(Topic ID: 188349)

I think i blow my rottendog mpu327

By riverinapinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdennie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Over the years on this site I have noticed that Rottendog boards appear to have a lot of inherent problems which makes me wonder if they should be avoided. I've seen many threads where they just don't work or are very shaky at best right from the start.</blockquot

Yes there have been some complaints, but how many people think, when there game wont boot: just get a replacement board without finding out what happened to the last board. If you don't fix what's really wrong you will just cause new problems on your replacement board! This isn't Rottendogs fault,
    but they are usually more that happy to repair it at no additional cost.
    I've used several rottendog products, and the only ones that have ever failed, were a result of unknown problems elsewhere.
    I wouldn't discourage one of the few people (company) who is willing to make new replacement boards. I'd stand behind them.

#23 4 years ago

I have a 327 in a Flash, first time I installed it, (all voltages were correct) blow most of the IC chips, due to bad display board that feed HV
    back to the mpu.
    They repaired it no charge, about 2 weeks latter I ended up having a problem with the switch columns, after blowing out about 15, 74HCT9114 chips
    I found that one of the pop bumpers was not mounted correctly, (had to flip coil over). It would randomly short out against a drop target switch that was to close to the coil lug.

live and learn, but not RD fault, mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdennie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-think-i-blow-my-rootebdog-mpu327?tu=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.