Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Strummy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180603_223809 (resized).jpg
    503C0CE5-8BF8-4A80-985C-619DC8DE6702 (resized).jpeg
    20180520_190441 (resized).jpg
    drive (resized).PNG
    return (resized).PNG
    1526783950132440905797 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Ok...So here's where I stand. I friend suggested that I may have shorted a chip for switch matrix on mpu. I checked for all dead switches. I found these are dead:
    Right ramp switch
    Right orbit switch
    No mini playfield switches work at all
    Cannon opto and mechanical both don't work
    Cannon fire switch not working

Your drive 4 is out (J1, pin5), and return 11 (J12, pin 7). Pretty sure you have pulled a wire somewhere along the line. Check the green drive wire that runs between all these switches..
    drive (resized).PNGdrive (resized).PNG
    And the tan return wires from these ones..
    return (resized).PNGreturn (resized).PNG

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I cannot find any wires disconnected. I did test all the LEDs RGB. That all works fine. So it appears that that row is the issue Time Bandit. But if it is not a pulled wire is it a chip or something?

See if you have 3V at J1, Pin5. Red probe on the pin, black on ground anywhere.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

This is what I got

Well I'm pretty sure you're getting a strobing signal from there. The switch drive pulses between 0-4ish volts, so on average you get a percentage of that. On a scope it looks like this..
    503C0CE5-8BF8-4A80-985C-619DC8DE6702 (resized).jpeg503C0CE5-8BF8-4A80-985C-619DC8DE6702 (resized).jpeg
    In this range though, the difference between 2.65V and 3.1V(which is what I get on a working machine) is significant, so there could be a chip problem, but you would need a scope to be sure. The difference may be in our meters.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Interesting. A few people have said that it may be a chip problem. But what does that exactly mean?

I'm not sure on all the ways a chip problem will manifest. I always thought if it was dead it was dead and you'd get nothing. That's how most things fail. I would think you wouldn't get a strobe signal at all.

You should probably check all your switch diodes as well. Occam's razor and all that..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-screwed-up-my-ac-dc-premium?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.