Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

de-plane-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4592 (resized).JPG
    judge_panel.png
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    truck8 (resized).jpg
    truck4 (resized).jpg
    truck2 (resized).jpg
    F4AE3975-FF4C-4D6F-A154-81B1444EB5C6 (resized).jpeg
    truck (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

It was a private sale, he checked over the vehicle before cash was exchanged, and a deal was made. It's a 40 year old truck, what does he expect? You can't be held responsible for issues he failed to check for.

Short story, years ago I sold an old Xbox on CL for $50. It had issues, and I was clear to point them out in the ad. I invited the buyer over to inspect it and play some games before he committed to a buy. He declined, asking for me to meet him in a parking lot someplace. I agreed. We met, cash was exchanged, and the following day he calls me complaining I sold him a faulty xbox. He complained about the issues I made VERY clear in the ad. He proceeds to blast me with text messages and phone calls. Easy solution for me: Number blocked. Done deal. Sorry.

Once that xbox was in his hands, I don't know what he did with it. Maybe he was in an accident, maybe he dropped it when he was getting out of his car, maybe he had loftier expectations of a video game console built in 2001, maybe he just didn't read my ad carefully enough. Who the hell knows, but none of it was my responsibility, and he had every chance to test it thoroughly before committing to the buy.

In your case, a lot can happen in 6 days. Maybe he drove it through a carwash and damaged a seal? Maybe a light burnt out while he was driving it? Maybe he has a heavy foot, or was driving down a long hill, or carried a heavy load and is experiencing brake fade? Who knows, but none of that is your responsibility. Especially on a truck built in the early 80s.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sold-my-pin-hauler-in-nj-and-buyer-wants-his-money-back?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.