3387CAD7-AF74-4E05-8058-8B37D6112F56 (resized).jpeg
EFF002E7-FD8F-44CF-8AFF-7755D5B7F8A8 (resized).jpeg
DD314871-17D1-4893-8EAC-A24DEE17772D (resized).jpeg
7F948540-FEB4-4C4B-B930-0F92EDFCFA0C (resized).jpeg
Tote gate (resized).jpg
IMG_5026.JPG
7F9F8018-412F-414C-914A-214EA4222739 (resized).jpeg
itsbackbw.gif
There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Dude, serious. Keep your Arnie and totebag shit in the other thread.

You show 7 machines in your collection. Or are you one of *those* people....

Only two of my games work right now.

#452 5 years ago

2 cents for verification of what? Man, don’t take this the wrong way, but you are annoying as shit.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

2 cents for verification of what? Man, don’t take this the wrong way, but you are annoying as shit.

To prove it's you! I'm sure $100 even is a very common donation amount.

I do not take that the wrong way.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Only two of my games work right now.

So what's this issue? You worried about someone rage tilting those at a show?

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

So what's this issue? You worried about someone rage tilting those at a show?

If something major was to break - I don't know to fix it.

Also - Demolition Man is too heavy to move. And, Jokerz only turns on when I go into the settings.

Once I get my EM working, I might bring that to Pintastic next year.

#456 5 years ago

..., Jokerz only turns on when I go into the settings. ...

Does it say Adjustment Failure or anything? Assuming you have you replaced the batteries did you checked for damage from battery leakage?

Sorry, wrong thread for repair advice.

#457 5 years ago

if we've learned anything from wantdataeast, fixing up your newly acquired machine is a great bonding experience

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Does it say Adjustment Failure or anything? Assuming you have you replaced the batteries did you checked for damage from battery leakage?
Sorry, wrong thread for repair advice.

Dave - it does! I did replace the batteries, and did check for corrosion - didn't see any. I'll give it another once over, thanks buddy. (:

#459 5 years ago

You're losing all of the settings in the RAM. Usually it means the power from the battery holder to the RAM but could be the RAM itself.

Now lets get back to making ourselves look bad to the rest of the world!

#460 5 years ago

Can we get back to funny memes, please? This pinball repair discussion is totally inappropriate for the thread.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Can we get back to funny memes, please? This pinball repair discussion is totally inappropriate for the thread.

Sorry, I'd offer to shake your hand while apologizing but I don't take rejection well.

I would love to make memes and Gif the crap out of this thread but using MS-Paint looks like crap compared to some of the classic stuff we saw from ImNotNorm

But I did send my artwork plan to a few of the crew for getting some totes printed.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Agreed... never thought I’d say this about this thread or the previous Baywatch for sale thread... but this is getting way too serious!!

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But I did send my artwork plan to a few of the crew for getting some totes printed.

Ooooooooooo! Do tell.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I feel bad for anyone who is buying those alien shirts. You know how annoying that's going to be when you're out in public and you have to explain what it means to every...single...person who asks? Kinda like when you go to a Halloween party and you have to explain what your costume is.
And if you plan on buying it just to wear it at home, then that's an even greater waste of money.

That made me laugh. Good thing I don't care what strangers think of my "fashion sense."

#465 5 years ago
86C2ADB2-EC8D-4AD2-8DE1-42E7A8FD36D9 (resized).jpeg86C2ADB2-EC8D-4AD2-8DE1-42E7A8FD36D9 (resized).jpeg
#466 5 years ago

Wearing his clothing backwards like Kris Kross, lol

#467 5 years ago

That alien will be at my next pinball expo in some form.

#468 5 years ago

Okay, so apparently there is a chatbot web site - demo.visualdialog.org - where you can upload a photo, the bot tries to guess what's in it, and then you can ask it questions about the picture and it tries to answer them.

I couldn't resist uploading a photo of our new favorite pinball machine. The results were...... interesting. Apparently, the bot believes that the imamaculate Baywatch is "a sign that says UNK UNK UNK on the side of it."

Screenshot from 2018-07-21 18-33-21 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2018-07-21 18-33-21 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2018-07-21 18-33-34 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2018-07-21 18-33-34 (resized).png
#469 5 years ago

So it doesn't look like the Project Pinball/litograph/postcard crowdfunding thing is going to happen. To be honest, I'm not really surprised. But I am a little disappointed. I was hoping Mr WantDataEast turned over a new leaf, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

With that said, someone suggested to me an idea to raise a few bucks for Project Pinball and am wondering what you guys think. I accidentally ordered an extra parody baywatch/wantdataeast long sleeve shirt. (Size is XL)

I'm thinking of raffling off the extra shirt. Those who are interested can send Project Pinball a minimum donation of 5$. Once you sent the donation, please confirm with a PayPal receipt so it's verified that you actually donated. (Is this the best way to ensure donations were made?)

I'm thinking of setting the deadline for September 20th and then use a random number generator to choose the winner of the raffle. The shirt cost 75$ Canadian and I will ship to the raffle winner for free (as long as they live in continental US or Canada)

Below is a picture of said shirt (the white outline won't be on the shirt...thats just from the design page)

I have not received the shirts so don't go donating just yet. Once they arrive in the mail I will make the raffle official. I'm just throwing the idea out there first to see if it'll get traction and if there are any suggestions. Thanks!

M5nwYNW.pngM5nwYNW.pngMKqCZbT.pngMKqCZbT.png
#470 5 years ago

Someone please start a ‘go fund me’ to buy this legendary immaculate machine. Would be a hit at shows! Seriously

#471 5 years ago

Buy one now, these shirts are the next big thing!!

95003751-5FE6-4F00-9E04-A583F92A77D5 (resized).jpeg95003751-5FE6-4F00-9E04-A583F92A77D5 (resized).jpeg
#472 5 years ago

Update: was contacted by wantdataeast via PM and sent him the $5 for postage. Looking forward to getting (hopefully) the lithograph so I can frame and hang it in my new gameroom.

#473 5 years ago

"Imamaculate".

Seriously I LOL'ed all the way through these "600 Play" threads. I had to wipe away the tears. These are the best threads I've ever read.

Hilarious (resized).jpgHilarious (resized).jpg
#474 5 years ago

It was funny the first 20 or so times, then it got a little played out.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It was funny the first 20 or so times, then it got a little played out.

Then it kicks into gear and gets funny again.

There was a South Park episode where Cartman had an alien satellite up his butt and they needed Kyle to trigger it with his finger. Every time his hand got close Cartman would give him a toot. It went on until it was not funny anymore. But then it kept going and Chef says "It's funny again". And it was. I think that is what happens here. Especially when a good animated gif or meme comes out. It tosses a fresh can of gas into the dumpster.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Then it kicks into gear and gets funny again.
There was a South Park episode where Cartman had an alien satellite up his butt and they needed Kyle to trigger it with his finger. Every time his hand got close Cartman would give him a toot. It went on until it was not funny anymore. But then it kept going and Chef says "It's funny again". And it was. I think that is what happens here. Especially when a good animated gif or meme comes out. It tosses a fresh can of gas into the dumpster.

I think that without another crayon scribed legal document from Mr Dataeast, this thread will circle the drain and slip into the pages of pinside history...

#477 5 years ago

Not if we keep seeing stuff of this quality-

AlienMonsterTruck.gifAlienMonsterTruck.gif
#478 5 years ago
B30C67D6-091E-48D2-90C9-7739E8BF7271 (resized).jpegB30C67D6-091E-48D2-90C9-7739E8BF7271 (resized).jpegCD64C205-4F82-4C0D-A285-1506AFE0392E (resized).jpegCD64C205-4F82-4C0D-A285-1506AFE0392E (resized).jpeg
#479 5 years ago
thezohan3.gifthezohan3.gif
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

wantdataeast ... still waiting for you to return my PM discussing my original $35 donation to project pinball. Seems about as easy as the few posts you’ve done on here already. Just send me your email address so I can PayPal you the $5 for postage.

Sorry for the delay I sent you the PM

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just met with Daniel from Project Pinball. We had a dedication here in St. Paul, MN on Monday at our Children's Hospital. We talked about several different fundraising opportunities, so I'm sure he would be up for it. I can reach out to him.
UPDATE: I did reach out to Daniel and he said he would appreciate the gesture. I sent a PM to wantdataeast about where people can send their donation and how they can label it so it is easily traceable as coming from this lithograph offer. I'll let him post the details on that.

Sorry for the delay all.... just catching up on posts now

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

From the sounds of it, the kids do not get the pinball....
1) Kickstarter campaign which allows people to purchase the postcards/lithographs
2) The only way the campaign goes through is if he sells roughly 100 of the lithographs, otherwise nobody pays anything and nobody gets anything
3) If the campaign is fully funded (gets to $3299 in purchases of his postcards and lithographs) he will then post the pinball machine as a purchase option on kickstarter, where if you donate $3299 to the project, you will get the machine
4) all funds (assuming everything gets funded) goes to project pinball, and the person who donated the $3299 to buy the pinball, keeps the pinball.
5) Wantdataeast is supplying and then required to ship all the items.
In theory it sounds good, but I find it hard to believe that the project will ever be funded. And if it does..
1) If Wantdataeast does not ship the items, the only recourse is through a lawsuit (ie you will never get your money back through kickstarter as they do not guarantee the items)
2) If someone else sets up the Kickstarter campaign (which wantdataeast is trying to do), they are the ones who will be on the hook if he decides not to deliver.

Yes.
- The side art alone makes a Baywatch inappropriate for a children hospital.
1 - correct
2 - NO. the goal at $3299. If only $500 is raised that is fine. Who cares how much is raised? The more the better, it is a great charity organization. Everyone that donates at what ever level gets what they are promised.
3 - The "funded" part would be more for just throwing the actually pin out there as the stretch goal... at that point some could buy it or not. If someone wanted the pin at $3299 I would not be the one seeing that money from it, in fact i lose my initial investment in the machine (... "lose" is not really an appropriate word my initial investment become essentially donated.)
4 - correct

your follow up 1 & 2
1 - That is not gonna happen.
2 - I am not sure how the typically Kickstarters work but I would prefer to just ship weekly as donations were made. So everyone would see them being shipped. And clearly the bigger concern here would be that some random person, not me nor Project Pinball, would be getting the money. So it would have to be set up so only Project Pinball had access to the funds.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I fully considered this before accepting his offer to donate $35 to Project Pinball in order to receive a lithograph. But I thought it was a small price to pay to see if he was a man of his word... and it goes to a good cause in any case. I’m finding out that he appears not to be a man of his word (or at least a slow responding one at best). Beware of any other promises/proposals he might make.

...again sorry for the slow response, very busy weekend.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

wantdataeast still has his imamaculate Baywatch for sale on craigslist in Lexington...just a heads up...I too am skeptical. What happens to all of his offers here on Pinside if he does end up selling it locally on craigslist? wantdataeast deleting his ad on craigslist sure would make his offers here seem more sincere...maybe it’s just an oversight and he forgot to delete it???

I pretty much did not bother to delete it, but I will not re-up any such ad until I can see if there is any pinside interest on what I have proposed.

I just rejected to what seemed to be a serious request about the Baywatch from a semi-local person with a "Sorry man she is not available any longer". I am not going to make pitch for a charity then immediately sell it, unless of course the concept of a Kickstarter "has no legs". I can not do a Kickstarter on my own... no time. If there is no one to help on this, sadly it's not going to happen. And I will just be donating signed and numbered Survivor Lithographs per any $35 donation to Project Pinball (and a $5 via paypal to me for the shipping cost).

#485 5 years ago

Me sending that message to him isn't about me. It's not about any single one of us. It's about those kids in the hospital who we'd all like to get a pinball machine.
The goal of $3299 is a lot - if I can offer "imamaculate" tote bags or a silly costume and it helps reach the goal, even just a $100, that's my purpose here.

Yes correct. How much and why people raise money for a charity is not the point. It is raising it. I could not care less why someone would donate to a project like this. If there was limited edition of some tote bag, mug, T-shirt or whatever who cares if it moves any charity project forward.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

If someone wanted the pin at $3299 I would not be the one seeing that money from it, in fact i loose my initial investment in the machine (... "loose" is not really an appropriate word my initial investment become essentially donated.

Not to bust you pinballs any more. . . but I know you mean lose and not loose.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Someone please start a ‘go fund me’ to buy this legendary immaculate machine. Would be a hit at shows! Seriously

Agreed. What he said.
PM me and we can contact the Project Pinball folks and make it happen.

Until then $35 donation to Project Pinball and $5 to me for shipping gets you a Signed and Numbered Larry Elmore Survivor Print! ... and I will throw in a FREE Post card with tiny Roswell soil sample.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Not to bust you pinballs any more. . . but I know you mean lose and not loose.

enjoy... friend.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think that without another crayon scribed legal document from Mr Dataeast, this thread will circle the drain and slip into the pages of pinside history...

Quite often passing a collection plate will clear a church revival tent... So I guess we will see.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, nobody wants to see Marge Large and In Charge involved in this thing. Quit insisting that this nonsense is a thing. We get it. You want to be noticed. Mission accomplished. We want wantdataeast stuff without any other noise or pollution.

Amen. Seeing that dude, or any dude, in drag is not a value-add.

#491 5 years ago

OP, I have a simple question:

I realize the legs ARE included with the game but why not picture them too? Don't you think the potential buyer would want to SEE the condition of the legs for this BW in the photos?

#492 5 years ago

Clearly this game has no legs. If anybody tries to convince you otherwise, including the current owner, be wary.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Clearly this game has no legs. If anybody tries to convince you otherwise, including the current owner, be wary.

Don’t worry! It’s legs day at the gym!!!

40A83EE5-5549-4709-997C-5B997F6F0B38 (resized).jpeg40A83EE5-5549-4709-997C-5B997F6F0B38 (resized).jpeg
#494 5 years ago

I'm a little concerned about this "soil sample" you folks are going to receive.

#495 5 years ago

...again sorry for the slow response, very busy weekend.

Thanks for the response and posting here. Looking forward to the lithograph.

Your offer to donate your investment in the Baywatch pin is beyond what anyone would have guessed at the beginning of this thread and the Baywatch for sale ad. Very generous of you for sure.

If I didn’t already have a Baywatch lined up (my brother has one that he’s going to sell me for considerably less), I’d even consider donating to a good cause for the one you have. But only after seeing pics of the legs first.

#496 5 years ago

If every Pinsider who contributed to the "imamaculate" thread (there are 296 of us) donated $11.15 apiece, we would hit the $3,299 goal.

Now I'm only speculating here, but if you can afford a pinball machine, or the ability to pay for dial-up Internet to read Pinside, there is no reason we can't hit this goal with ease.

And hey, who wouldn't want to see wantdataeast not see a penny from his imamaculate Baywatch pin?

The bigger question is, how do we get this fundraiser off the ground?

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Don’t worry! It’s legs day at the gym!!!

PM me your address. You are getting a free Post card for the pic in that post.

#498 5 years ago

PM me your address. You are getting a free Post card for the pic in that post.

you know its not a scam for your address to sue you since you used the sunglasses version of the alien head

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you know its not a scam for your address to sue you since you used the sunglasses version of the alien head

... it was the "leg day" reference and pic... priceless!

#500 5 years ago

Been following since day one. This fellow kentuckian inspired me to make donation for litho and postcard. Good deal all around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 684 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread/page/10?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.