(Topic ID: 134021)

I think I got scammed, what do you think?

By dkeruza

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_shot_2013-10-09_at_8.18.49_AM.png
    Image2.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    20150725_125602.jpg
    20150725_125458.jpg
    20150725_125218.jpg
    20150725_125359.jpg
    20150725_125200.jpg
    20150725_125047.jpg
    20150725_125105.jpg
    20150725_125122.jpg
    LOW-BACK-ARCH1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Let the guy buy his Mirco playfield.. Can't wait to see the sequel: "I THINK I GOT SCAMMED BY MIRCO, WHAT DO YOU THINK? " thread.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Is this planking and is it really possible on a Stern overlay playfield?

Image2.jpg

That's not planking, but it does look like the game may have been kept in an unconditioned space for a while.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd be disappointed if an experienced hobbyist failed to point out planking to me. For the effort involved in swapping a playfield, you want to do it right the first time and you want maximum results for the effort. For another $350 to $400, I'd much rather go with a new playfield even if I had to wait a bit for it.

Take it as a lesson learned...Unfortunately with the Pin/Arcade hobby, you run into many less than scrupulous sellers; you have to be super careful when making purchases and sales.

Did you pay via PayPal? Buyer protection might be able to help you, or even letting the seller know that you will escalate to item received, but not as described, might get you at least a response from the seller...Good luck.

#104 4 years ago

I'm glad to see this all got worked out, but its a shame it had to get ugly first. I would say as others have, to try in everyway possible to work things out through the seller first. I prefer to give someone at least a week before hitting the panic button, simply because you never know what's going on in someone's life that would prevent or even make inconvenient for them to respond to your complaint. I think most people would rather work things out privately then get drug through the mud on an open forum like this and will likely work out any reasonable issues. That said, this is also one of the benefits of a forum like this, it helps to keep people honest.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

When I sell something, I go out of my way to document every flaw I can find.
    I find great satisfaction when someone says "Ya know, it was in better shape than I expected".
    I know "a deal is a deal" and all that, but if a buyer was unhappy with anything they bought from me, I'd have them return it, and simply refund their money minus the shipping.

I do the same thing. Last couple of games I sold, I was told that I blew the problems and flaws a little out of proportion than what was really there. But i'd rather have the flaws seem more significant and turn out better than they expected, than for them to think it was nicer than it was.

#106 4 years ago

There appears to be fault on both sides here...

Seller
    - Grossly exaggerated condition of PF when he described it: "Very nice used Twilight Zone playfield. Would make a great replacement for one that is worn." Clearly not true, given pics by OP.
    - Overpriced PF - $600 suggests something in much better condition. The consensus here, based on the photos, is this is a $200-300 project PF.
    - Delayed Response - sorry, I'm not buying the "out of town" excuse in this day and age. Maybe a few years ago... We all have smart phones in our pockets at all times and places - work, vacation, you name it. Also, Pinside PM's get forwarded to email, so you don't even need to log on.

Buyer
    - Should have asked more questions and asked for more photos
    - Should have waited longer before posting this thread
    - "Scammer" is inflammatory, not called for at this stage... Premature to say the least

Between the two, I fault the seller much more. His description and asking price were way off the mark.

#107 4 years ago

Actually the description on the playfield was accurate. A very nice used playfield. This here was a case of a very picky buyer. He posted the very same pics that I sent him. I still think it's a nice used playfield.

As for me being off the mark at $600, you have to start somewhere. I was offered $500 shipped and I accepted it. I didn't force him to buy it.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from darryla777:

Actually the description on the playfield was accurate. A very nice used playfield. This here was a case of a very picky buyer. He posted the very same pics that I sent him. I still think it's a nice used playfield.
    As for me being off the mark at $600, you have to start somewhere. I was offered $500 shipped and I accepted it. I didn't force him to buy it.

Would you buy it back for $400 shipped?

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkeruza:

Seller sent me a refund of $125.
    Here is his message "Here is a partial refund for the playfield. I'm sorry it was not what you expected. The platforms cost $50 to ship so you are getting it for $325 basically. Live and learn on both of us on this transaction".
    I really appreciate what he has done and it is live an learn.
    Thanks darryla777.

So youre still complaing after he gave you $125 back, and you are trying to sell it back to him for more?

Quoted from dkeruza:

Dude, give it up already!!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkeruza:

Just keeps seeming more and more like buyer's remorse. You've hardly come close to being scammed, you set the price, you said yourself you knew beforehand that it would need work, then you did the math and realized you over-paid, then blasted the seller publicly. He graciously provides a partial refund, which was the right thing to do so neither one of you gets screwed, and now you publicly try to negotiate a sell-back, which would cause him to lose money on the deal.

You're a piece of work.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I looked at all the pics. I don't think you were scammed. If you are as picky about the condition as your last pictures indicate you are, you should not be buying items over the internet (to restore) where condition is critical.

This is exactly why I have zero interest in shipping games.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Shipping = poo

It's in the buyer's and seller's best interest to lock this one down. Problem solved, right?

Screen_shot_2013-10-09_at_8.18.49_AM.png

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkeruza:

I was kidding. No sense of humor here geez.

I bought my Addams Family from a seller here on Pinside and I'm very happy with it. Description was accurate.

#114 4 years ago

We are a strictly serious crew

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkeruza:

I was kidding. No sense of humor here geez.

I laughed when I read it.

#116 4 years ago

The thing that gets me here is that the differences are all semantics.

Seller says "good replacement for ONE THAT IS WORN." That to me seems like it would be a good substitute for one that's down to wood in certain areas; which isn't unheard of.

Buyer had expectations based on his interpretation of the seller's verbiage and probably not the most through look at pictures. Things always look better in pictures, but that's why you have to ask for specific pictures and ask pointed questions.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I feel the same way. Just not worth all the possible headaches and drama!

#118 4 years ago

This implies his playfield has no wear. How could a worn playfield be a good replacement for a worn playfield?

Quoted from Collin:

Seller says "good replacement for ONE THAT IS WORN."

#119 4 years ago

On another note, I got a TOM Playfield from his other brother Darryl and was perfectly fine.

#120 4 years ago

Yeah, well I'm still waiting for mine from his other brothers brother Darryl. He keeps telling me that he is out of town and has no phone or PC service. Blames it on some handyman at an INN he's at....................................

Quoted from eggbert52:

On another note, I got a TOM Playfield from his other brother Darryl and was perfectly fine.

#121 4 years ago

No, not everyone has a smartphone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 224.99
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside