(Topic ID: 78081)

I suspect a lot of STLE have not been sold yet.

By rai

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hammer-time.jpg
rps20140221_215513_186.jpg
image-206.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
STLE set up.jpg
WP_001587.jpg
ST3.jpg
RIF.jpg
image-285.jpg
image.jpg

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

As I have stated in a previous thread regarding ST LE.. I by no means am a trekky.
But after playing a friends ST LE I will def get one at some stage.

One of if not the best game I have played in years.
The flow and design of this game is just perfect to me.
And aesthetically the most nicest pin I have ever seen in the flesh.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

As I have stated in a previous thread regarding ST LE.. I by no means am a trekky.
But after playing a friends ST LE I will def get one at some stage.
One of if not the best game I have played in years.
The flow and design of this game is just perfect to me.
And aesthetically the most nicest pin I have ever seen in the flesh.

Karl urban update will either push sales, deter them or make little difference. Time and pricing will tell.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Speaking of Europe and pricing...
The STLEs are in Germany 8.500 € to 8.800 € through "official" channels - that is ca. 11.500 to 12.000 U$. But here is also VAT (19%) included.
You can get an import version from other european countries for about 1.000 U$ less.
Event though quite some of the STLEs were sold, but i am pretty sure there is no way to sell 400 of them in Europe with this pricing.
Nevertheless ST is an huge theme and the machine (and software) seems to a hit.
I am very curious what will happen to the Mustang, since Mustang is really not a big deal in terms fan base in Europe.

Reckon Mustang could be 400 LE only........just guessing. 500 if LCD.

#54 6 years ago

I have ST LE #689 in Poland

#55 6 years ago

i heard that 50% of Limited edition are for usa market and 50% for worldwide.
premium edition is not a problem for the international market
don't panic in usa, you will have your graal

#56 6 years ago

I like the Star Trek theme. The reason I did not buy on was two fold. The price increase, my previous experience with NIB AVLE and MMR announcement. I am on the list for an MMR and hope that will live up to its expectations. I will pick up an STLE in the HOU market in the next 18 months if they are available which I think they will be with all the new pins coming to market these days. This is an interesting time to be in the hobby.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

i heard that 50% of Limited edition are for usa market and 50% for worldwide.
premium edition is not a problem for the international market
don't panic in usa, you will have your graal

I heard the same thing, 399 were for World sales, not just Europe. It is not hard to believe that those could be sold out, if any remain it would be in the US where its the same amount of machines but a lot less people to sell to generally.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

It is not hard to believe that those could be sold out, .

They are not sold out in Germany...so if you have $ 12k to spend...

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from sto:

They are not sold out in Germany...so if you have $ 12k to spend...

it can not work correctly with 50/60Hz area according to distributor country
you need to change components on CPU SAM, i don't know if it's always the same control now but i'm pretty sure

#60 6 years ago

Well they will not make more LE they have made all of them already. I did ask for 2 but did get 1 (Friend to me was looking but he is getting premium instead)
Atleast the place where i did get my game told me they cant get more LE and they tried. So they get more Pro and Premium in Feb.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was looking at the people who claim to own these pins
STLE 184
Met LE 243
TRON LE 163
XM LE 181
If we look at Met half the pins in existence are owned on pinside?
TRON LE around half as well
XM LE probably not sold out likely but if sold 400 around 40% here on Pinside
STLE less than a quarter of supposed production is owned on pinside, my prediction is 400-500 have been sold not counting dealership inventory etc ..

Who cares how many have been sold? I do not understand threads like this. Buy if you want it and don't if you don't.
I am wondering how many Red GMC 2500HD truck have been sold yet? Why? Plus trust me many people do not list the pins they own and your just guessing and for what? what purpose does it serve?

#62 6 years ago

I would have bought one if it was based on the original television show with Shatner, but the new film didn't do anything for me.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think this is due to the general luke warm feel most of the hard core trekkies have to the new movies.

As a Trekkie, I can agree with this statement. But for all you other Trekkies out there, if you get the LE, less Chris Pine to look at, thats gotta be worth at least an extra grand right there.... On the LE, back glass is just a pic of the new Enterprise, which isn't bad at all. You just have to ignore his minor appearance on the back box side art and your golden.

The artwork on the DMD is malleable enough that you can make the leap of it being whichever actor you want Maybe it's better this title wasn't an LCD after all. Just pretend its about some never before released Original Series 2 part episode.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Who cares how many have been sold? I do not understand threads like this. Buy if you want it and don't if you don't.I am wondering how many Red GMC 2500HD truck have been sold yet? Why? Plus trust me many people do not list the pins they own and your just guessing and for what? what purpose does it serve?

my take on the OP's question...

if the LE's are sold out,
then Stern correctly determined what they could charge for this LE (or they underpriced it).
A lot of people posted that the price of this LE was too much (or just too much for them)

If Stern did not sell out,
then Stern has over priced this game, for the expected demand volume.

I believe there are some speculators and distributors included in the demand,
and they are sitting on NIB machines.

bottom line,
Stern priced the game accordingly,
prove me right...

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

I have ST LE #689 in Poland

I have 700-something. The number on the plaque does not mean the other 700 are sold or even made. They could be selling 1-199 and then 600-799 and people would have numbers in the 6s and 7s but there could be a ton not sold or even made.

#66 6 years ago

I doubt Stern made all 799 LE's already. I know in the past on games like LOTRLE, TFLE and RSLE that they only made about half of the games at first and then did a 2nd run once the demand was there for more. I still have my doubts that they even completed all the Rolling Stones LE's since I never see that game around.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I doubt Stern made all 799 LE's already. I know in the past on games like LOTRLE, TFLE and RSLE that they only made about half of the games at first and then did a 2nd run once the demand was there for more. I still have my doubts that they even completed all the Rolling Stones LE's since I never see that game around.

The rumor is that Stones is the only LE that didn't finish its intended run.

I think STLE will be fine. I know the owners of #6 & #7 …I have #584 …seems like LE#'s reported so far are spread all over - seems like a good sign for sales.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I would have bought one if it was based on the original television show with Shatner, but the new film didn't do anything for me.

Not a fan of the new films either. However I had a chance to play an LE locally. It is a lot of fun to play, might outweigh my lukewarm feelings towards the theme.

#69 6 years ago

I have # 701 here in CO.

#70 6 years ago

I have 456 in CT.

#72 6 years ago

Who cares? What difference does it make if any are still for sale. just asking.....

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Who cares? What difference does it make if any are still for sale. just asking.....

Could be important for future sales from us, the collectors. This info could have uses in the buyers market.

Don't all be so quick to dismiss this as useless. No such thing as too much info in business; or eight grand pin purchases!

#75 6 years ago

Most of the number range appear to have owners, except for #200-400. I am curious where they landed.

#76 6 years ago

355 here and lovin it.

#77 6 years ago

I have #236 here

image.jpg
#79 6 years ago

Why do you care if they've sold out?

#80 6 years ago

#561 delivered 20 mins ago

#81 6 years ago

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Why do you care if they've sold out?

Quoted from Hazoff:

Quoted from wdpvideo:

Who cares how many have been sold?

My god, it's like a cacophony of idiocy in here...

If you don't care.....then....WHY POST? DURRRR.

#84 6 years ago

382 here.image-285.jpg

#85 6 years ago

I just decided to help this cause and buy a STLE.

You're welcome.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You're welcome.

Resistance is futile-welcome to the party

RIF.jpg ST3.jpg
2 weeks later
#87 5 years ago

hi, 161 and' in Italy

WP_001587.jpg
#88 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You're welcome.

Me too. I backed out of my pre-order because I wanted to "play before I paid". After playing it recently, decide to re-order and the reorder price was actually $200 lower than the pre-order price (which paid for most of my shipping). A win/win. The lower price would indicate either: (a) they aren't selling well, or (b) they are offering a small price incentive to distributors to move them out. My distributor claims it was (b), and Stern only had a handful left.

#89 5 years ago

All I know for sure is that as of today there is one less available...

STLE set up.jpg

#90 5 years ago

#366 here in NorCal

#91 5 years ago

I think they want them all sold so they can push Mustang LE!

#92 5 years ago

383 in N. Cal

image.jpg
#93 5 years ago

#777 over here and after 2 weeks on location some punk smashed the pf glass .

#94 5 years ago

#76 in Australia

image.jpg

#95 5 years ago

My friend has number 13 I think. . Mines on its way.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

I have #236 here

image.jpg 88 KB

let me know when you will be dropping this off!

#97 5 years ago

I think this was a good discussion when it first came out as many where not sure who would be willing to pay the price increase. Given that this game is a 100% success, I don't think there will be any problem with Stern or distributors selling out of them. The game has some nice bling and the people with deep pockets on don't care about an extra few hundred. In the North East, we even have a arcade that has an LE. I drove an hour, just so I could dump $10 in the machine....................And it was worth every penny!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well, when you buy something, you want to know how smart your investment was...that's all. Supply / demand dictate future price. Only normal to wonder about such a thing.

#99 5 years ago

Not to get off subject but, what is a good price for a STLE. I have been tossing the idea around if I can get it by the wife.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Not to get off subject but, what is a good price for a STLE. I have been tossing the idea around if I can get it by the wife.

Good price for an LE??? 8k for the pin, and 2K for the you and the wife's trip to an all inclusive resort in the carribean.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside