• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hasta la vista.jpg
Star Trek GC Score 003.JPG
deafdumbblindkid.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 9 years ago

I think Id belong to this and the dumb luck pnball thread. I have had this weird mean tease history with pinball. Most often my luck has them fire straight and fast down the sides or bounce all over and thrown there where I can not do a thing but get pissed it happened. Around that I clearly do not score much, even happening on my first pinball machine I own. Yet I get these shining moments where luck doesnt decide to screw me and things go well until I truly blow it.

For instance I can get like 100-300K range on my Gold Ball easily enough on most plays because the game screws me and I never spell Gold Ball to kick off that special ball for big points. Yet I racke up a week ago a 2.5M score and I have hit a couple more just over 2M and a few times 1-1.5M too, but almost all the games go down the toilet and it gets infuriating. Because this went much further than home ownership in the past Id drop a quarter or two and get fed up then mostly play the 80s arcade games instead. This bad luck transfers nicely to Pinball Arcade downloadtables and the 3DS release too.

#86 9 years ago

If there's a sub-club starting for those who get pissed off, smack the metal top on the front, flip it off and curse some crap at the stupid f'ng table I'll join that too.

I guess I should be happy my 1983 table doesn't have ball search and isn't complex enough to have moments that long no points happen.

Yesterday I discovered I had the angle of it screwed up a bit too. I will never understand using the iphone why the compass (leveler) says one thing, then this bubble level/angle/etc download said another a few degrees off. That second one depending if I set it sideways or not (it would recenter) would still say a different number. I got pissed because it was going funny with the ball, then found via google a member here a year ago made a pinball leveler tool for iOS, and now it's set at 5.5 angle and 0.0 left to right. Maybe slightly less to get pissed off at later eh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-suck-but-have-so-much-fun-with-pinball-club?tu=tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.