3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

Just watched the tv show “Hoff the Record” and was tearing up in remembrance of the imamaculate thread.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Alien image?
And all this time I thought that was his high school senior year picture.

And I just though he drew a face on the head of a pecker.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I believe those images on the T shirts are copyright protected... Proceed with caution...

That shirt is a Parody... so no issues of copyright infringement

From Wikipedia

Producers or creators of parodies of a copyrighted work have been sued for infringement by the targets of their ridicule, even though such use may be protected as fair use. These fair use cases distinguish between parodies, which use a work in order to poke fun at or comment on the work itself and satire, or comment on something else. Courts have been more willing to grant fair use protections to parodies than to satires, but the ultimate outcome in either circumstance will turn on the application of the four fair use factors.

For example, when Tom Forsythe appropriated Barbie dolls for his photography project "Food Chain Barbie" (depicting several copies of the doll naked and disheveled and about to be baked in an oven, blended in a food mixer, and the like), Mattel lost its copyright infringement lawsuit against him because his work effectively parodies Barbie and the values she represents.[43] In Rogers v. Koons, Jeff Koons tried to justify his appropriation of Art Rogers' photograph "Puppies" in his sculpture "String of Puppies" with the same parody defense. Koons lost because his work was not presented as a parody of Rogers' photograph in particular, but as a satire of society at large. This was insufficient to render the use fair.[44]

In Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music Inc[11] the U.S. Supreme Court recognized parody as a potential fair use, even when done for profit. Roy Orbison's publisher, Acuff-Rose Music, had sued 2 Live Crew in 1989 for their use of Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" in a mocking rap version with altered lyrics. The Supreme Court viewed 2 Live Crew's version as a ridiculing commentary on the earlier work, and ruled that when the parody was itself the product rather than mere advertising, commercial nature did not bar the defense. The Campbell court also distinguished parodies from satire, which they described as a broader social critique not intrinsically tied to ridicule of a specific work and so not deserving of the same use exceptions as parody because the satirist's ideas are capable of expression without the use of the other particular work.

A number of appellate decisions have recognized that a parody may be a protected fair use, including the Second (Leibovitz v. Paramount Pictures Corp.); the Ninth (Mattel v. Walking Mountain Productions); and the Eleventh Circuits (Suntrust Bank v. Houghton Mifflin Co.). In the 2001 Suntrust Bank case, Suntrust Bank and the Margaret Mitchell estate unsuccessfully brought suit to halt the publication of The Wind Done Gone, which reused many of the characters and situations from Gone with the Wind but told the events from the point of view of the enslaved people rather than the slaveholders. The Eleventh Circuit, applying Campbell, found that The Wind Done Gone was fair use and vacated the district court's injunction against its publication.

Cases in which a satirical use was found to be fair include Blanch v. Koons and Williams v. Columbia Broadcasting Systems.[12]

#234 5 years ago

wantdataeast What is your beef with Kosmo?

He has used your image the least.... have you considered subpoenaing Pinside for a list of all the names and address of everyone that has copied your image? This might be your big ticket.... Imagine, if you could get $0.50 for every time your image was used on this thread, you could pay your way through highschool!

But thanks anyways for chiming in and giving everyone new material.... this thread should reach 1000 posts by the weekend

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.

So knowing full well (according to you), that Kosmo was going to post your little postcard online, you decided that you would make numerous spelling and grammar mistakes, with lots of unnecessary capitalization's and in the hand writing of an 11 year old?

If that was the case... why wouldn't you have sent something ultra humorous to make people think you're actually a fun guy with a good sense of humor rather than the child you are portraying yourself as?

#361 5 years ago

Has someone hacked wantdataeast pinside account?

These are limited edition prints that he normally sells for hundreds of dollars, and he'd be willing to give them away for free?

If I still had my x-files pinball, I would probably buy one... but otherwise not my theme.

.... I also had no idea that Elmore did all the D&D art.... bravo... I wasted countless days playing that as a teen in the late 80s

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i think asking for $3299 for this machine is still insane even if its for charity.
i guess the kiddos can play it without needing a stool w/o the legs on tho

From the sounds of it, the kids do not get the pinball....

1) Kickstarter campaign which allows people to purchase the postcards/lithographs
2) The only way the campaign goes through is if he sells roughly 100 of the lithographs, otherwise nobody pays anything and nobody gets anything
3) If the campaign is fully funded (gets to $3299 in purchases of his postcards and lithographs) he will then post the pinball machine as a purchase option on kickstarter, where if you donate $3299 to the project, you will get the machine
4) all funds (assuming everything gets funded) goes to project pinball, and the person who donated the $3299 to buy the pinball, keeps the pinball.
5) Wantdataeast is supplying and then required to ship all the items.

In theory it sounds good, but I find it hard to believe that the project will ever be funded. And if it does..

1) If Wantdataeast does not ship the items, the only recourse is through a lawsuit (ie you will never get your money back through kickstarter as they do not guarantee the items)
2) If someone else sets up the Kickstarter campaign (which wantdataeast is trying to do), they are the ones who will be on the hook if he decides not to deliver.

#526 5 years ago

For anyone who hasn't followed the entire thread for the last few months, and are maybe wondering what this is all about.... this video was posted in the original thread, and sums it up.... Watched it again today and about died laughing.

Credit goes to RAI for making this... I'm just re-posting due to the pure gold.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1002452/Immaculate-Baywatch-pin-

8 months later
#656 5 years ago

those were the days.... I keep coming back to pinside hoping for a similar thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread?tu=scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.