Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Really need some help , just pick up a Haunted House , my first system 80 pin.
It have the Pascal Janin board , all the fuse are good , all the GI are lighting up but game does not boot and there is no display , if i let the game on for a little while i can hear the attract sound but that s it.

Should i start with re pinning the connector or looking for something else ...

Mike

#2 9 years ago

Start with checking the voltages on all boards to see if they are correct.

#3 9 years ago

... which I'm going to guess is going to lead you to the power supply.

#4 9 years ago

Well my machine is equiped with only sound board and Pascal Janin 4 in 1 board , the connector are all original except one , you think I should start with this ?

#5 9 years ago

You still need to check voltages to make sure power is getting to the board from the transformers. Connectors are something that could possibly be causing issues.

#6 9 years ago

Where do i check the voltage going to the board ??

I dont know from which connector is coming the power , but i see power leds ground and 12 V are lighted when i power on the machine.

Mike

#7 9 years ago

Start with the power supply, check the test points on that board, then move on to the other boards. They should all have test points on them. Refer to the manual for proper voltages at each TP.

#8 9 years ago

Wow, I'm sorry! Comprehension problems today. The others are right, check that the board is getting the proper supply from the transformer.

Haunted house has two, I'm speaking of the larger.

#9 9 years ago

Here is a few pics of the backbox , boards and where i think test point are , ill report back when tested

IMG_2139.JPGIMG_2139.JPG IMG_2140.JPGIMG_2140.JPG IMG_2143.JPGIMG_2143.JPG IMG_2145.JPGIMG_2145.JPG
#10 9 years ago

A2J1 is looking a little funky. Board has test point for ground and bvoltages right in the section with LEDs.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

A2J1 is looking a little funky.

Is that what plug it is? I'm not drunk enough to see that last pic.

#12 9 years ago

Seems to me I've seen in other threads that Pascal will help you if you contact him. Don't know if there is any truth to that but could be worth a try.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Really need some help , just pick up a Haunted House , my first system 80 pin.

Mike
Did the Pin work when you picked it up? If it did, I'd recheck all your connections and connectors to make sure they are going to the correct location, they are installed correctly and the wires are inserted into the connector contacts securely. Might also be a good idea to use a magnifying glass and sheck all the contacts for corrosion, damage, etc.

Since you have a Pascal replacement all in one PCB, I tend to think that the Pascal PCB is OK. Pascal's PCBs are rock solid and he has designed a lot of safety features into his PCBs to avoid having coils lock on, etc.

if it didn't work, well, we're all here to help out.

#14 9 years ago

pdman , the pin was not working when picked up , the previous owner had it for 1 year and it always worked ok but when he moved it to a shop it stopped working , all connectors have been double checked , just made some voltage test on the board , most are ok except the TP for 8V , give me 0.16 v

#15 9 years ago

RWH , i contacted Pascal , waiting for a response !!

#16 9 years ago

Good move contacting Pascal. Great guy. If there is a problem on his PCB , He will definitely. know what's wrong. good luck

10 months later
#17 9 years ago

connectors connectors connectors. I see they are original. You can replace these with standard .156 pins. that may eliminate a lot of your issues.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from bumgahdna:

connectors connectors connectors. I see they are original. You can replace these with standard .156 pins. that may eliminate a lot of your issues.

^^^ What he said.
Combined with what was previously posted -- plug at A2J1 looks pretty gnarly and would probably be the easiest of all of them to replace. Probably good idea to repin or replace them all ... but that black double sided bugger can be the tough one to repin (pins are NLA).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-really-need-system-80-experts-help-haunted-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.