Topic Stats

• 679 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by jmountjoy111
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 218 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC03022.JPG
DSC03011.JPG
IMG_20190116_1505038.jpg
Screenshot_20190405-143600_Chrome (resized).jpg
20190103_134203 (resized).jpg
9685913B-2075-4773-87E2-CD4A2C37053A (resized).jpeg
3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif
F0076F29-2018-43FB-B377-E19B7D4079D1 (resized).jpeg
output_3hvZ3W.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago

I am so glad this thread is back

And if anybody uses my avatar I will sue them so don't even think about it. I commissioned this avatar image to be made years ago.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

Do you have a full picture of your avatar? This would make it alot easier for nobody to not use it.

Some guy named Greg has it

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Well hopefully I didn't goat you into PMing him about it, thus causing you to be fucked and in big legal trouble

You're funny, nobody is going to get into any legal trouble over this.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Now I'm super curious. Why is Mr Dataeast sending him a C and D letter?

Here are wantdataeast's quotes that triggered us to have even more, quite legal, fun!

Pinside moderators and pinside user using my Avatar as their own.

I am copyright owner of that alien image. In 1997 I commission that image created. Outside of his use of the image, I am the sole owner of its use.

If you are using it (or any part of it) as your avatar, you hereby informed that you are to stop immediately.

Pinside moderators, I would politely request that you enforce this request.

My announcement of my images illegal use was your C and D, as it was to everyone on this forum's. Step 2 is being sued.
I admire your strength of will... you're really really brave a tribute to forums everywhere. Send me your name and address via PM and I will get the legal ball rolling.

Click here to his his posts in the thread, very entertaining IMO: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate?tu=wantdataeast#postbox

Rule #1: Anybody who says they're gonna sue someone is blowing smoke.
Rule #2: You can sue anybody for anything, however if he really tried to sue someone for this he would get laughed at even more!

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer

#204 12 months ago

wantdataeast can I please have a postcard too? PM incoming

#229 12 months ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Yes, I know what you were expecting. Everything about the post card from "wantEDdataeast", to it being hand penned and the Uranus stamp was intentional. You see I had no idea if you had actually given me your address or the address of your local McDonalds. I assumed (correctly) that you would find posting the postcard as is irresistible, which of course you did. This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.
When you commission one of the world’s most renown fantasy artist you need to be prepared to protect your investment; I feel forced to protect the image in this situation for several reasons. You have seemed to have pressed this unnecessarily from the beginning by.. using the image AFTER I had said on the forum it had a copyright on it, not stopping its use when I told you to stop (that was your C&D) and the even the contents of your pinside messages .
I have given permission with compensation of the Survivor image on several occasions. Approved second rights to the use of the image are reasonable but not inexpensive.
This has become a very unfortunate unnecessary situation of your own making.

The only thing unfortunate here is how you're handling this. On a positive note you are providing a lot of entertainment for us so keep it up!

Oh and please provide your lawyer's contact info who agreed that this is a valid case to take on

#350 12 months ago

I KNEW IT. This whole thing was designed as a scheme to sell survivor prints. Well done sir.

#389 12 months ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

I think each would need as unique as possible. And signed "Immaculately yours, Wantdataeast"

IMAMACULATELY

#492 11 months ago

Clearly this game has no legs. If anybody tries to convince you otherwise, including the current owner, be wary.

1 week later
#568 11 months ago
Quoted from SirScott:

From the Certificate of Authenticity--is the Roswell crash site really *undisputed*?

That depends... do you dispute it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Marshville, NC
$ 399.95
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside