It requires you to complete the Star Targets in the Starchild area like 3 or 4 times and then land in the Starchild scoop to begin Love Gun Multiball. Playing Love Gun multiball will award the Starchild band member insert.This is extremely difficult to do. The shot into the Starchild area is very tight and proving to be hard to master. Let alone completing the targets three times. I believe I'm going to see if this game be earned in the adjustments not requiring so many star target completions as just getting up in that area is hard enough as it is especially with the brutality of the game so far.

Last but not least is the Spaceman. In order to earn him you must collect 6 band instruments to be awarded the Spaceman insert. I honestly don't like this as it is setup because to me each of the other 3 band members have objectives to them that have something to do with them as a band member (demon multiball for the demon, love gun multiball for the Starchild and through the pop bumpers (ie drum area) for the Catman. Why do I have to be the roadie and collect other instruments to be the spaceman? Honestly the center ramp is where you collect the spacemans guitar I feel earning spaceman should be earned with something to do on the center ramp or maybe both ramps. I noticed last night I earned "super ramps" (don't know how I earned it) and with each ramp shot it made this guitar solo type twang each time a ramp was made. Maybe something towards earning Super Ramps would be a good way to earn Spaceman? Just my .02 on that matter.

Finally as many are aware you pick not only a song at the beginning g of the game but also a city. At this point the city means nothing. You don't choose another city in the game once one has been selected, so I have no idea why you pick the city at this point unless maybe their will be different high score tables for each city players have played in?

So far this is what I'm gathering from the game so far.

#69 8 years ago

Honestly hard to say exactly at this point really where they (Stern) is going with the software. Specifically because the code is not completed enough for me to tell.
Here is what I have gathered so far and I realize this is subject to change with the 1.0 code update. It looks to me like the main object of the game is to collect all 4 band members (demon, spaceman, starchild, catman). If you earn any of them, their insert doesn't go off between ball to ball. I played with the glass off to see what would happen if I collected all 4 and it lit the scoop hole for "Kiss Army" which after making the scoop gave me the wizard multiball Kiss Army Multiball.
Collecting each band member is not an easy task.
Catman requires lighting all 4 pop bumpers. The leftmost inline will light one of the pop bumper inserts on the upper right loop. Make the right loop, and you are awarded however many pop bumper inserts are lit. The Catman is actually pretty easy to achieve and I can do it on just about every game.
Demon insert requires you to have achieved Demon multiball which like Catman is relatively easy to achieve most every game unless you get the dreaded sdtm gene launch after a ball lock.
Then There are the other two. Starchild and Spaceman. These two are proving to be very difficult to achieve. We have yet to achieve Love Gun multiball (but it's in the code). It requires you to complete the Star Targets in the Starchild area like 3 or 4 times and then land in the Starchild scoop to begin Love Gun Multiball. Playing Love Gun multiball will award the Starchild band member insert.This is extremely difficult to do. The shot into the Starchild area is very tight and proving to be hard to master. Let alone completing the targets three times. I believe I'm going to see if this game be earned in the adjustments not requiring so many star target completions as just getting up in that area is hard enough as it is especially with the brutality of the game so far.
Last but not least is the Spaceman. In order to earn him you must collect 6 band instruments to be awarded the Spaceman insert. I honestly don't like this as it is setup because to me each of the other 3 band members have objectives to them that have something to do with them as a band member (demon multiball for the demon, love gun multiball for the Starchild and through the pop bumpers (ie drum area) for the Catman. Why do I have to be the roadie and collect other instruments to be the spaceman? Honestly the center ramp is where you collect the spacemans guitar I feel earning spaceman should be earned with something to do on the center ramp or maybe both ramps. I noticed last night I earned "super ramps" (don't know how I earned it) and with each ramp shot it made this guitar solo type twang each time a ramp was made. Maybe something towards earning Super Ramps would be a good way to earn Spaceman? Just my .02 on that matter.
Finally as many are aware you pick not only a song at the beginning g of the game but also a city. At this point the city means nothing. You don't choose another city in the game once one has been selected, so I have no idea why you pick the city at this point unless maybe their will be different high score tables for each city players have played in?
So far this is what I'm gathering from the game so far.

Great rundown of the early code. Can't wait to play it.

#70 8 years ago

Agreed. Spinning out of the disk area below Gene when ball lock is not lit is not an issue. After a ball lock is achieved the ball will launch out of his mouth like a cannon, sometimes right down the middle. It's like I locked a ball and this is what I get, a ball drain? Not good.
Otherwise great game. I will say the right ramp is a tight shot and hard to master. So is the Starchild area. The starchild area is so tight it's hard to get it in there (that's what she said). Reminds me almost of the difficulty of making the GEM shot on Tron.

Played it for the first time today and really enjoyed it. The SDTM is exactly as you described and I can't imagine them not introducing a short save for it on the Pro. Guessing it might not be an issue on the Prem because the ball lock is physical and the only time the balls will spit out his mouth is when multiball starts which would normally have a ball save anyway.

Regardless, great game.

#71 8 years ago

OK, everyone is missing the obvious question.

Did the delivery driver actually bring the machine into your home?
Man, I am lucky they even unloaded my mine off their truck! LOL.

Sharp looking machine. Congrads!

#72 8 years ago

Wonder what other bands will let stern make a game. No way Pink Floyd or Zepplin will happen they way they refuse to license music. Would love a Maiden game, maybe an ozzy or sabbath theme too.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Wonder what other bands will let stern make a game. No way Pink Floyd or Zepplin will happen they way they refuse to license music.

Zeppelin used to be that way, but I just saw a commercial last night with Led Zepplin music...hell, I think it was even a friggin' commercial for perfume!

#74 8 years ago

Looks great! Congrats!

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Zeppelin used to be that way, but I just saw a commercial last night with Led Zepplin music...hell, I think it was even a friggin' commercial for perfume!

Here's what I found when I Googled it...

Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love' Featured in New Cologne Ad
ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-whole-lotta-love-commercial/

The commercial just came on again while I was typing this! The vampire guy from the Twilight movie is in the commercial too...I guess the Zepplin bank accounts don't have as much money in them as they used to. I got some LE money I'd throw their way if they decided they needed that too!

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

OK, everyone is missing the obvious question.
Did the delivery driver actually bring the machine into your home?
Man, I am lucky they even unloaded my mine off their truck! LOL.
Sharp looking machine. Congrads!

Why certainly. It was delivered inside of my house by my local distributor FUN!

#77 8 years ago

You're right about Zepplin, but I bet they're charging out the ass to license those. They're so protective of their image and music I bet they'd at least price themselves out of Stern's range.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 110.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-im-going-to-be-sick/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.