3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif
There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

How do we know you aren't just trying to harvest real addresses for future litigation? You are crafty...

I think he's got a point

IMG_3967 (resized).PNGIMG_3967 (resized).PNG
#352 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I KNEW IT. This whole thing was designed as a scheme to sell survivor prints. Well done sir.

Survivor prints, tote bags...mass hysteria!

#353 5 years ago

Well folks, it looks like we may be coming to the hug it out portion of this saga. Hurrah!

#354 5 years ago

Thanks and Welcome Back.

Since I am posting, I will mention that I on occasion buy/sell a lawn tractor or two on the side. I find something that needs a little fixing up or sometimes just at a good price and chase after it just like some people do pinball machines. It can be tempting to get home and post it right away thinking of potential profits. . . but then I remember seeing the ads I was not interested/passed by due to how the equipment was presented. Some red flags are the machine/attachments still strapped to the trailer -- that tells me the seller just bought it and is doing the same thing I'm doing. Im not interested in helping the competition . Sometimes the pictures show the machine all wet with suds on the driveway and a power washer in the background. Usually that suggests the guy didn't take care of his stuff and is trying to make up for lost time. Also, one of my favorites is when a machine has fresh looking paint on it. . . and so does the ground all around it. Probably something hiding under that new paint so I keep looking/move on.

I guess my point is those things are turnoffs to me because I am familiar with the equipment and I have some standards when it comes to buying. Sometimes people can get away with those things on craigslist because you have Joe everybody looking and he/she may not be as well versed in what to look for. I think it is fair to say that most Pinsiders have standards and this forum is specific to pinball machines -- we already know they are not afraid to call out something that is substandard and to be fair that should be expected to some extent.

I know some do not like it, but I have no problem with people buying low and selling high -- this is America after all and the freedom to do so is part of what makes the dream possible. Reputation can make or break businesses though, whether they be main stream or a side hustle.

Love the idea of the signed "Survivor" art. If you had one of trucks, tractors, or National Park landscapes I'd be all over it. . . but as mentioned earlier Aliens are not my thing. For what its worth I may just send you the $35 for the cause.

#355 5 years ago

wantdataeast replied to my PM about a possibly getting a postcard!! In classic wantdataeast style, he leaves me hanging in suspense on whether he's going to send it. LOL

This cat has a pretty good sense of humour too.

PS - you should relist the baywatch add and sell both alien lithographs + a pin. Has anyone done that in a for sale thread before ?

#356 5 years ago

I remember a Pinsider trying to sell some cowboy boots once. . .

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I remember a Pinsider trying to sell some cowboy boots once. . .

But he wasn't also selling a pin in the same thread. This would be a two-fer!

#358 5 years ago
th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg
#359 5 years ago

Raise your hand if you remember this Elmore D&D art that was in every comic book in the 80s.

Basic (resized).jpgBasic (resized).jpg
#360 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I KNEW IT. This whole thing was designed as a scheme to sell survivor prints. Well done sir.

This guy is a serious genius who knew all of this was going to happen! It was just a long con to sell artwork and the Baywatch was just a front

#361 5 years ago

Has someone hacked wantdataeast pinside account?

These are limited edition prints that he normally sells for hundreds of dollars, and he'd be willing to give them away for free?

If I still had my x-files pinball, I would probably buy one... but otherwise not my theme.

.... I also had no idea that Elmore did all the D&D art.... bravo... I wasted countless days playing that as a teen in the late 80s

#362 5 years ago
2eaebo (resized).jpg2eaebo (resized).jpg
#363 5 years ago

I’m in for a print if it’s legit

#364 5 years ago

With this thread and the tote gate thread coming to a close, what am I going to do all day at work tomorrow? All joking a side, I am glad things are working out for everyone!

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

I am glad to hear several people like the Survivor image.
I have an offer. I will give a signed and numbered Survivor lithograph to anyone who makes a $35 donation to the Project Pinball folks, shipping would be $5 domestically...so $40 (I would like only to be reimbursed for the shipping costs). The Lithographs are signed by the one and only Larry Elmore. Limited Edition of 1,947. 35" x 23" inches in size.
I have not talked to the Project Pinball people, I am sure someone here knows them and can help arrange this?
A lot folks with spare time to make some incredible gifs... anyone have time to try to make this happen?

I just met with Daniel from Project Pinball. We had a dedication here in St. Paul, MN on Monday at our Children's Hospital. We talked about several different fundraising opportunities, so I'm sure he would be up for it. I can reach out to him.

UPDATE: I did reach out to Daniel and he said he would appreciate the gesture. I sent a PM to wantdataeast about where people can send their donation and how they can label it so it is easily traceable as coming from this lithograph offer. I'll let him post the details on that.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#366 5 years ago

How many are there avail , I’d take that offer and cover the shipping to Canada.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Raise your hand if you remember this Elmore D&D art that was in every comic book in the 80s.

I was more of a Clyde Caldwell fan myself.
B2A382E5-C2AC-496D-8D30-63D6E2EEB4C3 (resized).jpegB2A382E5-C2AC-496D-8D30-63D6E2EEB4C3 (resized).jpeg

5E2E872A-F0C2-42C3-80F0-842460FB0867 (resized).jpeg5E2E872A-F0C2-42C3-80F0-842460FB0867 (resized).jpeg
#368 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I was more of a Clyde Caldwell fan myself.

Dude! OG Dragon Lance?!?!

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just met with Daniel from Project Pinball. We had a dedication here in St. Paul, MN on Monday at our Children's Hospital. We talked about several different fundraising opportunities, so I'm sure he would be up for it. I can reach out to him.
UPDATE: I did reach out to Daniel and he said he would appreciate the gesture. I sent a PM to wantdataeast about where people can send their donation and how they can label it so it is easily traceable as coming from this lithograph offer. I'll let him post the details on that.

Well, I sent $35 to them last night before anything has been setup. Should be a tip-off that it’s for the print since I’m assuming not many would send such a random amount (typically $25,50,100, etc).

PM’ed wantdataeast to let him know I’d forward my PayPal email receipt for proof. Haven’t heard back, but only been about 12 hrs so I’ll be patient. Just need to know where to send my $5 for postage.

#370 5 years ago
gotamatch2.gifgotamatch2.gif
#371 5 years ago

Better proposal…I will challenge Pinside to the following:

A Kickstarter project to place a Project Pinball machine at the Shriners Children's Hospital in Lexington KY.

The Kickstarter would have a goal of $3299.

donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
$15 gets a postcard with Roswell soil attached
$35 gets a Signed & Numbered Lithograph
…etc
Maybe someone can donate some custom translites or something of that nature.

AND IF the $3299 goal it met… at that point I will do stretch goal of putting the now infamous Baywatch machine up at my original asking price of $3299.

And give ALL proceeds to Project Pinball. So basically donating the Baywatch machine (and my entire investment in it), all Lithographs and postcards to the Project Pinball charity.

I can NOT set this up. Someone would need to coordinate with the Project Pinball folks to make it happen. And if the $3299 is not met... no stretch goal Baywatch machine. (Of course any funds raised via any Kickstarter would be Project Pinballs.)

If it can not be set up I will still do the donations of the Lithographs.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, I sent $35 to them last night before anything has been setup. Should be a tip-off that it’s for the print since I’m assuming not many would send such a random amount (typically $25,50,100, etc).
PM’ed wantdataeast to let him know I’d forward my PayPal email receipt for proof. Haven’t heard back, but only been about 12 hrs so I’ll be patient. Just need to know where to send my $5 for postage.

Awesome. I will check the PM.

#373 5 years ago

A Kickstarter project to place a Project Pinball machine at the Shriners Children's Hospital in Lexington KY...

Wait a minute... can't start changing the deal after I already agreed and held up my end. BTW, your first deal was not worded as a "proposal" so I assumed it was valid.

Awesome. I will check the PM.

Whew... your next post acknowledges that you seem to be willing to continue with our original deal... great!! I'll be on the lookout for the PM with your address or email or whatever I need to get you the money for postage.

But not to be lost in the noise, is the fact that you seem to be stepping up quite generously (much more than anyone would have expected I think) with not only donations of lithographs and postcards, but also a donation of a Baywatch pin to a good cause. My hat goes off to you and your generosity!! I would be happy to donate again to the kickstarter cause if it seems to have legs (ok, couldn't resist).

#374 5 years ago

A Kickstarter project to place a Project Pinball machine at the Shriners Children's Hospital in Lexington KY.
donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
…etc
AND IF the $3299 goal it met… at that point I will do stretch goal of putting the now infamous Baywatch machine up at my original asking price of $3299.
And give ALL proceeds to Project Pinball. So basically donating the Baywatch machine (and my entire investment in it), all Lithographs and postcards to the Project Pinball charity.
I can NOT set this up. Someone would need to coordinate with the Project Pinball folks to make it happen. And if the $3299 is not met... no stretch goal Baywatch machine. (Of course any funds raised via any Kickstarter would be Project Pinballs.)

Dude - you are the coolest. You created a cultural phenomenon in our community, you're raising money for charity - you are a class act.

#375 5 years ago

give that guy a tote

#376 5 years ago

donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
…etc

Can the post card be written as a C&D and contain threatening legal vernacular?

#377 5 years ago

donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
…etc

Very nice gesture, you're an OK guy after all.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

give that guy a tote

PinballSTAR - no way this thread will end up in the pinside basement. Give wantdataeast a tote!

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

pinballstar - no way this thread will end up in the pinside basement. Give wantdataeast a tote!

so, he isnt going to send his real C&D to you? the plot thickens.

#380 5 years ago

$10 gets a postcard
…etc

How much would the license for Roswell Survivor run say somebody wanted to use it as a pinball theme?

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How much would the license for Roswell Survivor run say somebody wanted to use it as a pinball theme?

$277

#382 5 years ago

Elmore is a great fantasy artist. Got this signed print hanging in my home office. Cover art from one of my favorite childhood books. I never played D&D, but I loved fantasy & sci fi books. 20180719_121644 (resized).jpg20180719_121644 (resized).jpg

#383 5 years ago

Edit. Double post.

#384 5 years ago

donation of:
$10 gets a postcard
…etc

Very cool!!! I’d like to help out! I’d love a post card

#385 5 years ago

Amazing. Just when you think most every pinball person is a douche......
Good show, @wantdataeast. Very classy indeed.....

#386 5 years ago

Two words from an underrated Data East pinball describes wantdataeast

1299728544670 (resized).png1299728544670 (resized).png
#387 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can the post card be written as a C&D and contain threatening legal vernacular?

I think each would need as unique as possible. And signed "Immaculately yours, Wantdataeast"

#388 5 years ago

I think each would need as unique as possible. And signed "Immaculately yours, Wantdataeast"

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If you're going to spell imamaculate wrong....make sure you spell it wrong correctly!

#389 5 years ago

IMAMACULATELY

#390 5 years ago

Ugh. Everything is all lovey dovey here now. Reminds me of this time in junior high when these two dudes were getting ready to fight on one another after school. They decided to go across the street to the reservoir and this huge group followed them. It was going to be amazing. Two guys who genuinely hated one another, ready to beat the living daylights out of each other. And no adults to stop it!

So they're standing there, trading insults and getting all bent out of shape. And what happened? They talked/hugged it out. No punches, no violence and most importantly, no BLOOD!

Weak.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ugh. Everything is all lovey dovey here now.

hooper2.gifhooper2.gif

#392 5 years ago

I'm all for charity, so I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but I've never seen the I over priced my machine so badly that I'm donating it to charity along with a bunch of artwork that I had commissioned gambit before. This is fascinating!

#393 5 years ago

Oh I forgot, the only way this can end is with Project Pinball taking a picture of all of the money donated on the glass!

#394 5 years ago

wantdataeast

As most have alluded to in the last 24 hours, you have certainly changed the conversation 180 degrees. It's beyond generous that you're offering up your infamous Baywatch pin for your local Shiner's hospital if we can raise $3,299. I'd shake your hand and pat you on the back if I could, but my words and eventual donation will have to do for now.

Below might not be the last meme I make in jest, but I really hope we step it as a pinball community to bring smiles on kid's faces in Lexington.

alienpp.PNGalienpp.PNG
#395 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I'm all for charity, so I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but I've never seen the I over priced my machine so badly that I'm donating it to charity along with a bunch of artwork that I had commissioned gambit before. This is fascinating!

I’m thinking there’s a setup here, or maybe he just took his meds today.

#396 5 years ago

With the recent change in events, I have officially updated my avatar.

dataeast.PNGdataeast.PNG

#397 5 years ago

I am sorry all... I have time to check posts on this site... maybe once / twice a day.

Sounds like we have an offer for some Tote bags to be donated BTW.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh I forgot, the only way this can end is with Project Pinball taking a picture of all of the money donated on the glass!

Clearly. At least in check form.

#399 5 years ago

Look all, I have done nothing here BUT I am will to do all I said. But I can NOT set anything up with a Kickstarter. I do not have time. I think a Kickstarter is the only way it would work because it would be way too much labor to do this and that via PM. But I can work with those who have the time to set whatever up. I would just need 100% conformation that the Project Pinball folks are directly set up to get any / all funds.

#400 5 years ago

wantdataeast

cheersforbeers.gifcheersforbeers.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread/page/8?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.