• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hasta la vista.jpg
Star Trek GC Score 003.JPG
deafdumbblindkid.jpeg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I got thinking about my poor skill level and how much fun I have with pinball. Seems like they would be mutually exclusive truths but they are not at all!

What other hobbies can you be so pathetic in and still have so much friggin' fun?

I know others like me are out there so I thought I would start our own support group, so to speak!

Hope you have fun playing your pins today...regardless of how well you do!

#2 9 years ago

I'm in the same boat you are. As a kid, I would gravitate more toward arcade games when i was younger. I would play pins occasionally but never got really good at them. Since I've been collecting arcade games I've been adding some pins and I love them.....but I suck at them...haha. I still plan to buy more though

#3 9 years ago

I'm no great pinball player or photographer, but enjoy both as hobbies.

#4 9 years ago

Finally, a club for me!

#5 9 years ago

I'm in!

We could share our embarrassing scores here, or maybe not.

deafdumbblindkid.jpegdeafdumbblindkid.jpeg
#6 9 years ago

I am in. My combined best score for AC/DC (120k) and Metallica (74k) is less than 200k, and I have owned them for 20 months and 9 months, respectively.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am in. My combined best score for AC/DC (120k) and Metallica (74k) is less than 200k, and I have owned them for 20 months and 9 months, respectively.

If you are only scoring 200,000 combined on both games, then you have a SERIOUS problem

I think you meant MIL not K

#8 9 years ago

I may not suck, but i am certainly not very good, having been involved with pinball as long as i have been, figure i would have gotten the hang of it now, but i am at that just so close almost got to that special stage.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Yeah, do you mean Million?

I just scored 139M on Met set at 4 balls, and that's GREAT for me!

#10 9 years ago

I'm in, I suck at pinball.
My GC on Star Trek
Star Trek GC Score 003.JPGStar Trek GC Score 003.JPG

#11 9 years ago

Yeah I suck too, I have to many things going on and to many pins so I just can't get good at any of them. But I'll keep trying and having fun doing so.

#12 9 years ago

I prefer to think that I don't suck, I'm just middling.

I can put up some decent but not incredible scores, but only when the moon's gravitational pull affects the ball just right. My pretty horrible games far outweigh my good ones. I'd be happy right not to not be better per se, just more consistent.

In the meantime I'm definitely in the "have so much fun with pinball" part, and that's what counts!

#13 9 years ago

Fun thats what its all about!

#14 9 years ago

"Suck" is relative. I yell out "I suck" at least a dozen times a week while playing. I definitely suck compared to some of the players on here. There are no leagues or games on route by me, but I usually put my name up on popular games a half dozen times or so whenever I go to a show. So not sure how much I suck which motivates me to keep practicing and having fun.

#15 9 years ago

yeah, millions! I feel better about myself already. lol. oops...

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

What other hobbies can you be so pathetic in and still have so much friggin' fun?

Fishing.

#17 9 years ago

Talk about sucking. I can't finish the Wizard Mode on my TOTAN. I've reached it 11 times now and each time the genie summons the skeletons either the slings juggle the balls so it times out (too many skeletons are spawned) or I hit every single possible shot except for the necessary skill shots. On my Pinball Arcade version I can beat it every time, not on my real pin though...
I still have a highscore of 47 million on the real game though, only good thing I can say about my play skill. EATPM is definitely easier to play. TZ and Fish Tales are just recreational, I like them. They're relaxing to play.

#18 9 years ago

Every score posted on here so far is really quite good in my opinion. Maybe you want this to be "I suck compared to the top 50 players in the world"?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

yeah, millions! I feel better about myself already. lol. oops...

Thank god...was about to say my kid @ 3 was doing better than that lol..

#20 9 years ago

I'm average to suck. On my Star Trek Pro, I can get to KM multiball every so often, but I rarely get through any further missions after that and will probably never see Enterprise Amok. My good scores are in the 100 million area. No where near the 1 billion scores that some people post. My absolute best was 330 million, but that was shear luck, not plan. And then I updated my code, and it was gone.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm average to suck. On my Star Trek Pro, I can get to KM multiball every so often, but I rarely get through any further missions after that and will probably never see Enterprise Amok. My good scores are in the 100 million area. No where near the 1 billion scores that some people post. My absolute best was 330 million, but that was shear luck, not plan. And then I updated my code, and it was gone.

330m is higher than anything I've ever heard of or seen on location. I played one of the top 10 players in the world in a tournament a few months ago, and he scored 300m, which *doubled* the grand champion score on the machine...a machine that gets played regularly by the top players in the area.

I'm sorry, but you're *way* above average.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thank god...was about to say my kid @ 3 was doing better than that lol..

I taught my cat how to plunge the ball up top on Metallica and he scores more than 200k

We don't always agree on song selection though. I am more old school and he is more new school...

#23 9 years ago

I've got a question to people with more than 7 machines - why? And how do you even store them...? I couldn't imagine having more than 7 games. I'd get MM, TOM, TAF and sell my Fish Tales (which is currently rented) to get SS. At that point with also my TZ, TOTAN and EATPM I'd seriously contemplate selling EATPM just to make some room.
It just seems like you neglect a few - at least from my perspective. Right now from my 3 games (TZ is coming in on Friday, currently in shipping) I overuse TOTAN so much that I actually rented out my Fish Tales, cause I didn't use it, and completely took my EATPM apart for a COMPLETE restoration.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

330m is higher than anything I've ever heard of or seen on location. I played one of the top 10 players in the world in a tournament a few months ago, and he scored 300m, which *doubled* the grand champion score on the machine...a machine that gets played regularly by the top players in the area.
I'm sorry, but you're *way* above average.

I think you may be thinking of the game on the old code. On the old code, a good game was 75 million for me. The new code has way higher scores. Oh, and I also play with easy outlanes and settings that make extra balls pretty automatic so I often have a 5 ball game. A tournament pin on location will be way harder to play. Really, I'm barely average.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I've got a question to people with more than 7 machines - why? And how do you even store them...?

i got 20 pins set up in my basement
and plans for another 8 set up upstairs, but i will have reached my limit soon (space wise),
so the vast remainder of my collection will be gong to the PPMuseum in Alameda, CA.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I taught my cat how to plunge the ball up top on Metallica and he scores more than 200k
We don't always agree on song selection though. I am more old school and he is more new school...

He told me he wants to hear Death Magnetic NEYOW.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

i got 20 pins set up in my basement
and plans for another 8 set up upstairs, but i will have reached my limit soon (space wise),
so the vast remainder of my collection will be gong to the PPMuseum in Alameda, CA.

From your profile it seems like you have a lot more than 20... Why not buy a Lambo instead?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

He told me he wants to hear Death Magnetic NEYOW.

My cat is actually pretty good. Top 25 on the IFPAW ranking system

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I got thinking about my poor skill level and how much fun I have with pinball. Seems like they would be mutually exclusive truths but they are not at all!
I know others like me are out there so I thought I would start our own support group, so to speak!
Hope you have fun playing your pins today...regardless of how well you do!

I saw this club and just had to join! Really...forced. I can't even drain my balls.

That's how bad I suck.

#30 9 years ago

I'm IN.
I have games that I have owned for YEARS that I don't have the high score on yet.

#31 9 years ago

Yeah, I like this...

#32 9 years ago

I definitely fall into this category. I am the best in my house... and that's it. I generally switch replay rewards to extra balls to even give myself a chance.

#33 9 years ago

Count me in too. I make stupid mistakes all the time, and suck at ball control. I'm ruling my man cave though, although sounds like I should be worried about my cat outplaying me one day...

#34 9 years ago

Fishing is one where the less I do the happier I am. Put on the bottom rigs, drink a little, wait for the bite.

I'm also in this pinball club. After I rebuilt my F-14, I won't admit how long it took me to beat the factory scores....

#35 9 years ago

Man, I should be president of this club!

#36 9 years ago

This is my kind of club! I have that odd game where I do ok but for the most part my game is futile at best, but man is it fun never the less! At least my family and friends never have to wait long to play a game lol.

#37 9 years ago

I've had pins for over two years now and just recently discovered the left flipper.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I've got a question to people with more than 7 machines - why?

How big is your room? Mine is about 500sq ft. More room usually means more pins.

#39 9 years ago

Same here - grew up a video game kid. Didn't start playing pinball until I was over 30. I'm still not very good, but I do love it... The randomness appeals to me.

#40 9 years ago

Love to join this club. My machines love to kick my ass.....

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I've got a question to people with more than 7 machines - why?

I'm gonna have to stop at 10, I'll be out of realistic space then. My question would be "how do you stop at 7?"

#42 9 years ago

Everyone is or has been in this club. There is always a better player around the corner.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Everyone is or has been in this club. There is always a better player around the corner.

In my case that's anyone who can stand upright with opposing thumbs... And the upright is optional.

#44 9 years ago

I am horrible at golf but I love it.

#45 9 years ago

One of my objectives in life is to get my initials on one of my games.
Wally

#46 9 years ago

what exactly are the criteria to be part of this club, low scoring, can't make shots?

#47 9 years ago

I'm in for sure. Love to play but rarely put up high scores haha...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what exactly are the criteria to be part of this club, low scoring, can't make shots?

Mostly just be self-debasing and have fun with pinball, I guess.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

I'm in the same boat you are. As a kid, I would gravitate more toward arcade games when i was younger. I would play pins occasionally but never got really good at them. Since I've been collecting arcade games I've been adding some pins and I love them.....but I suck at them...haha. I still plan to buy more though

Yeah. I hardly ever played pinball because my mother would drop me off at the mall arcade while she did some shopping. She may give me a few bucks and I needed to make it last. As I recall, I played a lot of Tron and Gorf among others. I sucked at Defender but was always amazed at how some folks could rule that game.

Pinball for me was just too brutal and fast. I couldn't name one game that I played as a youngster (now age 47)

#50 9 years ago

Where's labnip at? He posted a score of 156,000 on Tron LE on the "Hi Scores" list. That takes some talent right there.

Of course I need to join this club myself. Still pretty new to pinball and have a long ways to go. Like most people here I can put up a pretty good score now and then, but certainly not on a consistent basis like those high-level players can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-suck-but-have-so-much-fun-with-pinball-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.