3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif
There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 5 years ago

If he commissioned the work, the rights stay with the artist - absent a written agreement otherwise. Nonetheless, those reproduction rights concern commercial use. A completed item search on eBay suggests that he has sold exactly one of those lithographs, for $29.99. Anything and everything I see here is parody, is obviously not being used for commercial use, and isn't violating any protections. That postcard says the copyright belongs to a Voyager Promotions, which I can't find a hit on through Google - with or without Elmore connected. Might be the postcard manufacturer, who has a right to the image for that use.

#202 5 years ago

Too bad Want(ed)DataEast hasn't come back to the forums to back up his claims of copyright abuse. It's almost as if he's... chicken...

Chicken (resized).jpgChicken (resized).jpg

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just PM'd him and ask if I could get a postcard as well. Gave him my address

just did the same, fingers crossed! A free tote bag and a postcard all in one week.

#204 5 years ago

wantdataeast can I please have a postcard too? PM incoming

#205 5 years ago

I think you need to change your avatar to the alien head to be eligible for a postcard...

#206 5 years ago

You got this cosmo!

loop.gifloop.gif
#207 5 years ago

I asked him to personalize my postcard "to Puff Danny the most imamaculate pinsider ever"

#208 5 years ago

Its too bad that the alien survivor in the crash painting still has his legs attached.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think you need to change your avatar to the alien head to be eligible for a postcard...

This should do it...

huemana.jpghuemana.jpg

output_7x3yVd.gifoutput_7x3yVd.gif
#210 5 years ago

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving!

#211 5 years ago

Eating-E.T.-Mock-Alien-BBQ-image-1-630x420 (resized).jpgEating-E.T.-Mock-Alien-BBQ-image-1-630x420 (resized).jpg
#212 5 years ago

For the crossover......

dude (resized).jpgdude (resized).jpg
#213 5 years ago

Has anyone else been contacted by this lawyer???

F1665110-8967-405E-9059-236596EE241F (resized).jpegF1665110-8967-405E-9059-236596EE241F (resized).jpeg

#214 5 years ago

Nice job, @coz. You took my shitty "The Hammer" ad from the other thread and made it something special. Well done!

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You got this cosmo!

Very funny....now turn off spell check and redo it

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Very funny....now turn off spell check and redo it

Hahahahhaa now THAT'S funny

#217 5 years ago
#218 5 years ago

Damn Civ...kid karate class Kramer is KILLIN me hahahahaja

#219 5 years ago

The dataeast abides.

IMG_3945 (resized).PNGIMG_3945 (resized).PNG
#220 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

cosmokramer pinballstar

LMAO - I have no idea what it all means with the Alien - do I need to read the Baywatch thread ? I love posts that go totally off the rails and sideways like Tote-Bag Gate

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LMAO - I have no idea what it all means with the Alien - do I need to read the Baywatch thread ? I love posts that go totally off the rails and sideways like Tote-Bag Gate

long story short

the alien head is his avatar and we've been using it to mock him as he said we cannot do such things under his copyright and he has threatened to sue with crayon written postcard warnings

i "created" the sunglasses wearing version that you may have seen in some great memes to circumvent the comically frivolous legal threats

#222 5 years ago

I'd frame that post card for the basement arcade. Its officially part of Pinside History.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I'd frame that post card for the basement arcade. Its officially part of Pinside History.

Is it Apron of Destiny level?

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not reading all 2,101 posts on the Baywatch thread. Definitely thread of the year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Joe, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not reading all 2,101 posts on the Baywatch thread. Definitely thread of the year.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

I spent half a Saturday getting caught up on it! The down side is I lost half my Saturday, the plus side I laughed my ass off! All in all... well worth it!

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was expecting a basic C and D letter on some attorney stationary...instead I get this...Im not sure what to say

Yes, I know what you were expecting. Everything about the post card from "wantEDdataeast", to it being hand penned and the Uranus stamp was intentional. You see I had no idea if you had actually given me your address or the address of your local McDonalds. I assumed (correctly) that you would find posting the postcard as is irresistible, which of course you did. This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.

When you commission one of the world’s most renown fantasy artist you need to be prepared to protect your investment; I feel forced to protect the image in this situation for several reasons. You have seemed to have pressed this unnecessarily from the beginning by.. using the image AFTER I had said on the forum it had a copyright on it, not stopping its use when I told you to stop (that was your C&D) and the even the contents of your pinside messages .

I have given permission with compensation of the Survivor image on several occasions. Approved second rights to the use of the image are reasonable but not inexpensive.

This has become a very unfortunate unnecessary situation of your own making.

#227 5 years ago
output_O1L8sj.gifoutput_O1L8sj.gif
#228 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Yes, I know what you were expecting. Everything about the post card from "wantEDdataeast", to it being hand penned and the Uranus stamp was intentional. You see I had no idea if you had actually given me your address or the address of your local McDonalds. I assumed (correctly) that you would find posting the postcard as is irresistible, which of course you did. This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.
When you commission one of the world’s most renown fantasy artist you need to be prepared to protect your investment; I feel forced to protect the image in this situation for several reasons. You have seemed to have pressed this unnecessarily from the beginning by.. using the image AFTER I had said on the forum it had a copyright on it, not stopping its use when I told you to stop (that was your C&D) and the even the contents of your pinside messages which I view as you taunting me.
I have given permission with compensation of the Survivor image on several occasions. Approved second rights to the use of the image are reasonable but not inexpensive.

Can you send me one too? I PM'd you

Oh....and GLWTS!

#229 5 years ago

When you commission one of the world’s most renown fantasy artist you need to be prepared to protect your investment; I feel forced to protect the image in this situation for several reasons. You have seemed to have pressed this unnecessarily from the beginning by.. using the image AFTER I had said on the forum it had a copyright on it, not stopping its use when I told you to stop (that was your C&D) and the even the contents of your pinside messages .

The only thing unfortunate here is how you're handling this. On a positive note you are providing a lot of entertainment for us so keep it up!

Oh and please provide your lawyer's contact info who agreed that this is a valid case to take on

#230 5 years ago

I am SOOOO thrilled at the recent turn of events!

#231 5 years ago

Yowza!!!!! Things have definitely gotten interesting.

#232 5 years ago

I think most of us would agree Data East are shit just like a certain pinsider.

#233 5 years ago

I’m an attorney. I would love to hear your attorney’s side of this thing. Can you share his info?

#234 5 years ago

wantdataeast What is your beef with Kosmo?

He has used your image the least.... have you considered subpoenaing Pinside for a list of all the names and address of everyone that has copied your image? This might be your big ticket.... Imagine, if you could get $0.50 for every time your image was used on this thread, you could pay your way through highschool!

But thanks anyways for chiming in and giving everyone new material.... this thread should reach 1000 posts by the weekend

#235 5 years ago

Now that WDE is back, he can hopefully stick around this time to help get this thread on track to surpass 2100! 2100 or BUST!

#236 5 years ago

You see I had no idea if you had actually given me your address or the address of your local McDonalds.

There is this really cool site called "Google Maps" that you might be interested in visiting. It is the BOMB!

#237 5 years ago

jackie-chiles-the-caddy-seinfeld-3 (resized).jpgjackie-chiles-the-caddy-seinfeld-3 (resized).jpg

#238 5 years ago

You think Jackie Chiles is scared?
Your face is (literally) his case.
2e5x.gif2e5x.gif

#240 5 years ago

This was only about confirming your address, which you have done. It is hard to proceed forth in any type of legal manner without a known good address. So basically you made this process a lot easier.

So knowing full well (according to you), that Kosmo was going to post your little postcard online, you decided that you would make numerous spelling and grammar mistakes, with lots of unnecessary capitalization's and in the hand writing of an 11 year old?

If that was the case... why wouldn't you have sent something ultra humorous to make people think you're actually a fun guy with a good sense of humor rather than the child you are portraying yourself as?

#241 5 years ago

This just keeps getting better!!!

#242 5 years ago

Hey buddy, good to hear from you again..
Couple of things...
1. You have not produced any proof of what you are claiming, dont you have some sort of proof of ownership...a certificate? A registration #? I can claim rights to a picture also, but do you have proof? Anything?
2. I have not used your shitty image since well before you sent me and "C and D" therefore there is no case
3. What are the damages? No damages there is no case...
4. There is no case
5. No case

#243 5 years ago

Can you give me an idea of what it would cost me to change my avatar to the alien head, so I can, you know, use it "legally?"

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Couple of things...
1. You have not produced any proof of what you are claiming, dont you have some sort of proof of ownership...a certificate? A registration #? Anything?
2. I have not used your shitty image since well before you sent me and "C and D" therefore there is no case
4. There is no case
5. No case

Could you set that to a beat or tune? Points 4 & 5 sound like the chorus or refrain to a song.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Couple of things...
1. You have not produced any proof of what you are claiming, dont you have some sort of proof of ownership...a certificate? A registration #? Anything?
4. There is no case
5. No case

But unfortunately, you are now going to have to answer to Sony lawyers for the "illegal" use of your Cosmo avatar. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, buddy. Keep an eye out for your (new) postcard.

#246 5 years ago

I wonder if my current avatar is also copyright protected...i dont need trouble on two legal fronts...
Edit:beat me by 13 seconds

#247 5 years ago

Gold Jerry, pure gold.
10000 posts by christmas.

#248 5 years ago

Putting out the fire with gasoline

#249 5 years ago
popcorn (resized).jpgpopcorn (resized).jpg
#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think most of us would agree Data East are shit just like a certain pinsider.

Hey man just because one data east Is shit doesn't mean the rest are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread/page/5?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.