1772EB84-EAEE-4EAE-9EFD-F4A992EB3813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230429_150403722_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230122_130656283 (resized).jpg
BG After Touch Ups (resized).jpg
Pins2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2774[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2773[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Put a Powerball in your EM game. I've been trying to promote this for a few years now with little traction it seems.
Your game will play faster and bounce differently, almost like a new game.
Yeah, I know they're expensive, so just try one and see if you like it. I've done this on a ton of EM games over the years and all of the EM machines and mechs work perfectly.
For multiball games you can replace all of the balls, or just mix one powerball in for a random change up.
Also add Titian rubbers and away you go.

I have one in my interflip dragon. Now THAT’S how that game was meant to be played!

#87 11 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Have any of you guys gone all EM or mostly EM?

I had over 35 EMs working and set up which was more than half the size of my collection at the time. I’m down to roughly a dozen now.
Awesome, and I repeat AWESOME when playing head-to-head.
Between having less people over due to Covid, my wife and kids wanting to play newer titles, and less time to hang with others at the house I’ve sold most of the EMs to new owners that still talk about how much fun the EMs I sold them are.
I can tell you there’s nothing I “want” or “have to have” anymore but I would take a nice looking 60s Bally in a heartbeat!

#111 11 months ago
Quoted from paulace:

I love EM's so you can take what I say with a grain of salt, but one difference that I notice between EM's and newer games in particular is that the latest greatest SS games, though they have incredibly deep rulesets, have a definite path (often multiple paths) of progress towards a goal of achieving everything that can be achieved on the machine. A few of my friends that like the newer games are much better players than I am, and some are good enough that sometimes they get to the end of what you can accomplish, and they become bored with the machine. They talk about "beating" it.
I don't think this is true of early SS games - I don't think anybody really "beats" Firepower or Stars or Flash Gordon or Paragon. But something's changed about the complicated newer games.
I never hear anyone say they've "beaten" an EM. When our league plays, there are guys who can have a 40-minute game on Lord of the Rings - I have to go out and get a slice of pizza while they play. Nobody has a 40-minute game on Fast Draw or Slick Chick. Because everyone can easily understand the rules of an EM (heck, they're usually printed on the playfield), I have a much better chance of beating these very good players on an EM than I do on Godzilla. There's something about the simplicity of the goals on an EM that some people find boring, but I find endlessly challenging. It seems "purer" to me somehow because the goals are so simple. It's a great example of "simple" and "easy" not being the same thing.
For the record, I'm up to 7 machines - 2 Gottlieb System 1's and the rest EM's. Now if I can find a Strange World, I'm set!

I just pulled my Strange World from route and put in Volley.
It was an absolute ass-kicker!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-m-becoming-an-em-pinball-enthusiast?tu=DK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.