(Topic ID: 78081)

I suspect a lot of STLE have not been sold yet.

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hammer-time.jpg
rps20140221_215513_186.jpg
image-206.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
STLE set up.jpg
WP_001587.jpg
ST3.jpg
RIF.jpg
image-285.jpg
image.jpg
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

I was looking at the people who claim to own these pins

STLE 184
Met LE 243
Tron LE 163
XM LE 181

If we look at Met half the pins in existence are owned on pinside?
Tron LE around half as well
XM LE probably not sold out likely but if sold 400 around 40% here on Pinside

STLE less than a quarter of supposed production is owned on pinside, my prediction is 400-500 have been sold not counting dealership inventory etc ..

#2 10 years ago

It was a bigger run the all the other titles you mentioned

#3 10 years ago

Well, that's great for anyone who still wants one!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

It was a bigger run the all the other titles you mentioned

I know, so I was suspecting more like MET LE numbers if they had sold ~500 like MET LE

#5 10 years ago

I have been in regular contact with a distributor and have been told more than once that they will be available in the near term. (I have been selling pins to raise funds to get one myself.) I have no idea what that means in terms of specific numbers.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know, so I was suspecting more like MET LE numbers if they had sold ~500 like MET LE

Obviously wasn't a frenzy to get a hold of these like MET, but I believe they will sell out way before X-MEN, which I agree with you, probably still hasn't

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

More people on the fence w/ ST due to LE #'s, price increase, previous game code issues, art opinions, etc.

Metallica LE was "right place right time"…coming off of AC/DC's success, excitement for Stern's custom/original art package & toys, & AC/DC LE and Tron LE's flippability. Also Met fans gobbled 'em up. I don't think Trekkies cared so much.

#8 10 years ago

although i have a pre...maybe all the talk of "get the code done and then I will think about buying" is taking hold. Its a good game and code is far enough along to make it a good game already, with further updates maybe they will sell a boatload more..

#9 10 years ago

I think Metallica being something of a disappointment has affected ST:LE sales.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Obviously wasn't a frenzy to get a hold of these like MET, but I believe they will sell out way before X-MEN, which I agree with you, probably still hasn't

#10 10 years ago

I seem to remember that Metallica fans got dibs on some LEs. Was that the case for Star Trek?

#11 10 years ago

Price price price

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think Metallica being something of a disappointment has affected ST:LE sales.

Just the code...not the look or layout of the game. I can understand it leaving a bad taste in your mouth if you currently own a MET

#13 10 years ago

Well my EU reseller sold 20 and i got the final one from them. They did tell mere they cant get any more (Well i did ask for 2 units since a friend was about to pull the trigger). So did Stern make 799 of them or not?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

So did Stern make 799 of them or not?

It was supposed to be 400 goes to EU and 399 for Domestic.
I was told that European distributors cancelled orders and the containers left with less quantities. Stern is doing another run in February. Looks like whatever distributor stepped up to the bat first got more allocation. I think Europe got the short end of the stick on this one? If they cancelled it may have been too late and they went to domestic distributors?

#15 10 years ago

Some don't keep their collections up to date as well. I am guilty of this as well.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern is doing another run in February.

Just curious, how do you know this? I am on the fence as well and wonder how much longer they will be plentiful.

#17 10 years ago

Simple - if STLE had been a 'normal' 500 LE, they would be gone and gone fast as people would have panicked for fear of missing out.

#18 10 years ago

I was told by a large distro that the 400 units went to Europe... Who knows for sure.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from rexman10:

Just curious, how do you know this?

For what it's worth, I have heard the same thing.

#20 10 years ago

Very polarizing theme, in my opinion -doubly so with art from the new movies.

For every "non-car guy" wondering why anyone would want the Mustang theme, there is probably a guy with the exact same feelings about Star Trek. Crappiest theme since Shrek as far as I'm concerned.

#21 10 years ago

Star Trek a crappy theme?? Ok if you say so.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It is a crappy theme when you really want one of those games bad but don't have the room or funds

#23 10 years ago

I think we have 1 maybe 2 left out of 20 that we got.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also Met fans gobbled 'em up. I don't think Trekkies cared so much.

I think this is due to the general luke warm feel most of the hard core trekkies have to the new movies.

#25 10 years ago

They must have made games way out of order then since we sold some in the high 700's

#26 10 years ago

I think they built and shipped them all, and the remaining numbers are scattered among all the dists.

#27 10 years ago

The difference in serial number equals the difference in LE number. They built all 799 consecutively.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think this is due to the general luke warm feel most of the hard core trekkies have to the new movies.

Exactly. If a hardcore Trekkie MUST have a pinball machine, there are 3 others that have more nostalgia attached to them.

#29 10 years ago

Automated is probably sitting on twenty or thirty.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly. If a hardcore Trekkie MUST have a pinball machine, there are 3 others that have more nostalgia attached to them.

But not as fun

#31 10 years ago

no new boardset/display as anticipated, 799 made, and a price increase to boot = extra games unsold me thinks

#32 10 years ago

I have a couple left, but have sold Many of them. I wouldn't call it a poor seller at all!

#33 10 years ago

I'm shopping around ,their are still plenty to be had.

#34 10 years ago

From what I've heard it is selling pretty well considering the tough sellers market… not much selling these days.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from Rarehero:

A very likely scenario. The movies were great pieces of action, and I enjoyed both quite a bit, but it's hard to say they met the core definition of Star Trek. But, I still bought one and it will never leave.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

But not as fun

Non-pinheads don't know what makes one game more fun than another…they might just think pinball is cool in general, and it would be cool to have one with a theme they love. That's how I started! I got a Back to the Future because I love the movies & the fact that it was $300 didn't hurt.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This has merit. Trek fans are a tough crowd of nerds.

#38 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that someone here on pinside that lives in Europe posted a photo of their STLE #799.

#39 10 years ago

I have #609 and know of two #69x numbers here in town. I appreciate how it affects the retail market, but Stern sold all of them.

I think there are several factors. Theme, price increase and some saturation of the LE market. We as collectors were all screaming when there was a perceived shortage of METLE. We got more games with an in requester price increase.

It would make sense for Stern to raise there price until sales went down. That would be one way to find the threshold.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have #609 and know of two #69x numbers here in town. I appreciate how it affects the retail market, but Stern sold all of them.

This actually does not negate the OPs statement. I will agree with you that Stern has sold them all, the question is, have the distributors. The fact you have seen high numbers just means that you purchased from a distributor that got that allotment. #10 could still be unsold and sitting in a distributors warehouse. A couple distributors have even responded to this thread stating they have some in stock.

#41 10 years ago

X-men le is being liquidated here in Canada. Selling off remaining stock for less than a star trek premium costs.
Not a great seller obviously. But a great game none the less. I own #122 of 250 magneto LE.
Star trek LE is said to be sold out. As far as I know you can't get them from Stern. Distributors have purchased all the remaining stock. I would think that even if the production of them is not complete any remaining numbers are spoken for by distributors. Probably holding on to some to inflate the price and make a larger profit.
I don't blame them. Its a great game and well worth the original price.

#42 10 years ago

With the exchange rate on the Euro, the much higher price on the LE and throw in the added shipping cost…..I don't see how they can sell that many overseas. JJP included.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Nothing like a good crap!

#44 10 years ago

How much did a STLE cost with the price increase??? $7800 shipped?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How much did a STLE cost with the price increase??? $7800 shipped?

Less if you bought from one who is sold out. More if you bought from one who still has stock.

#46 10 years ago

I have number 760 sitting right here... who wants it.. Fresh in the box.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I'm pretty sure that someone here on pinside that lives in Europe posted a photo of their STLE #799.

That was in the states. My distributor had it when I went to pick up mine.

#48 10 years ago

I have confirmed that a small number of LEs are going to be produced by Stern next month. They might well already be spoken for by distributors, however.

#49 10 years ago

The Itchy & Scratchy saucer on TSPP has more rule depth than the entire PF of Metallica

That has to contribute to the slowdown in sales of ST

#50 10 years ago

Speaking of Europe and pricing...
The STLEs are in Germany 8.500 € to 8.800 € through "official" channels - that is ca. 11.500 to 12.000 U$. But here is also VAT (19%) included.

You can get an import version from other european countries for about 1.000 U$ less.
Event though quite some of the STLEs were sold, but i am pretty sure there is no way to sell 400 of them in Europe with this pricing.

Nevertheless ST is an huge theme and the machine (and software) seems to a hit.
I am very curious what will happen to the Mustang, since Mustang is really not a big deal in terms fan base in Europe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-suspect-a-lot-of-stle-have-not-been-sold-yet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.