3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wantdataeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was expecting a basic C and D letter on some attorney stationary...instead I get this...Im not sure what to say

Yes, I know what you were expecting. Everything about the post card from "wantEDdataeast", to it being hand penned and the Uranus stamp was intentional. You see I had no idea if you had actually given me your address or the address of your local McDonalds. I assumed (correctly) that you would find posting the postcard as is irresistible, which of course you did. This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.

When you commission one of the world’s most renown fantasy artist you need to be prepared to protect your investment; I feel forced to protect the image in this situation for several reasons. You have seemed to have pressed this unnecessarily from the beginning by.. using the image AFTER I had said on the forum it had a copyright on it, not stopping its use when I told you to stop (that was your C&D) and the even the contents of your pinside messages .

I have given permission with compensation of the Survivor image on several occasions. Approved second rights to the use of the image are reasonable but not inexpensive.

This has become a very unfortunate unnecessary situation of your own making.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

@wantdataeast
I gave you an upvote for putting a picture of Uranus on a post card -- I might just have to go out an buy some of those stamps.
I am not a big alien head fan, but I admit I do like the "Survivor" artwork.
On a side note, I don't know you from any number of other pinsiders here on the forum. I mean you no ill will and as mentioned by another poster I am sure you are a nice guy in general. I will admit that I am having a good laugh at the developments on the forum since you listed you Baywatch for sale. I held back from posting in the initial thread but have joined the pinside pile-on here in round two. I give you credit for standing firm and sticking up for yourself, but sometimes being stubborn and being sensible are not the same thing.
I imagine if you owned the fact that you gave a used car salesman's pitch in your description and you cut a few corners (by taking pictures/trying to sell a machine sitting on a piece of cardboard in the street vs. taking the time to install the legs/show it working properly) you could save yourself a lot of grief going forward. I've been bullheaded in past personal situations -- there have been times when it was worth it but there were also times I realized I had to admit that others had a point that was better than mine.
My advice, join in the fun and maybe give into the idea that making a few quick dollars gave you a bit of tunnel vision on your initial post. One way or another you are already a legend here on the forum and you've "invented" a new word that will probably be used for years to come -- how many members can say that? Life is too short for resentment and lawyers over something that should be fun. C'mon back and play some pinball.

Very good post.

#342 5 years ago

BTW Larry Elmore is the Artist that did the illustration for the back glass of the Dungeons & Dragons pinball machine.

1_3aeb0ac1f4cb7053ebff7bde4fb79c18 (resized).jpg1_3aeb0ac1f4cb7053ebff7bde4fb79c18 (resized).jpg
#345 5 years ago

I am glad to hear several people like the Survivor image.

I have an offer. I will give a signed and numbered Survivor lithograph to anyone who makes a $35 donation to the Project Pinball folks, shipping would be $5 domestically...so $40 (I would like only to be reimbursed for the shipping costs). The Lithographs are signed by the one and only Larry Elmore. Limited Edition of 1,947. 35" x 23" inches in size.

I have not talked to the Project Pinball people, I am sure someone here knows them and can help arrange this?

A lot folks with spare time to make some incredible gifs... anyone have time to try to make this happen?

s-l1600-22 (resized).jpgs-l1600-22 (resized).jpg
#371 5 years ago

Better proposal…I will challenge Pinside to the following:

A Kickstarter project to place a Project Pinball machine at the Shriners Children's Hospital in Lexington KY.

The Kickstarter would have a goal of $3299.

donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
$15 gets a postcard with Roswell soil attached
$35 gets a Signed & Numbered Lithograph
…etc
Maybe someone can donate some custom translites or something of that nature.

AND IF the $3299 goal it met… at that point I will do stretch goal of putting the now infamous Baywatch machine up at my original asking price of $3299.

And give ALL proceeds to Project Pinball. So basically donating the Baywatch machine (and my entire investment in it), all Lithographs and postcards to the Project Pinball charity.

I can NOT set this up. Someone would need to coordinate with the Project Pinball folks to make it happen. And if the $3299 is not met... no stretch goal Baywatch machine. (Of course any funds raised via any Kickstarter would be Project Pinballs.)

If it can not be set up I will still do the donations of the Lithographs.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, I sent $35 to them last night before anything has been setup. Should be a tip-off that it’s for the print since I’m assuming not many would send such a random amount (typically $25,50,100, etc).
PM’ed wantdataeast to let him know I’d forward my PayPal email receipt for proof. Haven’t heard back, but only been about 12 hrs so I’ll be patient. Just need to know where to send my $5 for postage.

Awesome. I will check the PM.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can the post card be written as a C&D and contain threatening legal vernacular?

I think each would need as unique as possible. And signed "Immaculately yours, Wantdataeast"

#397 5 years ago

I am sorry all... I have time to check posts on this site... maybe once / twice a day.

Sounds like we have an offer for some Tote bags to be donated BTW.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh I forgot, the only way this can end is with Project Pinball taking a picture of all of the money donated on the glass!

Clearly. At least in check form.

#399 5 years ago

Look all, I have done nothing here BUT I am will to do all I said. But I can NOT set anything up with a Kickstarter. I do not have time. I think a Kickstarter is the only way it would work because it would be way too much labor to do this and that via PM. But I can work with those who have the time to set whatever up. I would just need 100% conformation that the Project Pinball folks are directly set up to get any / all funds.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

wantdataeast ... still waiting for you to return my PM discussing my original $35 donation to project pinball. Seems about as easy as the few posts you’ve done on here already. Just send me your email address so I can PayPal you the $5 for postage.

Sorry for the delay I sent you the PM

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just met with Daniel from Project Pinball. We had a dedication here in St. Paul, MN on Monday at our Children's Hospital. We talked about several different fundraising opportunities, so I'm sure he would be up for it. I can reach out to him.
UPDATE: I did reach out to Daniel and he said he would appreciate the gesture. I sent a PM to wantdataeast about where people can send their donation and how they can label it so it is easily traceable as coming from this lithograph offer. I'll let him post the details on that.

Sorry for the delay all.... just catching up on posts now

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

From the sounds of it, the kids do not get the pinball....
1) Kickstarter campaign which allows people to purchase the postcards/lithographs
2) The only way the campaign goes through is if he sells roughly 100 of the lithographs, otherwise nobody pays anything and nobody gets anything
3) If the campaign is fully funded (gets to $3299 in purchases of his postcards and lithographs) he will then post the pinball machine as a purchase option on kickstarter, where if you donate $3299 to the project, you will get the machine
4) all funds (assuming everything gets funded) goes to project pinball, and the person who donated the $3299 to buy the pinball, keeps the pinball.
5) Wantdataeast is supplying and then required to ship all the items.
In theory it sounds good, but I find it hard to believe that the project will ever be funded. And if it does..
1) If Wantdataeast does not ship the items, the only recourse is through a lawsuit (ie you will never get your money back through kickstarter as they do not guarantee the items)
2) If someone else sets up the Kickstarter campaign (which wantdataeast is trying to do), they are the ones who will be on the hook if he decides not to deliver.

Yes.
- The side art alone makes a Baywatch inappropriate for a children hospital.
1 - correct
2 - NO. the goal at $3299. If only $500 is raised that is fine. Who cares how much is raised? The more the better, it is a great charity organization. Everyone that donates at what ever level gets what they are promised.
3 - The "funded" part would be more for just throwing the actually pin out there as the stretch goal... at that point some could buy it or not. If someone wanted the pin at $3299 I would not be the one seeing that money from it, in fact i lose my initial investment in the machine (... "lose" is not really an appropriate word my initial investment become essentially donated.)
4 - correct

your follow up 1 & 2
1 - That is not gonna happen.
2 - I am not sure how the typically Kickstarters work but I would prefer to just ship weekly as donations were made. So everyone would see them being shipped. And clearly the bigger concern here would be that some random person, not me nor Project Pinball, would be getting the money. So it would have to be set up so only Project Pinball had access to the funds.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I fully considered this before accepting his offer to donate $35 to Project Pinball in order to receive a lithograph. But I thought it was a small price to pay to see if he was a man of his word... and it goes to a good cause in any case. I’m finding out that he appears not to be a man of his word (or at least a slow responding one at best). Beware of any other promises/proposals he might make.

...again sorry for the slow response, very busy weekend.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

wantdataeast still has his imamaculate Baywatch for sale on craigslist in Lexington...just a heads up...I too am skeptical. What happens to all of his offers here on Pinside if he does end up selling it locally on craigslist? wantdataeast deleting his ad on craigslist sure would make his offers here seem more sincere...maybe it’s just an oversight and he forgot to delete it???

I pretty much did not bother to delete it, but I will not re-up any such ad until I can see if there is any pinside interest on what I have proposed.

I just rejected to what seemed to be a serious request about the Baywatch from a semi-local person with a "Sorry man she is not available any longer". I am not going to make pitch for a charity then immediately sell it, unless of course the concept of a Kickstarter "has no legs". I can not do a Kickstarter on my own... no time. If there is no one to help on this, sadly it's not going to happen. And I will just be donating signed and numbered Survivor Lithographs per any $35 donation to Project Pinball (and a $5 via paypal to me for the shipping cost).

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Me sending that message to him isn't about me. It's not about any single one of us. It's about those kids in the hospital who we'd all like to get a pinball machine.
The goal of $3299 is a lot - if I can offer "imamaculate" tote bags or a silly costume and it helps reach the goal, even just a $100, that's my purpose here.

Yes correct. How much and why people raise money for a charity is not the point. It is raising it. I could not care less why someone would donate to a project like this. If there was limited edition of some tote bag, mug, T-shirt or whatever who cares if it moves any charity project forward.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Someone please start a ‘go fund me’ to buy this legendary immaculate machine. Would be a hit at shows! Seriously

Agreed. What he said.
PM me and we can contact the Project Pinball folks and make it happen.

Until then $35 donation to Project Pinball and $5 to me for shipping gets you a Signed and Numbered Larry Elmore Survivor Print! ... and I will throw in a FREE Post card with tiny Roswell soil sample.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Not to bust you pinballs any more. . . but I know you mean lose and not loose.

enjoy... friend.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think that without another crayon scribed legal document from Mr Dataeast, this thread will circle the drain and slip into the pages of pinside history...

Quite often passing a collection plate will clear a church revival tent... So I guess we will see.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Don’t worry! It’s legs day at the gym!!!

PM me your address. You are getting a free Post card for the pic in that post.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you know its not a scam for your address to sue you since you used the sunglasses version of the alien head

... it was the "leg day" reference and pic... priceless!

#517 5 years ago

Shipping Survivor prints now. I had to order these square mailers special for any Pinside donation orders, and they just arrived today. Honestly I do not like them but they result in much cheaper shipping than my regular round capped tubes. Packed with a lithograph, postcard and Roswell soil sample, they still only weight 11 oz, so they will ship first class. I guessed I was going to lose on the shipping cost but it looks like the cost of the mailer and shipping it works out right at $5.

So they are ready to go and will be shipping out ASAP from now on after donation is made to the Project Pinball folks and $5 sent to me for shipping.

I will do my best to put a unique comment on each postcard and hopefully they will be shared here.

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG
#518 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Been following since day one. This fellow kentuckian inspired me to make donation for litho and postcard. Good deal all around.

It is packed and ships out tomorrow. Thanks

#520 5 years ago

go to http://projectpinball.org/donate/
donate $35, PM me a screenshot of showing me you made a payment...just so I know it happened.
and I will send you my paypal address for the $5 shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wantdataeast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread?tu=wantdataeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.