Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5218.jpg
IMG_5593.jpg
IMG_5597.jpg
image.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

One thing about Fish tales is if its not dialed in properly it is extremely brutal. You can brick pretty much every shot from seemingly every angle off the flippers. Once its set up properly though.

#52 3 years ago

Not a member unless there are lightening flippers on them...then everyone is in the club

#53 3 years ago

I've got lighting flips on the one I just got. Granted it has like...no tilt, the left boat ramp switch has stopped registering, but I set my GC before that. I'll have to check the outlanes but pretty sure they are on factory.

I'm *consistently* getting to super jackpots. I think the biggest thing that's contributed to that is learning to live catch the eject from the reel. It's pretty often now that I catch the first eject, it rolls up in the inlane a bit, and I just slam it into the caster's club before the second ball even gets to the left flipper. Sometimes I get the second one in there too, but I don't rely on that. If the jackpot is lit, don't worry about the double, ever. Shoot the orbit and be done. Rinse and repeat with the ejected ball to set up the next lock, usually the ball will come out of the pops right as you shoot the caster's club, for an easy catch on the right.

Now, all that being said, I REALLY need to turn up the difficulty of the caster's club drop target.....I don't know what mine is set to but seems like it's never more than 1 hit to enable the locks, and I definitely saw it set up much harder than that at Nationals.

#54 3 years ago

Really enjoying this pin. Nice to switch up from some of my longer playing games like LOTR. Mine came with the lightning flippers - have been wondering how much shorter those are? I've probably only put about 50 plays on it and have hit 370million. I thought that was good. Very impressed with you guys in the billions! What is the scoring strategy? I'm probably not using the best strategy, I mostly like to hit the Monster Fish and trying to get to Feed Frenzy and Rock-the-Boat which I really love.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Mine came with the lightning flippers - have been wondering how much shorter those are?

They are a lifetime shorter...totally diff'rent game with them which some people like , and good for tourney play but pretty much a drag.

#56 3 years ago

Mine also came with the large star posts at the outlane, which I imagine is also not standard. I like this trade off with the lightning flippers, less side drains and more skill involved. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Mine also came with the large star posts at the outlane,...

In the middle of the out/inlane? Def never seen that one before.

EDIT: no that can't be there it would block too much....starpost in the outlane with rubber is standard if that's what you mean.

#58 3 years ago

Yeah, the outer posts. Hhm, didn't think that would be standard, good to know...

#59 3 years ago

Not that it matters much. At least on my game it seems to hit the perfect arc between star post and mini post, grazes the rubber from both and just goes DEAD. Doesn't matter how hard you shake it, can't come back.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Doesn't matter how hard you shake it, can't come back.

Yeah those outlanes are suspiciously evil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside