Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

de-plane-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4592 (resized).JPG
    judge_panel.png
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    truck8 (resized).jpg
    truck4 (resized).jpg
    truck2 (resized).jpg
    F4AE3975-FF4C-4D6F-A154-81B1444EB5C6 (resized).jpeg
    truck (resized).jpg
    There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago

In Connecticut you can transfer your plate to another vehicle. I own plate number "1" and trust me, that plate is staying in my family as long as I'm alive.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I did see the plane flying in and it looked nice but I don't know too much about planes. The buyer has stopped calling and emailing for the last few days. He never did send my plates back so I reported them as lost.

Don't report them as lost. Report them as stolen. And you know who has them....

#153 5 years ago

Report them stolen. Then inform buddy that since he didn’t send them back they are now reported stolen.

#154 5 years ago

Absolutely agreed that you should have reported the plates STOLEN, not lost. Now you just lied to authorities after 15 or more arm chair experts told you what to do. You have done more to harm yourself in this entire operation than the Jerky Jersey boy. I just went through the entire thread again, and I am coming to the conclusion that you are a drama seeker. You got 7500 for a vehicle that most would not pay 3000 for(no matter how much went under the hood), so that is your saving grace, but you either love the drama(likely) with this thread, or you are just so meek that you refuse to do the proper steps to even protect yourself properly. I am still quite perplexed as to why you surrendered your plates with the sale in the first place!

#155 5 years ago

3 second search brings this up...Requirement number 1 for seller:

Selling a Vehicle in New Jersey
    The seller and the buyer will have different responsibilities in the sale of a vehicle.

As the seller, you must:

Remove the vehicle's license plates and surrender them to any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office or regional service center, provided the plates are not being transferred to another vehicle.
    Sign the back of the title, and include the following information:
    Name and address of the buyer.
    Date of sale.
    Mileage odometer reading.
    If there is no room on the title or there is a discrepancy in the reading you must also fill out and sign a Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form OS/SS-2).
    Sale price of the vehicle.
    Transfer the title within 10 business days from the actual date of the sale.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

3 second search brings this up...Requirement number 1 for seller:
    Selling a Vehicle in New Jersey
    The seller and the buyer will have different responsibilities in the sale of a vehicle.
    As the seller, you must:
    Remove the vehicle's license plates and surrender them to any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office or regional service center, provided the plates are not being transferred to another vehicle.
    Sign the back of the title, and include the following information:
    Name and address of the buyer.
    Date of sale.
    If there is no room on the title or there is a discrepancy in the reading you must also fill out and sign a Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form OS/SS-2).

I have to agree - you need to explain to the cops/DMV exactly what’s happened and what’s happening the plates. At this point, the plates are stolen, but you know exactly where they are.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

At this point I’d be worried this is part of a larger scam. Disengage. Completely. Keep all records And quietly report the plates as stolen. There’s always the chance the cops know the guy and he has tried this before

Just stop talking to the guy. The deal was done when he put down his money and drove off.

Report the plates stolen to the police and report his name and what he is trying to pull so there is record of it.

Inform guy "were done" and block, save all texts and documents just in case.

#158 5 years ago

You don't have any idea what this dude did to your truck after taking it home. Just stop responding to him, it appears he's trying to scam you. $5000 to fix a leak and lights... is Elon Musk doing these repairs?

Someone said it before - lesson learned here is Buyer Beware and Seller Cover Your Ass.

I had a dude try to scam me on eBay/Paypal recently with some DJ equipment. He first complained about the shipping charge, so I comped that and even upgraded it to 2-day for him. He opened up a claim the day it arrived saying it never arrived. A week later, claimed his wife hid it from him as a joke. Another week later opened up another claim saying that it was missing items from the box (which was disclosed on the listing). Paypal held my money and took almost two weeks to decide in my favor.

10 WEEKS later, the dude opens another claim saying it doesn't work. I get into the dispute process with PayPal and send them a link to a video that I posted to YouTube the day I sold it (even filmed the current date on my computer), showing all functions working and the serial number. They resolved that dispute the next day.

CYA, sellers!

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Absolutely agreed that you should have reported the plates STOLEN, not lost. Now you just lied to authorities after 15 or more arm chair experts told you what to do. You have done more to harm yourself in this entire operation than the Jerky Jersey boy. I just went through the entire thread again, and I am coming to the conclusion that you are a drama seeker. You got 7500 for a vehicle that most would not pay 3000 for(no matter how much went under the hood), so that is your saving grace, but you either love the drama(likely) with this thread, or you are just so meek that you refuse to do the proper steps to even protect yourself properly. I am still quite perplexed as to why you surrendered your plates with the sale in the first place!

You can't be serious. ....right?

#160 5 years ago

I told the lady at dmv what happened and she said I can only report them as lost

#161 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4590952"

If vehicle is over 10 years old no odometer reading needed.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Drama queen much are you? It's up to the authorities to determine whether the plates are lost or stolen. The OP didn't "lie". In fact, most jurisdictions only allow you to report "lost/stolen". They don't let you decide which. Good gawd dude.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

$5000 to repair a leaky window and backup lights? That's hilarious!

Well, if it's an Audi, maybe.....

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure thing. I had a guy buy my '65 dart just to get the custom CA plate, "DAWDGE".

In CA we can keep vanity plates, and they can transfer car to car, but you have to pay to keep them even if not on a car. When I moved I gave up my sweet. KLRWAL plates, had them on my wagon and and had the specialty plate to boot that had the whale tale between the KLR WAL. Here in CO we have a fishing plate that has a trout in the middle, thought that would be a funny reference, but only to me, so didn't go for the extra cost.

6 months later
    #165 5 years ago

I'm kind of in the same boat now.

Guy bought my car on eBay. Paid a 100 deposit through PayPal. Paid 11,900 in cash. Attempted to drive a 1972 mustang 80 miles home. I told him he was crazy, and that I hadn't taken the car on the highway in the three years I owned it. I have cash in hand and signed bill of sale.

Called me back 20 minutes later saying I can't make it home. The car is running hot (had'nt overheated) . Also said he wanted his money back. I told him to pound sand nicely. The car was paid for in cash, and he signed a bill of sale and left my property with it. Claims he's going to go through eBay to get the money back. Think he will win?

#166 5 years ago

Hah! Maybe the deposit.....

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Guy bought my car on eBay. Paid a 100 deposit through PayPal. Paid 11,900 in cash. Attempted to drive a 1972 mustang 80 miles home. I told him he was crazy, and that I hadn't taken the car on the highway in the three years I owned it. I have cash in hand and signed bill of sale.

My money's on Ebay sharing your sentiment. He has responsibility to inspect. He did, agreed it was what you said it was, ignored sound advice. The transaction is complete and honestly as an owner, you can't account for any abuse he put on the car after taking ownership. You didn't wreck the car, he did, when he ignored your warning. I wouldn't want to accept it back now that its damaged by his carelessness.

#168 5 years ago

Used cars are sold AS-IS, unless you made any guarantees or blatantly lied

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I'm kind of in the same boat now.
    Called me back 20 minutes later saying I can't make it home. The car is running hot (had'nt overheated) . Also said he wanted his money back. I told him to pound sand nicely. The car was paid for in cash, and he signed a bill of sale and left my property with it. Claims he's going to go through eBay to get the money back. Think he will win?

I wouldn't lose a second of my time over this, other than they know where you personally live. In CT, as a private seller (assuming less than 5 cars sold in a year), there is no warranty expressed or implied, unless it is in writing, on a used vehicle that is sold. I'd say nothing else to the buyer, and move on.

#170 5 years ago

My only concern is eBay taking the money back.

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Only $100 bucks. Rest is cash.

Quoted from the96stang:

They only can take what they collected.
    You have lion share of money.
    You also have Bill of sale.
    Did he ever drive back after phone call?

#172 5 years ago

Yes, the police were called and he left before they came.

#173 5 years ago

Hoping it will work out in your favor. But I gotta agree, who takes a car that old and drives it home more than maybe 60 miles and that’s even a stretch?!

I sold my 90LX the other year in eBay. Guy flew in and drove it home. To Chicago. I thought he was crazy too and I had that car vetted. I never heard back or received any feedback. We met to have title transferred (He Uber’d from Philly airport to KofP) with what they call a transit tag here in PA and was paid in cash. You should be in the clear.

#174 5 years ago

here are ebay rules - reading the story did he drive the car back to your house while it was overheating - in this weather unless he was stuck in traffic he should not have been over heating - one might guess the thermostat got stuck, or it was low on antifreeze - i checked out the ad on ebay - nice looking car - i bought a car in ct through ebay and when i went to pick it up it was a 57 chevy conv (but the standard was on the floor) - wasn't listed in the ad - i explained i was using it for weddings and i needed to know that - he didn't give me my $500 back - ebay gave it to me - i don't know if they got it from him.

as long as your paperwork was ok you should be good - your ad said clear title - i thought ct was no title for antiques - hopefully you gave him one or he can argue that point if he is smart - call me in the morning as i can relay another title story so you are prepared - 401-451-4551 - thanks ed

Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) provides protection, against certain losses associated with fraud, up to a maximum amount of your purchase price paid (not exceeding $100,000) for purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or through the eBay mobile application. The types of fraud that are generally covered are:
    non-delivery of the vehicle,
    undisclosed defects in the title, and certain undisclosed defects with the vehicle. VPP is automatically included at no additional cost when you complete the purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or eBay mobile applications.
    VPP is not an insurance policy, a warranty, a solution for buyer's remorse, or a substitute for buyer diligence (i.e. pre-purchase research and inspection). We encourage you to perform appropriate research and exercise proper care and judgment in the purchase of any vehicle.

VPP is managed by an independent service provider (the "VPP Administrator") that is not affiliated with eBay Inc. ("eBay"). All VPP requests will be processed by the VPP Administrator. Restrictions and limitations are set forth below.

What's covered?

Purchases are covered by VPP when all of the following criteria are met:
    Successful purchase* of, and payment for, a vehicle with a purchase price of more than $100, listed in the eBay Motors Vehicle category ("eligible vehicle").
    * A purchase is successful if you receive confirmation in My eBay that you won, or purchased, the vehicle through an auction, Buy It Now, or Best Offer.
    This is your first reimbursement request under VPP in the last 180 days.
    The buyer, the seller, the vehicle, and the financial institutions on which payment was drawn, and to which payment was made are located in one of the fifty United States or Canada on the purchase date.
    You obtain the VPP Administrator's prior written consent before altering, repairing, selling, or releasing possession of the vehicle before a determination is made on your reimbursement request.
    You are able to provide the VPP Administrator with documentation to substantiate all purchase payments and/or estimates for repair, related to your reimbursement request within 14 days of your reimbursement request.
    You comply with the filing deadline and requests from the VPP Administrator (regardless of any shipping delays you experience).
    Purchases are covered by VPP in the situations below:
    You pay for a vehicle or send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive the vehicle.
    You pay for a vehicle and receive it, but suffer a loss because:
    The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen prior to your purchase.
    The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
    The vehicle make, model or year is different than what was described in the seller's listing at the time you placed your bid or offer. Note, however, that VPP does not protect you if the seller's description was inaccurate with respect to the vehicle's sub-model, trim packages or special editions.
    You did not receive a title from the seller (and a title is required by both your state and the seller's state) and it's not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
    The vehicle had a title with one of the following undisclosed brands (salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback or flood/water damage) at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggy, Race Car or Trailer categories.)
    The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage stated in the seller's listing. (This protection is only available for vehicles listed in the Car & Truck and RV & Camper categories.)
    The vehicle is less than 10 years old (based on model year) and has undisclosed damage to the (a) engine, (b) transmission, and/or (c) body/frame (each a "qualifying component"). The cost of repair to each qualifying component must exceed $1,000. For vehicles listed in the Bus, Commercial Truck, and RV & Camper categories, the cost of repair for the undisclosed damage to each qualifying component must exceed $1,500. For vehicles listed in the Boat category, the cost of repair for the undisclosed damage to each of the engine or the hull must exceed $1,500. This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Race Car or Aircraft categories. Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.

Not covered

Purchases and/or associated losses are NOT covered by VPP in the examples below:

Vehicle Condition
    Any damage on vehicles 10 years old or older (10-year threshold is based on model year).
    Regular maintenance and fluid levels.
    Normal wear and tear, including but not limited to belts, hoses, tires, brakes, bushings, joints, spark plugs and wires, interior features, minor dents, paint chips and scratches.
    Certain components
    Damage to any component (other than the combustion engine, transmission, and/or body/frame), including but not limited to the vehicle's interior, exhaust, air conditioner, electrical (including the battery or other electrical components of a hybrid or electric car's engine), suspension, cooling system, turbo charger, fuel system, differential, clutch/torque converter, and/or pollution control devices; or
    Damage to qualifying components that does not exceed $1,000 (or $1,500 for vehicles listed in the Boat, Bus, Commercial Truck, RV and Camper categories).
    Damage after purchase - Damage or loss caused during shipping or otherwise after purchase.
    Cosmetic damage, such as paint or external surface rust.
    Unverifiable damage.
    Any damage on a vehicle listed with anything but a "clear" title.

Deposit issues
    Sending a non-refundable deposit for a vehicle and not receiving the vehicle, or a refund, because you chose not to complete the transaction or pay the remaining balance for any reason.

Ancillary losses
    Punitive damages, lost profits, loss of work, travel expenses, or restocking costs.

Title / ownership issues
    Misstatements about the type of title brand, for a vehicle listed with anything but a "clear" title.
    Failure to receive a certificate of title for a vehicle that was listed with a title brand or with the title being described as anything but "clear".
    Receiving a title that is not signed, is improperly assigned, or receiving a title but not being able to register the vehicle (unless you are unable to register the vehicle due to an undisclosed lien against its title).
    Losses based on a vehicle classified as "theft recovery" or "previously stolen" but recovered by a law enforcement agency prior to being listed on eBay.

Other
    Buyer's remorse.
    Any damage or listing discrepancies that were disclosed to you prior to taking possession of the vehicle.
    Any damage that could have been discovered upon a reasonable inspection before you paid for and picked up the vehicle in person.
    Any damage that does not impact the safety or operability of the vehicle.
    Repairs or alterations made by you to the vehicle without the consent of the VPP Administrator.
    Inspection costs, warranty fees, taxes paid, or any other fees or expenses that are not expressly covered under these Terms and Conditions.
    Transactions occurring off-eBay or on any other website.

How to request reimbursement?

We find that the basis for many reimbursement requests is often a simple misunderstanding between a buyer and a seller. As a result, we encourage you to first try to resolve any issues through communicating with the seller.

If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, submit a reimbursement request no later than 45 days** after the listing end date. You would generally receive a reimbursement determination and payment (if approved) within 45 days after the reimbursement request was submitted.

Upon eBay's review of your reimbursement request, you will be provided with instructions to submit your request directly to the VPP Administrator. The VPP Administrator will contact you within a couple of business days to obtain additional details about your request and to discuss the appropriate next steps. You will be required to substantiate your request by providing, for example, damage estimates from no fewer than two approved service facilities (at your expense) or allowing the VPP Administrator to inspect the vehicle at any time.

Any action taken by you during the review process without the VPP Administrator's consent, that impairs the VPP Administrator's ability to mitigate any potential loss, will void your eligibility for VPP reimbursement.

eBay and the VPP Administrator will determine: (1) whether you are eligible to participate in the VPP program, (2) whether you have suffered a loss, (3) if the loss was caused by the type(s) of fraud that qualify for a VPP reimbursement and (4) the reimbursement amount.

** There are two situations in which the time for filing a reimbursement request may be extended:
    If you learn that your vehicle is a stolen vehicle, you will have 365 days from the date that the listing ended to file for reimbursement.
    If you receive the vehicle but do not receive the title, or learn that it is subject to an undisclosed lien, you will have 90 days from the date that the listing ended to file for reimbursement.

How much will the reimbursement amount be?

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

here are ebay rules - reading the story did he drive the car back to your house while it was overheating - in this weather unless he was stuck in traffic he should not have been over heating - one might guess the thermostat got stuck, or it was low on antifreeze - i checked out the ad on ebay - nice looking car - i bought a car in ct through ebay and when i went to pick it up it was a 57 chevy conv (but the standard was on the floor) - wasn't listed in the ad - i explained i was using it for weddings and i needed to know that - he didn't give me my $500 back - ebay gave it to me - i don't know if they got it from him.
    as long as your paperwork was ok you should be good - your ad said clear title - i thought ct was no title for antiques - hopefully you gave him one or he can argue that point if he is smart - call me in the morning as i can relay another title story so you are prepared - 401-451-4551 - thanks ed
    Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) provides protection, against certain losses associated with fraud, up to a maximum amount of your purchase price paid (not exceeding $100,000) for purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or through the eBay mobile application. The types of fraud that are generally covered are:
    non-delivery of the vehicle,
    undisclosed defects in the title, and certain undisclosed defects with the vehicle. VPP is automatically included at no additional cost when you complete the purchase of an eligible vehicle on ebay.com or eBay mobile applications.
    VPP is not an insurance policy, a warranty, a solution for buyer's remorse, or a substitute for buyer diligence (i.e. pre-purchase research and inspection). We encourage you to perform appropriate research and exercise proper care and judgment in the purchase of any vehicle.
    VPP is managed by an independent service provider (the "VPP Administrator") that is not affiliated with eBay Inc. ("eBay"). All VPP requests will be processed by the VPP Administrator. Restrictions and limitations are set forth below.
    What's covered?
    Purchases are covered by VPP when all of the following criteria are met:
    Successful purchase* of, and payment for, a vehicle with a purchase price of more than $100, listed in the eBay Motors Vehicle category ("eligible vehicle").
    * A purchase is successful if you receive confirmation in My eBay that you won, or purchased, the vehicle through an auction, Buy It Now, or Best Offer.
    This is your first reimbursement request under VPP in the last 180 days.
    The buyer, the seller, the vehicle, and the financial institutions on which payment was drawn, and to which payment was made are located in one of the fifty United States or Canada on the purchase date.
    You obtain the VPP Administrator's prior written consent before altering, repairing, selling, or releasing possession of the vehicle before a determination is made on your reimbursement request.
    You are able to provide the VPP Administrator with documentation to substantiate all purchase payments and/or estimates for repair, related to your reimbursement request within 14 days of your reimbursement request.
    You comply with the filing deadline and requests from the VPP Administrator (regardless of any shipping delays you experience).
    Purchases are covered by VPP in the situations below:
    You pay for a vehicle or send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive the vehicle.
    You pay for a vehicle and receive it, but suffer a loss because:
    The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen prior to your purchase.
    The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
    The vehicle make, model or year is different than what was described in the seller's listing at the time you placed your bid or offer. Note, however, that VPP does not protect you if the seller's description was inaccurate with respect to the vehicle's sub-model, trim packages or special editions.
    You did not receive a title from the seller (and a title is required by both your state and the seller's state) and it's not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
    The vehicle had a title with one of the following undisclosed brands (salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback or flood/water damage) at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggy, Race Car or Trailer categories.)
    The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage stated in the seller's listing. (This protection is only available for vehicles listed in the Car &amp; Truck and RV &amp; Camper categories.)
    The vehicle is less than 10 years old (based on model year) and has undisclosed damage to the (a) engine, (b) transmission, and/or (c) body/frame (each a "qualifying component"). The cost of repair to each qualifying component must exceed $1,000. For vehicles listed in the Bus, Commercial Truck, and RV &amp; Camper categories, the cost of repair for the undisclosed damage to each qualifying component must exceed $1,500. For vehicles listed in the Boat category, the cost of repair for the undisclosed damage to each of the engine or the hull must exceed $1,500. This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Race Car or Aircraft categories. Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.
    Not covered
    Purchases and/or associated losses are NOT covered by VPP in the examples below:
    Vehicle Condition
    Any damage on vehicles 10 years old or older (10-year threshold is based on model year).
    Regular maintenance and fluid levels.
    Normal wear and tear, including but not limited to belts, hoses, tires, brakes, bushings, joints, spark plugs and wires, interior features, minor dents, paint chips and scratches.
    Certain components
    Damage to any component (other than the combustion engine, transmission, and/or body/frame), including but not limited to the vehicle's interior, exhaust, air conditioner, electrical (including the battery or other electrical components of a hybrid or electric car's engine), suspension, cooling system, turbo charger, fuel system, differential, clutch/torque converter, and/or pollution control devices; or
    Damage to qualifying components that does not exceed $1,000 (or $1,500 for vehicles listed in the Boat, Bus, Commercial Truck, RV and Camper categories).
    Damage after purchase - Damage or loss caused during shipping or otherwise after purchase.
    Cosmetic damage, such as paint or external surface rust.
    Unverifiable damage.
    Any damage on a vehicle listed with anything but a "clear" title.
    Deposit issues
    Sending a non-refundable deposit for a vehicle and not receiving the vehicle, or a refund, because you chose not to complete the transaction or pay the remaining balance for any reason.
    Ancillary losses
    Punitive damages, lost profits, loss of work, travel expenses, or restocking costs.
    Title / ownership issues
    Misstatements about the type of title brand, for a vehicle listed with anything but a "clear" title.
    Failure to receive a certificate of title for a vehicle that was listed with a title brand or with the title being described as anything but "clear".
    Receiving a title that is not signed, is improperly assigned, or receiving a title but not being able to register the vehicle (unless you are unable to register the vehicle due to an undisclosed lien against its title).
    Losses based on a vehicle classified as "theft recovery" or "previously stolen" but recovered by a law enforcement agency prior to being listed on eBay.
    Other
    Buyer's remorse.
    Any damage or listing discrepancies that were disclosed to you prior to taking possession of the vehicle.
    Any damage that could have been discovered upon a reasonable inspection before you paid for and picked up the vehicle in person.
    Any damage that does not impact the safety or operability of the vehicle.
    Repairs or alterations made by you to the vehicle without the consent of the VPP Administrator.
    Inspection costs, warranty fees, taxes paid, or any other fees or expenses that are not expressly covered under these Terms and Conditions.
    Transactions occurring off-eBay or on any other website.
    How to request reimbursement?
    We find that the basis for many reimbursement requests is often a simple misunderstanding between a buyer and a seller. As a result, we encourage you to first try to resolve any issues through communicating with the seller.
    If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, submit a reimbursement request no later than 45 days** after the listing end date. You would generally receive a reimbursement determination and payment (if approved) within 45 days after the reimbursement request was submitted.
    Upon eBay's review of your reimbursement request, you will be provided with instructions to submit your request directly to the VPP Administrator. The VPP Administrator will contact you within a couple of business days to obtain additional details about your request and to discuss the appropriate next steps. You will be required to substantiate your request by providing, for example, damage estimates from no fewer than two approved service facilities (at your expense) or allowing the VPP Administrator to inspect the vehicle at any time.
    Any action taken by you during the review process without the VPP Administrator's consent, that impairs the VPP Administrator's ability to mitigate any potential loss, will void your eligibility for VPP reimbursement.
    eBay and the VPP Administrator will determine: (1) whether you are eligible to participate in the VPP program, (2) whether you have suffered a loss, (3) if the loss was caused by the type(s) of fraud that qualify for a VPP reimbursement and (4) the reimbursement amount.
    ** There are two situations in which the time for filing a reimbursement request may be extended:
    If you learn that your vehicle is a stolen vehicle, you will have 365 days from the date that the listing ended to file for reimbursement.
    If you receive the vehicle but do not receive the title, or learn that it is subject to an undisclosed lien, you will have 90 days from the date that the listing ended to file for reimbursement.
    How much will the reimbursement amount be?

Do you really think anyone is going to read all of that?

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

What did he say.
    Op is good, cash is King unless its fake.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Called me back 20 minutes later saying I can't make it home. The car is running hot (had'nt overheated) . Also said he wanted his money back.

The guys got buyers remorse, I wouldnt even entertain giving his money back.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

yes i think the person who sold the mustang is going to read it - as far as anybody else - more then likely not, but it's there for people if they need it - just trying to help as i appreciate all people who help me when i have questions. thanks ed

#179 5 years ago

Having sold WELL over 350 Mustangs in my lifetime (1964.5-1968 plus a few 1967-8 Cougars) you need to be careful of uneducated buyers. This sounds like this is what's happening here, along with buyer's remorse.
    What exactly was the overheating issue? Does this car have a 302 in it? When it overheated, did he stop and shut down or kept on going? There are so many factor at play here, but be careful with selling cars (or ANYTHING for that matter on Ebay) . I'm fairly sure that since its nearly 50 years old they'll dismiss or even ignore any claims issues. Was the buyer mechanically savvy or just some guy with a checkbook who wanted a '72 Mustang?
    Selling cars, new or vintage, has become very, very frustrating in the past few years thanks to eBay and their "Everything must be perfect or we'll refund your $$" attitude.

#180 5 years ago

Sorry, just re-visited your post regarding the overheating issue. He claimed it was "running hot" and did NOT overheat. I wouldn't worry.

#181 5 years ago

It would be interesting to see this play out on Judge Judy. I'd say the buyer would leave the courtroom on his knees.

#182 5 years ago

Car looks nice in your ebay ad - not sure what people expect for 12k in the classic car convertible with V8 marketplace.

Hopefully you didn't know it was prone to overheating or sell it with a blown head gasket or crack in the block. Seems like most other overheat conditions could be fixed in an Autozone parking lot in the time he took to drive back to your house.

#183 5 years ago

I just wonder why anybody would want a 1972 mustang in the first place.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I just wonder why anybody would want a 1972 mustang in the first place.

Lol

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Yes, the police were called and he left before they came.

Who has the car now?

#186 5 years ago

He does. It ran for almost an hour in my driveway fine. He claims it was running hot but never crossed the upper limit. When I would drive it it would normally sit between 1/2 to 3/4 on the gauge.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Having sold WELL over 350 Mustangs in my lifetime (1964.5-1968 plus a few 1967-8 Cougars) you need to be careful of uneducated buyers. This sounds like this is what's happening here, along with buyer's remorse.
    What exactly was the overheating issue? Does this car have a 302 in it? When it overheated, did he stop and shut down or kept on going? There are so many factor at play here, but be careful with selling cars (or ANYTHING for that matter on Ebay) . I'm fairly sure that since its nearly 50 years old they'll dismiss or even ignore any claims issues. Was the buyer mechanically savvy or just some guy with a checkbook who wanted a '72 Mustang?
    Selling cars, new or vintage, has become very, very frustrating in the past few years thanks to eBay and their "Everything must be perfect or we'll refund your $$" attitude.

Six months ago, you had sold over 400 Mustangs, weird...

Uneducated buyer??? Who cares, it means nothing....The buyer paid a $100 deposit through eBay/Paypal and the rest in cash on pick-up. The worst case here, the OP is out a refunded $100 deposit. The rest is cash he already has. How this got past page #1 is crazy.

#188 5 years ago

Further, after selling how ever many mustangs you have, you should be well aware that buying a used car is buyer beware. Its on the buyer, educated or not, to do the research, have it inspected, etc. Unless you grossly lied, meaning its a salvage/wrecked title, major accident/flood, the buyer has no re-coarse except small claims court.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Further, after selling how ever many mustangs you have, you should be well aware that buying a used car is buyer beware. Its on the buyer, educated or not, to do the research, have it inspected, etc. Unless you grossly lied, meaning its a salvage/wrecked title, major accident/flood, the buyer has no re-coarse except small claims court.

You had me right up until "re-coarse"

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

He does. It ran for almost an hour in my driveway fine. He claims it was running hot but never crossed the upper limit. When I would drive it it would normally sit between 1/2 to 3/4 on the gauge.

Take your money to the bank

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You had me right up until "re-coarse"

You got me spelling police. Sorry "aboot" that.

#192 5 years ago

Reason I'm asking about the engine size is that, if a 302, it is VERY common to flip the head gaskets and create this exact problem you're describing. It's an easy fix, but a lot of people make this mistake and have a chronically overheating Mustang that they cannot fix on their hands.

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sold-my-pin-hauler-in-nj-and-buyer-wants-his-money-back/page/4?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.