(Topic ID: 222739)

I think I give up... I really think I do...

By Diospinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2fjgrl (resized).jpg
    Special (resized).JPG
    Lloyd (resized).png
    1450799_10201687192594268_1352981891_n (resized).jpg
    188999_10200758519738027_845682978_n (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    image.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago

Pinballs seem intimidating but to be honest they are very simple machines to work on. If something doesn't work, you can usually trace the issue back. Focus on one problem at a time and fix it correctly. If you don't have the manuals for all your games, purchase or download them for reference.

Odds are you aren't the first person to have the issues you are experiencing. Write a clear, concise post regarding your issue(s) and people will help. Don't fill them with all the personal drama. It's a turn off and will not result in the help you seek.

Remember in some cases you are dealing with electronics that have out lived their designed use cycle. Constant maintanece and tweaking is part of the hobby and should be expected.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Breakshot is fried... Its the main MPU board and only one dude I found will/can do the fix. And he only has a few chips left to fix it.. .And I really am not comfortable with that solution... So I'm going to replace all the boards. Rewire the whole machine. And work with one of the guys doing the kingpin remake and run the game through a single board computer and emulate the rom basically... That's going to take a lot of time. And I don't have that right now... And even if I wanted to get it repaired. It still would take about 11 weeks or longer to go the traditional repair time...
    But, I rather do what I said above. Cos that is more my wheelhouse.
    And since everyone here is dumping on me. I figure it is better to keep things in my own wheelhouse.

You're going to replace all the boards, re-wire the machine, then install another board to emulate the ROM vs getting a single board repaired?? I'm going to be positive here and say that's a terrible idea.

You just said you have no time to work on things so why not send the board out. 11 weeks later when things with school die down the board will almost be done.

#112 5 years ago

Here we are 3 pages in with some of the brightest minds on this site tuned in and I don't think you've asked a single question in regards to one of your issues. Not to be that guy, but we know more about your personal life than your machines at this point...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-give-up-i-really-think-i-do?tu=arcadiusmaximus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.