Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

de-plane-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4592 (resized).JPG
    judge_panel.png
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    truck8 (resized).jpg
    truck4 (resized).jpg
    truck2 (resized).jpg
    F4AE3975-FF4C-4D6F-A154-81B1444EB5C6 (resized).jpeg
    truck (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 5 years ago

Do not be intimidated....

Only point of law might be whether or not you misrepresented it in your ad. Did you claim "100% working" or "like new" or "mint condition" or "no leaks"?

If you misrepresented the truck in any SUBSTANTIAL way in your add then I think he may be able to cancel the sale... but as others have mentioned... how do you know the leak or break light problem didn't occur for the first time when he drove it several hundred miles home.

To me you have 2 options

1) Tell him to go ahead and sue you (in my vacation rentals, almost every time I keep a portion of someones security deposit because they damaged my property, they tend to threaten to sue me. I tell them to have their lawyer call me - haven't heard from one yet). Tell him since he is going to sue you, that you will not discuss the case any more with him until you are in front of a judge.

2) You can go above and beyond what you're legally required to do and buy the car back from him, as long as
    a) He pays for any and all transfer taxes
    b) The car is in exactly the same condition as it was when he picked it up
    c) You deduct $500 from the sale price for the additional wear and tear he put on it

I would stick with option 1) myself. the whole private plane thing makes me think that this guy does not need your "charity" which is essentially what you'd be doing if you were buying the car back from him. I might go with option 2 if it was a single mom who was a waitress looking for a car to get back and forth from work, and realized that an old truck may not be so reliable.... in that case, buyers remorse, contract still binding, but being a compassionate human being would drive my decision.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sold-my-pin-hauler-in-nj-and-buyer-wants-his-money-back?tu=Scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.