(Topic ID: 2871)

I sold my first machine

By wesperron

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

It was the first machine I bought before I got addicted. It was like losing a good friend.
    I got a fair price but I still feel like my dog died. Oh, how great she played after a few beers...(sniff). If she wasn't so dam ugly I would have kept her......I could'nt take Arnolds face any longer.

And yes I am addicted, I bought a White Water and it arrives next week.....

Now i'm going to get drunk.

#2 13 years ago

Sorry to hear about your loss wesperron...it gets easier though...hey, have one for me too...or two, whatever.

#3 13 years ago

I'm surprised - I 'm unable to sell the first machine -
    Feeling is different ...Like the first women...

#4 13 years ago

I don't think I could do it. But then I don't find Medusa an ugly or annoying machine. You will really like Whitewater. When I have the energy I'm moving the Dancing Lady machine I just got in from the garage and putting out the SWEP1 Pin2000.

#5 13 years ago

I'm surprised - I 'm unable to sell the first machine

I cant imaging selling any of my machines, my brain rejects the thought of the idea altogether... My first is a NIB FG, shoot my FG is part of the family now!

#6 13 years ago

I couldn't sell my first one, then I'd have none! (till next week!) I think I'd sell the wife first. I'd have to flip a coin to see if the dog or pinball machine went!

#7 13 years ago

It was a Last Action Hero.

I got a hangover today.

#8 13 years ago

I've sold 6 out of 10 so far, and miss them all. I swear I don't want to sell or trade anymore, they are getting to hard to find. If I want a new one, I am going to just fold one up and put it away for awhile....

#9 13 years ago

Tomdotcom, that is a great idea...for some reason I had never thought about doing such a thing. Pins don't take up a whole lot of room when you fold them up, Thanx.

#10 13 years ago

I thought I'd never sell a pin, just keep saving and getting a new game every so often....

After realising that 3 pins at a time for ME is reasonable, with playing time/maintenance, money and space permanently getting in the way of that perfect pinball life.

But I suppose if I had endless space, time and money I guess I wouldn't ever stop buying and would never sell, eventually I would be that CRAZY OLD PINBALL GUY who lived in a pinball shaped house.

I have had 6 pins and sold 4, with a gap waiting to be filled right now.

#11 13 years ago

It's always like that - an odd feeling and an empty space

#12 13 years ago

I'll sell my first pin the first time someone offers money for it. The dirty bastard...

#13 13 years ago

wesperron - the feeling will go away when you replace it with something cool. I had a hard time letting go of Dracula, but TFTC is easing the pain

#14 13 years ago

wesperron - the feeling will go away when you replace it with something cool. I had a hard time letting go of Dracula, but TFTC is easing the pain

Your right I feel much better now....I bought a Wh2o and a NGG....

Arriving this week

#15 13 years ago

The first one is always the hardest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sold-my-first-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.