Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1517567_1398889430365731_459915296_n.jpg
Art Gallery.jpg
image.jpg
WCS 94 NOS.jpg
No Fear NOS.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I don't begrudge him one bit. They're his, he can sell them for whatever he wants.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Sounds like someone just destroyed Turboderf's plans. If it was another pinsider, that's a shitty thing to do.

I had no plan just trying to help guys out .... Oh you can never make everyone happy

#53 10 years ago

F' em. You'll never make some people happy. Some just want to bitch and complain and expect things for nothing simply because they're on Pinside. I prefer to help those who don't expect the help.

Quoted from Turboderf:

I had no plan just trying to help guys out .... Oh you can never make everyone happy

#54 10 years ago

Great score. Moving to parts for sale.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

You were going to help out the community and someone swooped in and grabbed them for themselves.

I *hope* that's not what happened... I hope it wasn't someone on pinside who did it because you were nice enough to tell everyone about this.

#56 10 years ago

F' em is right. This looks like a win for everyone. Art dealer sells entire stock. Turboderf makes something for his time. Buyers get a translite they need at less than the Ebay price.

How can anyone be upset? Not sure I would be willing to fork out a grand for 20 translites and then go through the process of shipping and collecting money from 20 different people and possibly make $300-400 total after expenses.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

How can anyone be upset? Not sure I would be willing to fork out a grand for 20 translites and then go through the process of shipping and collecting money from 20 different people and possibly make $300-400 total after expenses.

This is exactly right! Spend time and gas. Outlay money. Figure out what everyone wants. Collect money. Pack, take to PO and mail. catching bullshit when something is damaged in the mail. Making refunds....oy! I'd rather just pay the money!

#58 10 years ago

Thank you Fred for what you contribute to the pinball community. Very cool of you to do this. I personally bought two translites. Can't wait to hang them up!

#59 10 years ago

I see nothing wrong with him selling them - it is a PITA to do what he is doing for everyone.

#60 10 years ago

What if he had simply posted the inventory of translites he had available along with the price without ever mentioning where he got them or what he paid? How would his offer had been received? I believe it is good to look at situations in context.

Brad

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This is exactly right! Spend time and gas. Outlay money. Figure out what everyone wants. Collect money. Pack, take to PO and mail. catching bullshit when something is damaged in the mail. Making refunds....oy! I'd rather just pay the money!

Not to mention that he also had to take time off from work, that alone is money lost

#62 10 years ago

I would bet good money that someone saw this on pinside and scooped up the lot of em. Me thinks there is a snake amongst us.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

What if he had simply posted the inventory of translites he had available along with the price without ever mentioning where he got them or what he paid? How would his offer had been received? I believe it is good to look at situations in context.
Brad

Agreed if the was trying to get rich

It stated out as a SCORE for me 5 trans for my games and I shared some pics of my happy score and got slammed with pms dude go back and clean them out, do they have that ,hook me up bro, I want one and so on, keep I mine its about 100 one way in the day time working hours If I was here to get rich I would have went straight to Ebay. I was just trying to help some folks out. this is once in life time find

sorry if some are upset

#64 10 years ago

Nobody is upset except poo poo heads!

#65 10 years ago

Dude, don't sweat it. People can be jerks sometimes.

#66 10 years ago

Wow gweem! Bingo!...almost at the same time!

#67 10 years ago

I'm upset, you beat me there!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wow gweem! Bingo!...almost at the same time!

poo poo heads = jerks

I learned something today!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

It stated out as a SCORE for me 5 trans for my games and I shared some pics of my happy score and got slammed with pms dude go back and clean them out, do they have that ,hook me up bro, I want one and so on, keep I mine its about 100 one way in the day time working hours If I was here to get rich I would have went straight to Ebay. I was just trying to help some folks out. this is once in life time find
sorry if some are upset

Yes, the underlying point was that if people would have been happy paying $100 for whatever you were able to get, it isn't relevant what you paid, how long you owned them, or anything else.

Brad

#70 10 years ago

Yeah, don't let people whining put you off. Good score for you!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

sorry if some are upset

You did nothing wrong.

I think there are some people in here though that missed the post from the other poster that said they were now 'cleaned out', and it wasn't you that cleaned them out--you were planning on going there this weekend.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nobody is upset except poo poo heads!

That is a little harsh, don't you think?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

That is a little harsh, don't you think?

No

#76 10 years ago

So did someone go and buy them out after you told everyone about it? Ed

#77 10 years ago

this is what can be sold the rest of them I don't know anything about

Mousin Around Pending
Black Rose Pending
Gilligans Island
Jokerz
WHO dunnit has 2 small marks on back the rest looks nice
Junk Yard
Bally Atlantis Pending
Popeye
Monopoly
Lost In Space

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

this is what can be sold the rest of them I don't know anything about
Mousin Around
Black Rose
Gilligans Island
Jokerz
WHO dunnit has 2 small marks on back the rest looks nice
Road Show pending
Junk Yard
Bally Atlantis
Popeye
Monopoly
Lost In Space

Nicr haul. Pm sent

#79 10 years ago

I will gone all weekend for the Barry Oursler Tournament Fundraiser I will try to pm anyone with any question some time sunday

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Wow. Go back and get that Mousin' Around. I'll buy it from you!

I sold a bunch of trans lights to Marco a few months ago. They should have a bunch of mousing arounds

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I sold a bunch of trans lights to Marco a few months ago. They should have a bunch of mousing arounds

They do. $44.95. Ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-scored-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.