New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 122226)

I think I am done with pinball, thanks Predator!

By vster23

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RIP.jpg
images-2.jpeg
X2oLwE6.gif

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Unfortunately I am one the people who was in on the predator pre-order. I was so excited to be in the Predator mix from the beginning. Predator was to be my first NIB pinball. All this Drama is taking a toll on me, it is making me physically ill. I can’t even look at the games I own without being mad and upset.

The person I blame the most for this fiasco is MYSELF!! I don’t understand how I could be fooled so easily for so long. I should have saw the flags when the Predator Scrub happened. I had met Kevin at two different Chicago Expos and played Predator a few games. He seemed genuine and honest, plus tons of enthusiasm. Had I known he didn’t have a license I never would have never paid in full.

I feel bad that Kevin’s actions are causing pinside members to fight amongst themselves. The manner in which people are treating each other on the Predator thread is terrible.

I have to stick around pinside now so I can figure out the best way to get my refund, if possible. Even if I get my refund , I don’t know if I can still like pinball. Pinball used to make me so happy.

I am getting outsourced at work so, I have to focus my time looking for another job and really don’t have time for pinball.

#2 5 years ago

How much do you want for your BOP pin?

#3 5 years ago

Sorry this happened to you dude, but do not let your love of Pinball die! At least you have your health and hopefully with some justice you will get a partial or full refund. Good luck and keep pinballing!

#4 5 years ago

Don't let it bum you out brother. I feel similar right now, but instead of bailing on a hobby i love with many other great people, i will be hoping for a refund and then will put this all behind me by buying a new pin off my wish list that I have been wanting for a long time! Cheer up. This will pass in time and it will be better.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

How much do you want for your BOP pin?

C'mon man, I know your joking, but nows not really the time.

I'm truly sorry vster23 and to all Predator pre-orderers.

It sucks to see so many good people taken advantage of. I hope this doesn't ruin pinball for you in the long run.

#6 5 years ago

This kind of BS is understandably upsetting. I hope you are able to put it in perspective. Ive been burned financially a few times in life and some people just suck. The good news is you can move forward and make decisions in life that are to better yourself. This is just a financial setback if you end up losing your deposit. In time this to shall pass. #first world problems

Focus on all the good things in life and it will get better.

#7 5 years ago

That whole situation truly sucks. No way around that. Keep the faith even during difficult times. Pre-ordering is dead (at least it is for me). It is just too easy to get wrapped up emotionally to put money down in the hope that it gets built. Now that I've heard Hobbit is another 4-5 months out I'm starting to get some cold feet on that also.

Stay sane and don't let this situation suck the life out of ya.

#8 5 years ago

I feel exactly the same way. Not much more I can say really. Focus on what makes you happy. Right now, that's a bottle of Brandy and my pizza guy on speed dial.

#9 5 years ago

Can I have your Centaur?

Seriously... sorry for your losses.... I just hope you get your money back & somebody else makes a better Predator.

#10 5 years ago

Deep breaths. If you liked pinball before this shit fest then you'll like it again afterwards.

I'm frankly fucked off with myself for getting taken on this ride but there's no way I'll let it stop me from doing something I love.

If I think of all the hours I've enjoyed playing my pins then it's worth far more to me than the cash that's just been lost.

Have a beer say fuck it a few times and see what happens in the next few weeks. There's not a lot we can do at this stage so try not to stress to much.

#11 5 years ago

I hear you vster, I'm in the same boat unfortunately. Kevin doing the right thing and refunding the money will definitely make a difference. The only saving grace for me if there are no refunds is knowing I (hopefully) helped drive him, and any other beneficiaries from the scam, into the f'ing dirt like a railroad spike, and put so much heat onto them it will be suffocating.

#12 5 years ago

One Pinside thread does not represent all of Pinside.
Pinside does not represent all of Pinball.
SKIT-B certainly does not represent Pinball.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. You have a great collection of classic games; enjoy them and try not to let the Predator thing get you down.

Quoted from vster23:

I am getting outsourced at work so, I have to focus my time looking for another job and really don’t have time for pinball.

That really sucks. I hope you end up with a better job, as sometimes happens.

#13 5 years ago

I hear you, it was almost my first NIB also - but just couldn't do it.
I understand this is a shit load of cash to lots of people, but it's not the end of the world.

It could always be worse.

#14 5 years ago

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Most of the people in this hobby are great people.

For what it is worth, this scenaior has been played since the dawn of commerace. The term "Caveat Emptor" comes to mind.....

#15 5 years ago

I just pray that this is the end of pre-order pinball. Just too much money to give to a stranger for zero guarantees. Sucks a ton of people are going to get screwed, but I just hope it never happens again. If you are considering building a game, please invest your own money or find a partner with money to back the project.

#16 5 years ago

Pinball is not the problem. Poor business and shady people are the problem.

More reason to buy coded finished games that the price has settled on.

#17 5 years ago

Think of it as an investment. Everyone at some point makes a bad investment. Most people rebound and learn from their mistake. There is great opportunity in this, although it doesn't seem like it now.

#18 5 years ago

Tell me again why I should never pre-order a pinball machine.

#19 5 years ago

I am sorry you have so much going on at once.

I hope you find a better job.

And at some point love pinball again.

LTG : )™

#20 5 years ago

man people sure are quick to jump on your collection

Sorry about what happened and try to stay positive, that whole situations is messed up

#21 5 years ago

Sorry about the bad turn of events in your life. I can see why you feel sick to your stomach about pinball right now. However, I would feel worse turning away from something that brought so much pleasure and excitement in your life because some d-bag decided he was going to scam people. Don't let him win!! Step back, come to grips with the possible loss of funds, give Kevin the big bird, drink a beer, and play some pinball!!

#22 5 years ago

Is this guy refunding money at least???

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I have to stick around

X2oLwE6.gif

#24 5 years ago

I am hoping for the best for all the victims, I was almost in on this but Kevin never got back to me about a payment schedule after he agreed to let me jump in. I also would have been ill.

#25 5 years ago

Hey man, I can't tell you what you should do or how you should feel, but the idea of someone "leaving" pinball because of someone else really bums me out. Maybe a week from now you'll have your money and a new outlook on things. Maybe a week from now you'll find out that you're not getting your money back and you'll feel worse about the situation. Either way, the positive sides of pinball should be able to buffer the feelings from this one poor experience.

I've had a few experiences in pinball that really, really bummed me out. It took a while, but the highs I've experienced from pinball have more than made up for the lows. Over time, I promise you, there will be more highs than lows.

If you choose to step back, I hope you come back to find pinball in a better spot for you than it is today.

#26 5 years ago

I feel for you vster, I think you should take a break , cover you pins for a while , forget they are there . In 6 months go uncover them and fall in love all over again ! Hang in there buddy .

#27 5 years ago

I played Predator at Allentown and missed making a deposit due to already committing to buy another game. Dumb, fortunate luck!

Take a break from it. In a few months, things will start normalizing. You have great games, enjoy them!

#28 5 years ago

Cover them up, put them in storage, get a friend to hold on to them... But don't get rid of them. It will get better. I always try to remind myself things could always be worse. You will through this.

#29 5 years ago

So tell me again why I should preorder a game?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Think of it as an investment. Everyone at some point makes a bad investment. Most people rebound and learn from their mistake. There is great opportunity in this, although it doesn't seem like it now.

Are you kidding me pinball is not a investment and it is thinking like that which bad for pinball

#31 5 years ago

I'm already feeling better about it. The whole thing is over and reached it's conclusion and all that is left is to see if we can recoupe any/all of our money.
There's no more Predator pinball - that chapter of pinball history has been written and time to move on to the next chapter.
CHeer up man!

#32 5 years ago

Push on. Don't let other people's fraudulent behaviour ruin pinball for you.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Unfortunately I am one the people who was in on the Predator pre-order. I was so excited to be in the Predator mix from the beginning. Predator was to be my first NIB pinball. All this Drama is taking a toll on me, it is making me physically ill. I can’t even look at the games I own without being mad and upset.
The person I blame the most for this fiasco is MYSELF!! I don’t understand how I could be fooled so easily for so long. I should have saw the flags when the Predator Scrub happened. I had met Kevin at two different Chicago Expos and played Predator a few games. He seemed genuine and honest, plus tons of enthusiasm. Had I known he didn’t have a license I never would have never paid in full.
I feel bad that Kevin’s actions are causing pinside members to fight amongst themselves. The manner in which people are treating each other on the Predator thread is terrible.
I have to stick around pinside now so I can figure out the best way to get my refund, if possible. Even if I get my refund , I don’t know if I can still like pinball. Pinball used to make me so happy.

step 1 - relax man, life is too short, the whole situation is VERY unfortunate but losing sleep over it is only hurting you, nobody else

step 2 - don't blame yourself, you got scammed, period... only person to blame is the person that did this unfortunately

step 3 - stay out of dramatic pinside threads... you will have much less stress in your life... they are like a war zone - seriously

step 4 - contact your CC company/paypal whatever and get that ball rolling

step 5 - get another job

step 6 - enjoy your machines, they are games after all

remember, even darkness must pass, there is a lot of darkness on pinside, but there are a lot of great people/threads here... use the "drain it" feature and you will enjoy your stay here a lot more

#34 5 years ago

2 words....margarita....cigar....

#35 5 years ago

what the hell are you talking about! stop playing pins the only thing that could really pull you out of something like this? I have a good mind to load up the cooler,grab some pizza with party favors and head down your way for a night of pins.better party hard now cause im pretty sure you will be working again soon and looking to buy your next pin..this is how life works

#36 5 years ago

Hang in there, D. We've got a good group of pinheads in KC and I'm sure you'll get lots of support. It sucks for sure. You are always welcome to drop me a note or call if you want to chat.

#37 5 years ago

It's a bummer but don't let it effect your love for pinball! I got laid off without any notice whatsoever 5 months ago. Called into the bosses office, 'We're restructuring, you're 3 days away from your 6 month probation so here is your 1 weeks notice and 1 weeks pay, see ya'. Didn't help I had a pregnant wife at home. But hey I spent the time restoring one of my machines, playing GTA5 and looking for another job, 6 weeks later I found a dream job, so happy days! Things will turn around bro.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Unfortunately I am one the people who was in on the predator pre-order. I was so excited to be in the Predator mix from the beginning. Predator was to be my first NIB pinball. All this Drama is taking a toll on me, it is making me physically ill. I can’t even look at the games I own without being mad and upset.

I'm paid in full on PRED too. We will endure brother. Keep strong man. Once this dies down, we will have yet another story to tell our families later. It's ok.

#39 5 years ago

Take a step back and wait awhile; but don't let one bad deal send you running from this great hobby. Now you know how to identify "shysters" which this hobby if full of. Stick to people with high integrity and a positive past.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Take a step back and wait awhile; but don't let one bad deal send you running from this great hobby. Now you know how to identify "shysters" which this hobby if full of. Stick to people with high integrity and a positive past.

What about mediocre integrity and a lightly tarnished past?

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Snurdley:

C'mon man, I know your joking, but nows not really the time.
I'm truly sorry vster23 and to all Predator pre-orderers.
It sucks to see so many good people taken advantage of. I hope this doesn't ruin pinball for you in the long run.

Let's be honest here, the OP didn't lose a child or anything close to that. He lost some money, yeah that sucks really bad but who here hasn't lost money one time or another. Let's keep it in perspective, okay? It was a joke take it just as that.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

It was a joke take it just as that.

Yeah, I obviously knew that.

It just wasn't funny and ill-timed.

But keep on digging.
images-2.jpeg

#43 5 years ago

Pinsiders make me want to quit pinball way more than a 5K hit!!

#44 5 years ago

I hate to say it, and I feel for all of you who got screwed by this guy, but don't pre order games unless you have played it and know the reputation, finished code, whatever. Good luck recovering your loss.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Hang in there man!!!...I got wrapped up reading the crap too, and didn't even have money in the Project....it's bad for pinball, and bad for anyone who wants to believe in the good in people first.

Is what it is, but things could be WAY worse....find your new gig, and enjoy the awesome machines you have. Don't ever let stupidity around you affect your outlook on life. ( because there is a lot of it out there)....mark

#46 5 years ago

RIP.jpg

#47 5 years ago

I have been there after a bad deal

Take a deep breath, focus on something else for a while
Your pinball machines will still be there

#48 5 years ago

Finally some good news, Kevin just posted about the refunds on the main predator thread....fingers crossed.

#49 5 years ago

What would Jessie say?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Unfortunately I am one the people who was in on the Predator pre-order. I was so excited to be in the Predator mix from the beginning. Predator was to be my first NIB pinball. All this Drama is taking a toll on me, it is making me physically ill. I can’t even look at the games I own without being mad and upset.

This is really depressing, and I imagine others in your shoes feel the same. In fact, I know many do (I have a friend in on this who told me the same thing).

Don't be too hard on yourself though. You were not alone in this by a long shot.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't let it bum you out brother. I feel similar right now, but instead of bailing on a hobby i love with many other great people, i will be hoping for a refund and then will put this all behind me by buying a new pin off my wish list that I have been wanting for a long time! Cheer up. This will pass in time and it will be better.

Well said Hilton.

If Kevin comes through in issuing refunds like his recent email says, it will obviously go a long way towards making this a lot less painful for all involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 899.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
$ 189.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 209.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside