820A5832-ED76-4221-B17D-989B339EC74B (resized).jpeg
7DAF1017-2FC6-4FE1-83DC-EF436799C65C (resized).jpeg
127F128D-EDB3-4DEB-BBA8-ACF8EB0D25C3 (resized).jpeg
524BF433-E62B-432C-9129-5144E9E397C2 (resized).jpeg
F31F9DEA-97C3-4880-8F30-581C59FD49FD (resized).jpeg
7C3C49C1-DA10-4067-9FB5-049F025CAA74 (resized).jpeg
8AF074B6-D59E-4397-B792-99FE318C3510 (resized).jpeg
D12875BB-1F47-4D51-9004-EFFED7FC6B65 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JKnPA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Put games on the Bingo counter and see if it will play. Maybe the coin switch is messed up.
If it powers up............. use this link to help you T/S the bingo.
Go to 'how things work" to explain how the Bingo works.
Then others should be able to help you.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/

#17 4 years ago

Manually add games to the Credit counter.

#20 4 years ago

Manually actuate the plunger to step it up to put credits on the counter.
I never use the coin slot to play games, but that's just me.
See photo...... @ Red arrow.

ScreenHunter_200 Feb. 24 18.58 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_200 Feb. 24 18.58 (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago

I would guess possibly the credit counter (step-up step down stepper) is at maximum & there is a decrement plunger you can operate
The picture in post #15 shows the Counter at 0000.
You can move the counter both Up and Down. Maybe you are moving it in the wrong direction!
Just a thought.

#31 4 years ago

WoW......... lots of 'Negative comments" .

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Markim:

Thanks, I will check Tilt switches again. My wife bought this at an auction because she thought it looked “fun”. So now I have it in my basement I might as well try to fix it. Like most things- keeps swinging the bat and eventually you may get a home run.

There is a lot to learn with these Bingos. Take your time; after you fix one, you will be looking for another one
or two. I know........I have 12 of them!
Enjoy the 'learning process".

#64 4 years ago

Mark,
If you look at the schematic and manual, you will see that the Red/green wire is labeled #14.
You need to know the wire # when you are trying to trace wires.
See attached Pics. You need to have a copy of the Schematic and manual to T/S your Bingo.

ScreenHunter_201 Feb. 26 16.14 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_201 Feb. 26 16.14 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_202 Feb. 26 16.17 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_202 Feb. 26 16.17 (resized).jpg
#65 4 years ago

You can see info on your 'Miss universe" at this website.
Just click on the game functions. They explain what each function does.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/miss_universe/

#70 4 years ago

Mark,
Jeff Lawton ( Mr. Bingo) did a video on "Miss Universe" at the York, Pa. show a few years back.
The audio is not very good, but maybe you can learn something from it.

#72 4 years ago

Do you have Credits on the Counter ?
I'm not familiar with this bingo, but if you power the Bingo "Off' and then power it 'ON', the Credit counter
will reset to 0000.
That is why I put a lot on Credits on the Bingo when T/S.

#76 4 years ago

Where can you buy these and how hard are they to replace? This thing is becoming a real piece of work.
Thanks again,
Mark
Actually your Bingo looks very clean. Don't get discouraged, you won't learn everything in a week
or 5yrs.
Nick mentioned a Jim Holder who brought a Miss Universe to the York show a few years back.
Maybe he can help you with the 'game play' of this Bingo, if he still owns it.
I don't know his "handle" here, so I can't contact him. Maybe Nick knows how to contact him.

#97 4 years ago

Keith made a Nice short video on cleaning stepper units.
Maybe it will help you or others. I always clean all my stepper units before I even power on a Bingo.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Markim:

The timer does seem to keep a accurate ball count. Thanks I forgot to mention that Nick.
I thought that the B2 should energize when the 2nd ball is lifted, but it does after the 2nd ball is shot through the gate.
I will double check all this again.
Also, The machine came with this Balley coin lubricant. Where would you use this on the machine?
Thanks Mark
[quoted image]

I believe the 'Before 2' relay energizes when the 2nd ball is lifted...... then there is no ball on that trough sw.
**** Hence you have a play choice before shooting the 2nd ball.
The relay is energized thru contacts 7 & 6 on the Timer......see manual page 29.
likewise relay "Before 3" gets energized when the 3rd ball is lifted ( not shot), and the timer should
have advanced one step to connect contacts 10 & 9.
**** Nick is correct........ you should check that the Timer is advancing, and the trough switches are
switching properly when the balls are lifted.
*** See schematic at location A 18.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Count on it! I am bummed by the fact that I cannot be of more help now - but at least you understand - setting that thing up by yourself (not to mention loading it into the truck) is a BEAST!

All you need is a hand truck and a table cart ......
The table cart is very convenient for moving your bingo inside your house.
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/lifts-cranes-stands/hydraulic-lifts-carts/500-lbs-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

#130 4 years ago

Its hard to believe that the 'Spider wipers' were misplaced, since they are on two different sections of the Bingo....
Its more likely the previous owner worked on the Timer and got the wrong part as a replacement.
Its always nice to know the previous owner, but in most cases that is not the norm. He probably couldn't fix the bingo and gave Up on it.
If you don't find the 'Spider", I would try to get another complete Timer unit in case you have
solder issues with the Timer wiring.
Its a learning process.......
**** Just my 2 cents worth. *****

#132 4 years ago

Normally when you work on something, you verify everything lines up and you operate it manually.
Especially in this case where you check the wipers are all in the correct position and the Unit
reset properly. Whoever worked on this previously didn't do a good job.
I would bet the Spot unit wipers are correct, and its just the Timer that is messed up.
Just a Guess......
**** I believe you can unscrew the lock mechanism from inside without trying to ruin the lock.

#140 4 years ago

Ok........ so you have no knowledge of the previous owner.
I'm looking at the wiring location on the unit and it doesn't match the picture in the manual.
The manual shows the wiring on the right side by the large and small holes on the card.
Your wiring is on the left side . So to me the manual and your timer unit don't coincide.
**** Also you have an extra wiper.... maybe that other poster can check his Bingo and see
what is on his unit.

ScreenHunter_203 Mar. 05 18.21 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_203 Mar. 05 18.21 (resized).jpg
#146 4 years ago

We still don't know why the Manual for the Timer doesn't match your Unit.
I'm thinking bally made a modification to this Bingo ( maybe a later version), and you don't have the
latest manual or schematic. Your bingo may be wired correctly but the manual or schematic does not
include the latest modification. That would explain that 7th wiper on the Timer.
I had this problem with one of my bingos and "Baldwit' helped me with that problem.
***** Did you ever verify the ball trough switches are working properly ? They tend to be a problem.
***** If "Xeneize"'s picture of his timer matches your timer, and his Bingo works ok; then I would say
there has been a modification to your 'Miss universe" and you don't have an updated manual or schematic. And, you still have a problem somewhere.

#154 4 years ago

Your steppers are definitely fudging things - you may have some dead bulbs or funky sockets, too. The first image none of the odds are lit, this can happen if the odds units didn't make the initial step. If that happens, there are no credits to be won! So it might have behaved appropriately (for what it expected).
..............................................................................................
Easy job........ I would start by cleaning the Green, Yellow, and Red Scoring Units.
I use fine sand paper and Isopropyl ( 90%) alcohol; just to do small areas if I'm lazy!
Otherwise you can take the wipers off and use a green scrub pad like Keith did in the
video I posted in Post #97.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Markim:

Still not sure what to do with that lock

If I remember I broke the inner black retaining clip off with a large screwdriver. That way you can get
to one side to remove the glass.
You can always buy a new set of locks/key if you want; but since its in your house, I wouldn't
worry about locking it.
It won't be the last time you take out the Backglass to work on something!

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

If you still make SURE you get all the metal buts caught on a towel or something. They will cause serious problems floating around.

That is why I did not recommend drilling it.
What ever works........
*** Nick....... Best wishes.

2 months later
#168 3 years ago

Just thought I would post something....
Did you ever get the lock open?
**** best wishes ****

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JKnPA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-should-not-have-done-it?tu=JKnPA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.