(Topic ID: 144019)

I suck at competitive pinball. But I still love it. Am I insane?

By wizard_mode

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I tried to make a device which allowed me to wear headphones that attach to a bluetooth microphone that I would attach directly to the speaker. In other words a device which would allow me to listen to the game sounds and also block out others, but so far I have not found anything that works for this. Soem games have the headphone jack but that is far and few in route play.

I wonder if just putting on headphones and tucking the cord into your pocket would help cut down on interruptions while you're playing? Of course you'll never hear the end of it once people figure out what you're doing ...

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a Sport, that makes it the right place buddy!

If you wants to go full-McEnroe in the PAPA finals then whatever, at least the stakes are high (and your freak out will be recorded for posterity). But going ape when you drain at a local tournament is just embarrassing, like watching someone go crazy about a dropped pass at a flag football game or a pop-fly in a charity softball game. It makes things less enjoyable for everyone else. People should work out their anger management issues at home or on their therapist's couch! The rest of us aren't interested.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The part I don't like is assigning value of something to someone else. You local Angry Joe probably isn't going to make it to PAPA finals...so this is it for them.

Fair point, the guys at PAPA should probably try to behave like human beings as well.

Quoted from TheLaw:

When I'm playing against people I also really don't give a shit aboot their enjoyment level or if they are interested in what I'm doing....I'm there to beat them

You don't have to actually care about other people to treat them with basic decency. Pretending works perfectly well in this context!

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Competitive pinball by itself doesn't suck, it is the people involved that can make it crappy.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Same thing we say aboot home players

Ha! If you're playing at home by yourself and you can't stand the company...

(Thumbs-up for the Canadian spelling, however).

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

You mean 17 years?

Easy now, that trophy was for pinball not math.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Here's a vid of my friend Mads getting a bad ball at CAX. He was playing Bowen, so obviously no cake-walk match, and how awesome would it be to say, "I beat Bowen." Anyway, he was so pissed at himself he went off in Danish!! hahahaha
» YouTube video

Is that the right clip? If so kind of a disappointing rant, looks like he took a moment to compose himself with his head resting on the lockdown bar after a tough house ball, and then politely shook hands with Bowen! If that's the type of behavior we're complaining about here I agree that's hardly objectionable. I was thinking of something far more loud and disruptive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-suck-at-competitive-pinball-but-i-still-love-it-am-i-insane?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.