Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by podolj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 191815 (resized).jpg
    131507711_444740683190619_6491812493382405431_n (resized).png
    Auraria+Red+Flag+Installation+2018.jpeg (resized).jpg
    BK2K_post it (resized).png
    scam (resized).png
    SamTucker (resized).png
    BK2000_Tucker (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from ClaytonsCorner:

Does anyone know a Sam Tucker from Chicago (see pic)? I struck a deal with him last Thursday on FB Marketplace for a Black Knight 2000 and voluntarily gave him a $100 deposit. The plan was I would drive up to pick it up this coming weekend, but he said he had to go out of town all of a sudden and would ship it instead on his dime (1st red flag). He then sent me the tracking for a transport company called Delta Movers Worldwide (DMW) after telling me originally he was going to ship via a company called Express Logistics (2nd red flag), but he also sent me a photo of the BK2000 with a post it note with my name and date on it so he obviously has the machine (see pic). DMW has a web site and tracking and on the surface looks normal, except the only google hit for that company is it's web page, and when you google the company address a residence in VA comes up, and when hitting the profile of the employees the description is in Latin of all things (3rd, 4th and 5th red flag). Once it shipped Sam asked me to pay the balance but I refused because of the flags (and there is more red flags than what I mentioned btw) so he said he would be willing to take half now that it shipped and the other half when it arrives, to which I again held my ground and refused. The shipment was supposed to arrive yesterday, it didn't. I then messaged him and he said he had the delivery held off and will call me today...
    So, my conclusion is I am pretty sure I am getting scammed and lost my $100, but fortunately not more. And Sam Tucker (if that's his real name) is either a dirtbag or the nicest guy that is getting slammed by me. I already told him if he is legit I would throw in an extra $50 for the trouble I am giving him.
    I am new to this whole pinball thing so I am also ignorant as to how these potential scams work. I can't understand why someone would go thru all the trouble to create a fake shipping web site, generate fake shipping docs, etc for a couple grand in what seems like a limited market. It seems like there are a lot easier ways with a lot bigger population focus to scam people out of their cash. Anyway, lesson learned, wont agree to shipping going forward and will only do personal pickup.[quoted image][quoted image]

First lesson learned, cash on the glass only for a buy.

Don't cut corners, buy from a reputable dealer in your area and pay retail price if needed for the first couple of pins, until you start to meet more people in the hobby that you can trust. Be glad you only lost $100, many in this hobby (myself included) have lost way more on scammers of some sort.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-may-be-getting-scammed-help?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.