You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Transporter_finished_smaller_file.jpg
Transporter_finished_2.JPG
#1 13 years ago

Hi,

I restored Transporter the Rescue and love it. It has prototype roms in in. I am kinda a Pinball noob, should I replace them? Everything works perfectly but there are newer versions available.

Kurt

#2 13 years ago

Here are a couple pictures. The playfield was coated with Chroma Clear after removing layers and layers of mylar.

#3 13 years ago

That looks great. For some reason I've always wanted to see and play that game. I guess because of the low production numbers and it just looks so weird.

If it were me, I'd update the ROMs. I imagine there are a few changes from the prototype version.

#4 13 years ago

looks awesome, Great job. I loved that pin since the first time I saw it. I would swap the roms since it would play better, but keep the prototypes on hand for the history/nostalgia factor. What features do the updated roms have vs. the prototypes?

#5 13 years ago

Thanks!

I will order the new Roms and save the prototypes, it will be interested in how it changes the game if any. I tried to find the changes online but could not find them documented anywhere.

I love the game. It has great sound and a fun gameplay. All you have to do is hit drop targets, load the spaceship with 2 balls, then hit the transporter which beams em to the mothership.

I like the theme since I am kinda into the whole extraterrestrial thing. I was able to add my own message to the display. I put on "Please be informed that there is a Santa Claus" hehe for all the alien nutcakes like me.

Attached is one more picture thats closer.

Transporter_finished_smaller_file.jpgTransporter_finished_smaller_file.jpg

#6 13 years ago

Wow! What a great looking machine. I never heard of it before now. Less than 900 made!
I'm jealous. That is fantastic. Where do I find one of these?

#7 13 years ago

Thats a really cool machine and you have done a great job. Thanks for sharing.

#8 13 years ago

Awesome, looks great.

#9 13 years ago

I've only seen and played that game once back in the early 90's. It's a pretty cool machine. I think it was one of the first Bally pins under WMS that used the Williams board set, if I'm not mistaken.

That's a great looking sample you got there

G

#10 13 years ago

I haven't looked it up yet, but I will. Did Python do the artwork on Transporter? It looks like his top down style. It is awesome. I would love to have just about every game Python Anghelo has done artwork on.

Update: He didn't do the art on it, but it sure looks like his style, I still love it.

If I had the space and cash I would definately add Taxi, Pinbot, Big Guns, Cyclone, Fishtales, Highspeed, Jokers!, and even though he did not do the art for them a Transporter and Fire! I think they are some of the nicest looking pins around.

#11 13 years ago

I hope to one day see and play this machine!

#12 13 years ago

Hey thanks all for the kudos on the restoration and I love the artwork as well. It kinda looks like the alien in "Alien" hmmm it was made after it.

This machine was on ebay a local shop bought it and got it working. I put way too much into it but I like the feel of it.

The games I have are Spy Hunter, Strange Science, Transporter and I just bought Indiana Jones, 93 yesterday.

#13 13 years ago

Saw one at the RM Pin show.

#14 13 years ago

nice machine - they have a really nice one at papa if any of you head out to pittsburgh, played a lot of it last time was out there - great artwork!!

#15 12 years ago

Some of the best artwork ever! Thanks for posting, would love to try one someday! Post a HD video to youtube

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-restored-transporter-the-rescue-and-was-wondering-about-roms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.