6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by VacFink
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

de-plane-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4592 (resized).JPG
    judge_panel.png
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
    truck8 (resized).jpg
    truck4 (resized).jpg
    truck2 (resized).jpg
    F4AE3975-FF4C-4D6F-A154-81B1444EB5C6 (resized).jpeg
    truck (resized).jpg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 months ago

In Connecticut you can transfer your plate to another vehicle. I own plate number "1" and trust me, that plate is staying in my family as long as I'm alive.

#152 6 months ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I did see the plane flying in and it looked nice but I don't know too much about planes. The buyer has stopped calling and emailing for the last few days. He never did send my plates back so I reported them as lost.

Don't report them as lost. Report them as stolen. And you know who has them....

#153 6 months ago

Report them stolen. Then inform buddy that since he didn’t send them back they are now reported stolen.

#154 6 months ago

Absolutely agreed that you should have reported the plates STOLEN, not lost. Now you just lied to authorities after 15 or more arm chair experts told you what to do. You have done more to harm yourself in this entire operation than the Jerky Jersey boy. I just went through the entire thread again, and I am coming to the conclusion that you are a drama seeker. You got 7500 for a vehicle that most would not pay 3000 for(no matter how much went under the hood), so that is your saving grace, but you either love the drama(likely) with this thread, or you are just so meek that you refuse to do the proper steps to even protect yourself properly. I am still quite perplexed as to why you surrendered your plates with the sale in the first place!

#155 6 months ago

3 second search brings this up...Requirement number 1 for seller:

Selling a Vehicle in New Jersey
    The seller and the buyer will have different responsibilities in the sale of a vehicle.

As the seller, you must:

Remove the vehicle's license plates and surrender them to any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office or regional service center, provided the plates are not being transferred to another vehicle.
    Sign the back of the title, and include the following information:
    Name and address of the buyer.
    Date of sale.
    Mileage odometer reading.
    If there is no room on the title or there is a discrepancy in the reading you must also fill out and sign a Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form OS/SS-2).
    Sale price of the vehicle.
    Transfer the title within 10 business days from the actual date of the sale.

#156 6 months ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

3 second search brings this up...Requirement number 1 for seller:
    Selling a Vehicle in New Jersey
    The seller and the buyer will have different responsibilities in the sale of a vehicle.
    As the seller, you must:
    Remove the vehicle's license plates and surrender them to any NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office or regional service center, provided the plates are not being transferred to another vehicle.
    Sign the back of the title, and include the following information:
    Name and address of the buyer.
    Date of sale.
    If there is no room on the title or there is a discrepancy in the reading you must also fill out and sign a Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form OS/SS-2).

I have to agree - you need to explain to the cops/DMV exactly what’s happened and what’s happening the plates. At this point, the plates are stolen, but you know exactly where they are.

#157 6 months ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

At this point I’d be worried this is part of a larger scam. Disengage. Completely. Keep all records And quietly report the plates as stolen. There’s always the chance the cops know the guy and he has tried this before

Just stop talking to the guy. The deal was done when he put down his money and drove off.

Report the plates stolen to the police and report his name and what he is trying to pull so there is record of it.

Inform guy "were done" and block, save all texts and documents just in case.

#158 6 months ago

You don't have any idea what this dude did to your truck after taking it home. Just stop responding to him, it appears he's trying to scam you. $5000 to fix a leak and lights... is Elon Musk doing these repairs?

Someone said it before - lesson learned here is Buyer Beware and Seller Cover Your Ass.

I had a dude try to scam me on eBay/Paypal recently with some DJ equipment. He first complained about the shipping charge, so I comped that and even upgraded it to 2-day for him. He opened up a claim the day it arrived saying it never arrived. A week later, claimed his wife hid it from him as a joke. Another week later opened up another claim saying that it was missing items from the box (which was disclosed on the listing). Paypal held my money and took almost two weeks to decide in my favor.

10 WEEKS later, the dude opens another claim saying it doesn't work. I get into the dispute process with PayPal and send them a link to a video that I posted to YouTube the day I sold it (even filmed the current date on my computer), showing all functions working and the serial number. They resolved that dispute the next day.

CYA, sellers!

#159 6 months ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Absolutely agreed that you should have reported the plates STOLEN, not lost. Now you just lied to authorities after 15 or more arm chair experts told you what to do. You have done more to harm yourself in this entire operation than the Jerky Jersey boy. I just went through the entire thread again, and I am coming to the conclusion that you are a drama seeker. You got 7500 for a vehicle that most would not pay 3000 for(no matter how much went under the hood), so that is your saving grace, but you either love the drama(likely) with this thread, or you are just so meek that you refuse to do the proper steps to even protect yourself properly. I am still quite perplexed as to why you surrendered your plates with the sale in the first place!

You can't be serious. ....right?

#160 6 months ago

I told the lady at dmv what happened and she said I can only report them as lost

#161 6 months ago

<blockquote cite="#4590952"

If vehicle is over 10 years old no odometer reading needed.

#162 6 months ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Drama queen much are you? It's up to the authorities to determine whether the plates are lost or stolen. The OP didn't "lie". In fact, most jurisdictions only allow you to report "lost/stolen". They don't let you decide which. Good gawd dude.

#163 6 months ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

$5000 to repair a leaky window and backup lights? That's hilarious!

Well, if it's an Audi, maybe.....

#164 6 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Sure thing. I had a guy buy my '65 dart just to get the custom CA plate, "DAWDGE".

In CA we can keep vanity plates, and they can transfer car to car, but you have to pay to keep them even if not on a car. When I moved I gave up my sweet. KLRWAL plates, had them on my wagon and and had the specialty plate to boot that had the whale tale between the KLR WAL. Here in CO we have a fishing plate that has a trout in the middle, thought that would be a funny reference, but only to me, so didn't go for the extra cost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 329.00
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside