(Topic ID: 78081)

I suspect a lot of STLE have not been sold yet.

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hammer-time.jpg
rps20140221_215513_186.jpg
image-206.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
STLE set up.jpg
WP_001587.jpg
ST3.jpg
RIF.jpg
image-285.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I agree on lighting being a huge deal. But I can tell you from my Xman experience that while I loved the lighting on my LE, in the end the game play without the stupid swinging bridge and magnets made the Pro the better choice.
It will vary for each person.
Its not the same but my Pro with Leds looks awesome and plays perfect. The lighting wont trump the moving snake, Neuton square thingy and Hammer which I don't like.
Luckily we can all buy the one we like : )

Well said I couldn't agree more. Once I got over my have to have LE phase and actually gave Pros a chance I found on some pins I actually preferred the Pro gameplay over other models. Or that the other models weren't worth the price gap to me. Which was very good for my wallet. It is great that Stern offers the Pros at their price point I think it has been and still is vital to keep pinball alive and well.

At first I did not like how they made different models but now it seems like the right thing to do. Some love the idea of having an LE along with the extras it provides and buyers of it help keep the Pro models in a reasonable price range.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I basically went from preferring the Met Pro to realizing it was just too gimped, the lighting might not matter to you though.

To me what is gimped was the square box on the LE that took the place of the captive ball and the massive hammer that has it's issues and slows down gameplay. The square/flat pad on the LE really does effect gameplay and I found myself much preferring the captive ball on the Pro. While the lighting effects on Premium/LE are awesome a LED converted pro with some additional mods is not bad at all. To me gameplay always trumps lighting features no mater what. But as you already mentioned it's nice they make each model so people can get the one that is right for them.

Of course it is natural to have LE buyers that paid a premium for the pin to emphasize how much more awesome it is then the other models. Only natural I guess. However, it is important to realize not everyone is going to prefer the same thing as you no matter how awesome you think it is.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but I also dig cool interactive toys which is what the hammer is.

I just prefer for gameplay not to be slowed down to lock the ball and dislike the size of it. It is cool how you can actually see the balls lock though. I don't think you will get tired of it you like it no problem with that.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have plenty of issues with the hammer, but slowing down gameplay isn't one of them. Takes no more time than any other physical lock. Hell, Star Trek has virtual locks but shoot up into the Vengeance to lock and it pops the drop target up, holds the ball, you hear the BALL 1 LOCKED sound clip. The game stopping for a few second and the hammer smashing the ball is the actual cool part of the stupid thing.

I get what your saying I really do. All I'm trying to get at is for a pin like MET which I want to be high energy fast and furious I don't want the ball stopped and hammered I just want to keep on keeping on. Not saying I'm against all physical ball locks (especially in the center of the playfield) but rather for this pin I prefer not to have one.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Goes both ways. Just like Tron/Xmen/ACDC/etc, some Pro owners love to put down the Prem/LE buyers as suckers by reiterating that they got a better game at a better price. Add to that the "lies" that the hammer blocks the playfield & Sparky & the delusion that customizing with LEDs can even come close to the Prem/LEs lighting FX - of course Prem/LE owners might get defensive!

I agree it goes both ways for sure. It just seems to me that LE owners are typically the ones to get immediately defensive when someone says they don't like something on the machine. People will have different preferences some find it unfathomable that someone would like something different then themselves. Some even make fun of others because they prefer something other then the majority of other pinheads online. Which is a little silly.

What you call delusional is someone with a different preference. For example on XM LE I hate the colored lighting they have in the GI and much prefer the GI lighting of my heavily modded Pro. I know you may not agree but it's my honest preference. I don't think the hammer blocks anything but I do think it is much too big and I prefer the look of the machine without it. Just a preference not a shot at any LE owner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-suspect-a-lot-of-stle-have-not-been-sold-yet?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.