Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

de-plane-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4592 (resized).JPG
    judge_panel.png
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    truck8 (resized).jpg
    truck4 (resized).jpg
    truck2 (resized).jpg
    F4AE3975-FF4C-4D6F-A154-81B1444EB5C6 (resized).jpeg
    truck (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 5 years ago

In the state of Georgia, once a car is used(titled, no longer under MSO, mileage could be 3 or 2 or 1 or anything) a legal sale is done with no warranty and no recourse.

#134 5 years ago

The real problem here, is that you are still swirling this nothing burger situation around in your head. Only mistake you made was to let the N.J. Turd drive off with plates registered to you. The plate surrender and the fact that you seem to be feeding off the drama of the speculation from many in this thread, is much more telling about you, than the jerky Jersey boy!

#154 5 years ago

Absolutely agreed that you should have reported the plates STOLEN, not lost. Now you just lied to authorities after 15 or more arm chair experts told you what to do. You have done more to harm yourself in this entire operation than the Jerky Jersey boy. I just went through the entire thread again, and I am coming to the conclusion that you are a drama seeker. You got 7500 for a vehicle that most would not pay 3000 for(no matter how much went under the hood), so that is your saving grace, but you either love the drama(likely) with this thread, or you are just so meek that you refuse to do the proper steps to even protect yourself properly. I am still quite perplexed as to why you surrendered your plates with the sale in the first place!

#155 5 years ago

3 second search brings this up...Requirement number 1 for seller:

Selling a Vehicle in New Jersey
    The seller and the buyer will have different responsibilities in the sale of a vehicle.

As the seller, you must:

Remove the vehicle's license plates and surrender them to any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office or regional service center, provided the plates are not being transferred to another vehicle.
    Sign the back of the title, and include the following information:
    Name and address of the buyer.
    Date of sale.
    Mileage odometer reading.
    If there is no room on the title or there is a discrepancy in the reading you must also fill out and sign a Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form OS/SS-2).
    Sale price of the vehicle.
    Transfer the title within 10 business days from the actual date of the sale.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sold-my-pin-hauler-in-nj-and-buyer-wants-his-money-back?tu=elcolonel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.