Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5218.jpg
IMG_5593.jpg
IMG_5597.jpg
image.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

If this was my game and it had no trade or cash value, i think i would light it on fire right now. Damn, am i getting my a$$ handed to me on a platter.

#2 4 years ago

Master the lock shot, and the jackpot shot. Avoid the boat. My high score is 1,745,349,620 I am the master of that game haha

#3 4 years ago

i just played 15-ish games without getting a single jackpot before posting. The game after i posted, i had the super lit and drained all three balls before collecting. piss...me...off. beats complaining about the hobbit.

#4 4 years ago

I hear ya, Dave. That SJ shot is lucrative but very deadly. Sometimes I do so bad I call it Fish Fails!

#5 4 years ago

Me 2. Been in the collection for over a year. Can't beat the factory default high score.

#6 4 years ago

To be fair, your outlanes are open....makes a huge difference on this game.

#7 4 years ago

LOL...that's what keeps ya coming back for more

#8 4 years ago

I'm not very good at it, but I had some exciting plays on it and kept wanting to come back to it. I wouldn't mind owning one!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To be fair, your outlanes are open....makes a huge difference on this game.

This pin is pretty brutal as is, opening up those outlanes would take it over the top in brutalness. Yes, I made that word up.

#10 4 years ago

If it weren't for those brutal outlanes, I might actually like this pin. As it is, most pins with outlanes that are drain magnets just completely kills my interest.

#11 4 years ago

image.jpg

#12 4 years ago

I have my outlanes at medium and lightning flippers installed, as a result my FT is pretty vicious. I think I've only hit a super jackpot two times in about 200 to 300 games, and when it's lit and I hit it once, I usually drain soon after that before I can gain control of the ball and repeatedly smack the captive ball. If I had regular flippers on it, that would go a long way towards slap saving many more balls and keeping them in play, but darn it, as mean as it is, I just love the lightning flippers on this game. Lots of swearing is thrown the way of the machine, but I keep coming back for more, LOL.

#13 4 years ago

I put up the grand champ of 443M on a location game just shooting th boat and collecting about 5 monster fish. I am terrible at Multiball on FT and it seems like way too much risk for too little reward to go for the lock shot.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If it weren't for those brutal outlanes, I might actually like this pin. As it is, most pins with outlanes that are drain magnets just completely kills my interest.

Play better.

#16 4 years ago

I Suck @ FT also ,, that's Why when I get 1 , it just visit's for a short tyme .. cOoL Pin tho

#17 4 years ago

I have one on location and its extremely popular. The high score is a league player, he has 16 billion and change. It was epic

IMG_5597.jpg IMG_5218.jpg IMG_5593.jpg
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Play better.

It actually is. It's these "side drainers", like BSD and many others, that are shallow, and need to drain more that actually really help you learn to nudge your way out. Pinbot is bad for this, and it's the game I credit with me turning a corner in this regard.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Drainers need to drain. They are usually shallow in rules, and are made as quick and dirty. You may notice but there is more to the software than meets the eye, as in the amount of things to do in almost all machines is very well balanced with how long the design allows players to play on average.

#19 4 years ago

My top score is 2.2 billion but have just fixed machine after being down for about 2 years,and yes I to suck at fish tales at the moment.

#20 4 years ago

If this is a " I suck at FT club", I can join it!

#21 4 years ago

I agree tough pins that drain on either out lane make you a better player with practice & patience. BBH & WPT can be drain monsters. After owning these for some time now, I am a much improved player. FT is high on my want list!

#22 4 years ago

do you have the plumb bob on it Dave?

If you think that one is bad you can come back over any play my clearcoated one. Over 1500 plays on it since restoration and NObody to my knowledge has hit the super jack yet. I have not played it in a month as it pisses me off too much (and other new games to take my interest lately).

#23 4 years ago

OK maybe that's it my FT is also clearcoated. My high score is 280M after 2000 plays.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

Put me in the club. I love the game but it drives my heart rate up and makes me curse.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

haha

Quoted from Zampinator:

FT is high on my want list!

End of the line bub!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you have the plumb bob on it Dave?

yes and it's set tight. I'd say if i shake it hard enough to get a warning, i also tilt probably 90% of the time.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not played it in a month as it pisses me off too much

yes

Quoted from davewtf:

i think i would light it on fire right now.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I have one on location and its extremely popular. The high score is a league player, he has 16 billion and change. It was epic

Paul Madison?

#29 4 years ago

I got better scores once i mastered caster club shot right flipper and monster shot left fipper. Also from shooter lane let the ball bounce off left flipper then hit it with right. On a properly leveled game you will hit the casters club, getting quick cast.

#30 4 years ago

Sign me up. A friend of mine owns one with lightning flippers on it, and I can only play a couple games on it before I have to shut it off. Drives me nuts.

#31 4 years ago

Answer?

I didn't see a question.

#32 4 years ago

played 15 games tonight in about 15 minutes... I think I will leave it alone for another month.

#33 4 years ago

love the topic, fish tales is mean. just got my all time high on it friday night, 421 million. had one, sold it, got another. fun pin

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It actually is. It's these "side drainers", like BSD and many others, that are shallow, and need to drain more that actually really help you learn to nudge your way out.

In no way is saying "play better" practical advice. Explaining techniques on how to avoid draining would be a much better and worthwhile response. That's like saying to a short person "be taller", instead of suggesting that they use a step stool or ladder and where to find one.

Your point about games with shallow rulesets being drainers seems to make sense for most cases. Though, STTNG is a drainer and the rules there aren't shallow.

Quoted from RobT:

Answer?
I didn't see a question.

*sigh*

#35 4 years ago

playing better is a good answer. its a tough pin, like BSD or STTNG, you have to hit your shots. techniques to avoid draining? hit the ramps and loops, dont hit posts. if you keep it away from the outlanes you will be playing better. this is one that was made to take your money for damn sure.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i had the super lit and drained all three balls before collecting.

I know the feeling! I've had my FT for about 4 years. I've pretty well mastered it. But it will never leave my collection. Really different than my other pins.

#37 4 years ago

Why would you want a game you can beat every time! After all it was designed to rape you of your money, by the looks of it it still does
BEST GAME EVER, took me 3 years to find one and will stay in the family. Color DMD is the bomb.

#38 4 years ago

Our housemate had this game when he moved in. It was a bloody miracle if I could ever get 100M on it, though he never had problems racking up 300M+ games. Nor did any of the other Seattle aces.
Feh. I like it because it has probably the best video mode on any pinball machine. Certainly the most satisfying.

#39 4 years ago

MONSTER FISH!!!

I've really come to like Fish Tales. At first it was super challenging and I couldn't make anything happen. Once I learned some better technique on it I started to see what a fun game it could be. It's still challenging of course but at least I can get a few jackpots now and then! Another great example of Williams design creativity.

#40 4 years ago
#41 4 years ago

I used to hate this game and avoid it, but I've come around in the last year or so. The first thing I check when I'm playing a FT is whether the lock shot can be backhanded. If so, it's pretty easy to have multiball success. If not, I'll grind it out on the ramps for monster fish and hope to eventually have a good feeding frenzy / rock the boat.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

Ditto. Only game in my collection that I don't have the high score on. Damn you RNO!

#43 4 years ago

Hmmm, I do rather well on FT, almost grand champion... But, I also got on the score board for the "biggest liar" multiple times. lol

#44 4 years ago

Love the music that plays when you post your initials. Puts me in Barbados with a bottle of rum and hot chicks in bikinis.

Love the rules. Nice and tight. More to do than meets the eye but all doable and fun. MB is one of the best, SJP is fun as hell. Video mode is awesome.

Would love to go for the SJP on WhySnows.

#45 4 years ago

Sold my FT and bought a Popeye. We ALL know Popeye is a MUCH better game

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Sold my FT and bought a Popeye. We ALL know Popeye is a MUCH better game

Did you get that CQ one for $2,800? Soooo jealous!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did you get that CQ one for $2,800? Soooo jealous!

Lol!

I LOVE my FT, and really enjoy playing this table. However, I have had countless thoughts about tying it down with concrete cinder blocks to help it sink to the bottom of the ocean quicker! It's definitely a challenging pin!

1 year later
#48 3 years ago

Count me in as a member!! I never knew this thread existed. I hate this game with every fiber of my being and is hands down the single most difficult and frustrating pin that I have ever played. I kept mine for three years because I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. I mean it's a great game, but the difficulty is unreal in my opinion. I think I kept it for so long mainly because my drinking buddies loved coming over to play it.

#49 3 years ago

Can I join as well? My buddy has one that destroys me every time I play it, I've never cracked 100mil on it and it drives me mad!

#50 3 years ago

Yeah, i guess i should join too. I'm not that great of a player anyway but i finally got to play FT for a while last month and i was a bit worse than normal even. Video mode was very cool though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 125.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside