(Topic ID: 145960)

I won a sweepstakes for a Buck Hunt HD Wild arcade. It was legit!!

By Grinder901

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Grinder901
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_5.png

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Seems legit to me. I won a trip from Budweiser before. Basically had to send all the same info. They use your SSN as you are taxed on the value of the prize. CONGRATS!

3 weeks later
#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I was getting the run around but we are making progress:

image.png

What's the latest on you getting this machine?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

What's the latest on you getting this machine?

Here's the latest email:

image_(resized).png

#54 3 years ago

We have stock lol

#55 3 years ago

Yea they are moving at a snails pace in my opinion but I can't bitch too much. I'm trying to be patient. I won the sweepstakes back on 11/30 or something. Hope it gets here soon

#56 3 years ago

keep on them!

#57 3 years ago

that's shady the email blames the wait on the manufacturer when ifpapinball works for raw thrills and says they're in stock right now. lol i'd be getting impatient.

#58 3 years ago

I've reached out to A-B headquarters and even some Raw Thrills distributors. No one is able to speed this up. If nothing by the end of the month, I'll try and raise some more stink

#59 3 years ago

Just pretend you won it from JJP....... ...............Joey

#60 3 years ago

You know what Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part

#61 3 years ago

Oh and that email is from last Thursday

#62 3 years ago

Wow this was for real, congrats so happy for you. I always thought that stuff was fake.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Wow this was for real, congrats so happy for you. I always thought that stuff was fake.

Haha yea I'm prob the only guy who entered the sweepstakes

#64 3 years ago

Ya they should have it instock. Raw thrills normally keeps instock. Likely they company selling it needed to get paid, then had to order it from raw thrills. We stock the commercial model but not the home model

#65 3 years ago

So how can I find out if I'm getting a commercial or home model version? It would make sense for it to be a home model version wouldn't it?

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So how can I find out if I'm getting a commercial or home model version? It would make sense for it to be a home model version wouldn't it?

ARV is $5,000. That has to be the commercial model. Looks like there's a doller slot on the pic of the sweeps you posted as well.

#67 3 years ago

Thats why I asked is I saw the dba in the picture. I would ask them if they know what model you are getting. They have the 42" and the panorama. If its the commercial version you will have a problem because you will have to pay for the offline unlock kit.

#68 3 years ago

Yea the problem is this guy isn't responding to emails like he should. I'll email him now and we'll see what he says.

#69 3 years ago

Arg. Wonder where they are getting it from? Wonder if they can just give you credit towards a machine? Then again they will prob want to charge you retail ++

#70 3 years ago

Hell, I'd be just as happy if they would just cut me a check for 5k which is what the value of the arcade is.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hell, I'd be just as happy if they would just cut me a check for 5k which is what the value of the arcade is.

It doesn't cost them 5k to make it though.....you could probably get a check for $2500-$3000.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It doesn't cost them 5k to make it though.....you could probably get a check for $2500-$3000.

Hmm no thanks. I guess I was confused by them saying FMV was 5k.

#73 3 years ago

Got an email today:

image_(resized).png

#74 3 years ago

No luck on the free zombie upgrade:

image_(resized).png

#75 3 years ago

If it's being drop shipped to you from our factory I should see the BOL cross my desk

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

If it's being drop shipped to you from our factory I should see the BOL cross my desk

Well let's hope that happens sooner rather than later

#77 3 years ago

I'm still surprised,like holy crap,even my wife said "WOW!"

#78 3 years ago

Well congrats on winning!

Picture in ad shows a commercial unit. Further in ad it states worth 5k. Well I do not think a home model is actually what it started out advertised as. Did you give them that opportunity? Now they are going cheap as they can on you and trying to give you upgrades for 1700. I would not ask any more questions just tell them to send it and be happy.
It is a cool prize either way.

#79 3 years ago

Yeah, sounds like they are attempting to cheap out???

Josh, is the home version stripped back a 5k value?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Well congrats on winning!
Picture in ad shows a commercial unit. Further in ad it states worth 5k. Well I do not think a home model is actually what it started out advertised as. Did you give them that opportunity? Now they are going cheap as they can on you and trying to give you upgrades for 1700. I would not ask any more questions just tell them to send it and be happy.
It is a cool prize either way.

I didn't ask for either option as a preference. I agree that the picture shown has a coin door but it's hard to say if the home model has a coin door as well that is inoperable. It would be a nice bonus if they threw in the zombie upgrade as a way to say sorry it took us two months to get this to you but I'm prob not being realistic.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'm still surprised,like holy crap,even my wife said "WOW!"

Haha thanks man

#82 3 years ago

just try to figure out the calue of what it is that they are sending you. They claim its a 5k prize, so you will get a 1099 for that amount. Sure hate to see you get a 5k 1099 andthen end up with a cheaper game

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, sounds like they are attempting to cheap out???
Josh, is the home version stripped back a 5k value?

We don't have a home version.

A distributor can order one with a "blank top" coin door (mostly for locations that use card readers). This removes the DBV and coin mechs.

#84 3 years ago

This is so cool. From a guy who never wins these things, let me just say, Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of the game being delivered!

#85 3 years ago

Thanks Josh for your input here. Very helpful.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I just got lucky. I'm in charge of my courts powerball lottery pool so let's see if I can't get lucky again tomorrow.

#86 3 years ago

This is a great story. Congrats man can't wait to see the new machine!

#87 3 years ago

I think someone got into this rep's butt because he is all of a sudden very helpful and responsive:

image_(resized).png

#88 3 years ago

My guess is that the only difference will be the coin door has no coin mechs.

#89 3 years ago

So now i am confused as one states we have no home version. While your rep states that is what your getting.

My guess you'll get the coin door unpopulated.

Can't put it on location. piggy bank, nope that will not work either.

Wonder how you are going to coin up??
It will still be a nice prize to look at.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Wonder how you are going to coin up??

Planetary Pinball Supply has the experience and parts on hand to assist with this.

#91 3 years ago

I think you are getting the base offline unlocked version with out the cell modem and DBA..

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I think you are getting the base offline unlocked version with out the cell modem and DBA..

So I should refuse the prize because it's not worth anything?

#93 3 years ago

I wonder if what the taxes are going to run you is going to exceed the amount you could sell it for? Seriously...I think you get taxed pretty good on winnings. Say 30-40% of $5k could run $1500-$2000 in taxes. How much can you sell it for? Taxes suck.

#94 3 years ago

Eh we'll see what I can get for it when it arrives which is hopefully soon. Got to get it here first.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Eh we'll see what I can get for it when it arrives which is hopefully soon. Got to get it here first.

Several people on here as well as local contacts have expressed interest in buying it or trading for it.

#96 3 years ago

I would at least play it a little before flipping it

#97 3 years ago

F - R - E - E is always good !

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I would at least play it a little before flipping it

I hear ya and it's tempting but I think I'd rather leave it wrapped and strapped to a pallet.

Bringing it in the house and unwrapping it just to play some games and then move it back out of the house seems like a ton of effort.

Id love to trade it for a nice HS II plus cash or a nice WPT plus cash as well.

#99 3 years ago

You won a major award! And your not going to display it in your front window?
Unreal...

#100 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside