(Topic ID: 10730)

I think I need to sell my Mata Hari and Gorgar...

By super8man

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Posting up for $500 each. My life situation has changed and its not getting any better - divorce sucks big time. I have pictures of the games at flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/super8man/sets/72157622974853980/

They are not perfect by any means. but they are great players. Though, i believe Gorgar needs the 40pin replacement done as it has a hissy fit at times and pops the F2 sloblow fuse. But sometimes it just refuses to turn on and only have some GI on. Multiple flips of the switch later it comes on and stays on for parties, etc. So, it's definitely a contact. Game plays perfectly when normal. I have already done the big blue cap, the speaker with a pinball pro, and otherwise given lots of love and parts into this machine. I paid $750 for it and probably dumped $400 into after that. I have a new rubber set for it. One side has been exposed to sun on cabinet and is not faded but rippled...the other side is very nice. So, if you display it with the right side showing, the patina is great. So $500 is firm payable in 20-dollar bills, local pick up only.

Mata Hari is a reliable Bally. Always a crowd pleaser. $500 firm. I think any lower and I would sooner drop it from a building...KIDDING...it's the mood I am in right now. I bought the new plastic set for it and still have the originals. New bumper caps, red clear flipper buttons, new switches, typical wear in the top hole but again, I call it patina. A new rubber set waiting (though current one is great), drop targets are perfect (I forget if I bought new ones - heck, my postings on pinside will reveal more about the machine than I can remember - this goes for Gorgar too). I paid $700 from a local collector (great guy) and poured about $400 into it - nickel and diming...

So there you have it, my life in pinball trimming down to just Seawitch (my kids like that one the best if given the choice). If my life ever turns around, I figure I can buy a different pin and keep interest going. Oh, I would trade both for a WWF pin - my kids would die for that one. Otherwise, they are all about xbox and Nintendo Wii and DS (which I enjoy with them too).

Oh, and in case you were tempted, I am in no mood for tire kickers or otherwise. Come over, lay some 20s on me (25 of them for each) take the pin and leave. I'll have the pin on my driveway ready to be taken away. Simple. Unless of course you are 25-45 and female and nice. I will settle for nice. haha...

Thanks,
Michael

PS - Youtube vids here:

I have a few posted...search my user ID...

#2 12 years ago

CPR just opened pre orders for Mata Hari playfields!

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#3 12 years ago

Super8man, keep us updated. It is a drive for me but I will be up in that area in a couple of weeks. So if you sell them good, if not then hopefully I can drop by...I mean...take the Pins and leave.

#4 12 years ago

Hey jwwhite15, in the mood I am in, I can hold them for you. I don't mind. I am not in a huge hurry but the change up helps me reassess my situation and will help mentally unload some things. So, if that works, give me a date range and I can remain open to waiting till you get in my hood.

#5 12 years ago

Sorry to hear about the rough time your having super8man hope things get better real soon! Good luck selling the pins.

#6 12 years ago

Thanks man. Just trying to simplify a few areas of my life.

#7 12 years ago

I think I understand your state of mind right now. I feel like I'm going through something similar. Good luck with the sale.

#8 12 years ago

sorry to here that good luck

#9 12 years ago

A pinsider is checking on Gorgar on Sat. So, it's spoken for until then.

#10 12 years ago

Man, lots of Gorgar talk the past couple of years, and about a third of the boards I get in are to bring a Gorgar back from the dead.

One of these days I think I'll pick one up, just not yet.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from super8man:

A pinsider is checking on Gorgar on Sat. So, it's spoken for until then.

Cool super8man, let me know how things go. Looks like I will be up there the first weekend in March. A little longer than a couple weeks but it is what it is. So just keep us updated and like I said if you sell them good but it not I will take what you have when I am there.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Man, lots of Gorgar talk the past couple of years, and about a third of the boards I get in are to bring a Gorgar back from the dead.

I brought a Gorgar back to life and delivered it a week ago. It was great to get it going and hear Gorgar speak.

Best of luck, super8man.

#13 12 years ago

I'll keep you posted jwwhite15. That timing works for me so we'll stay in touch.

#14 12 years ago

if you werent so far away I would snap that Mata Hari up in a heartbeat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-need-to-sell-my-mata-hari-and-gorgar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.