(Topic ID: 82462)

I think I just ruined my clearcoat UPDATED :)

By flashinstinct

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9216-s.jpg
IMG_9209-s.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

for mixing I use cheap $1 glass measuring cups. Mix it up,and use lacquer to clean up the glass cup with the gun. works like a charm and lacquer thinner doesn't effect the printed measuring graphics. I'm fairly amazed that a $1 measuring cup can have the printing hold up like it does. It's been 9 years, and none of the art is missing.

#23 10 years ago

how would you risk a playfield? Everything is fixable. You use your cup on your gun over and over. If you can clean that good, why can't you clean a glass measuring cup worth a shit? in 9 years never had it be a problem.

3 hours of sanding? what the hell grit are you using? Should be using 400 grit. With a block, should take you 30 min total and then you should be ready for the next layer.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Neo,
Relax alittle. We are talking about a couple of dollars and a plastic cup. I am talking about the mixing cup, the plastic one the body shops give me when I buy clear to mix in. I don't keep them and clean them. For 1 they are free with clear but for 2: I would not risk clear drying in there flaking off and ending up in the next mix. That is all.
The crap when on the side of anything is very hard to see especially little spots that are dry.

I wasn't being agressive in my statement. I just use words like shit and ass and colorful accent words. I wasn't angry or anything.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

On a side note, does anyone know which mask to us when spraying.... I got a P100 mask but can still smell the fumes, I added a p95 mask over each cartridge which is better but I can still smell the stuff. It's not good for the lungs so I just wanted to know what you guys use.

Masks don't really work, because the cartridges in them only last 6 hours or so when they are exposed to the air. To really be protected you really need a suit with air supplied to it. I did the cartridge thing at first too, and if you can smell it, your breathing it.

Was all fun and games until I passed out in the shower one morning and had a mini seizure. Then it was time to invest in real equipment. You can't half ass it when working with auto clears. If you don't have the right equipment to protect your eyes and lungs, you will kill yourself in a very short period of time. Vapors stick to anything wet like a magnet. So your eyes and lung walls, pull it in like a tractor beam on the death star.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-just-ruined-my-clearcoat?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.