Spared no expense.jpg
Worth what we charge you.gif
image-941.jpg
147404.gif
MMR2.jpg
STP.png
n50cb650e9ae9b_large.gif
MMR.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballphil:

OK, First I'm a little reluctant to even post this and I'll try to explain why. I have been in the Home Arcade business full-time since 1978 and have never seen such a buzz about a new release before. My main business is home service calls and I am very busy in the Chicagoland area. I only say that because I am not a regular pinsider and don't really have time to get too involved. I can offer periodical updates. I've been dealing with Chicago Gaming for 20 years. I was involved since the beginning of this project as well as their successful Arcade Legends game. I personally know the owner of the factory producing this game and I can say that they are a very reputable company that have been in business for over 100 years. They build many cabinets for many coin-op brands. I've even seen an antique trade stimulator that had their name stamped on the cabinet inside. All this as a background for those that don't know me to understand why I have no reason to make this up but rather would like to share in my excitement.
Now for the best news!! I just played the prototype yesterday. It is awesome! It plays just like the original with their new electronics. It's still early in the stages but it is a phenomenal copy of the original. It is running with Williams software and their own new electronics. I will say from a technician's view, the new system is incredible. It will make service so easy. Connectors for switches, no lamp or switch matrix, interchangeable processor/driver boards, a reliable cpu, a lot less wires. Did I say a lot less wires, I mean like hardly any! As for reliability, these surface mount LED's and components have improved so dramatically, there is no reason to ever consider building a pinball the old way. As for the LED's, they look great! Their light fill the lenses completely, with a perfect hue and no strobing at all. The cabinet and playfield graphics looks better than any repro I've seen. I've seen it right next to an original.
Anybody that knows me knows this is true. I don't need to endorse anything and this pinball doesn't need me to help sell it. Obviously it sells itself. 1000 in 3 hours has to be a record. Major kudos to the crew at Chicago Gaming and Planetary Pinball, they hit a homerun!
Sincerely, Phil Hubbert @ Arcades At Home

In your honest opinion does it seem like $8,000 worth of a machine?
It just seems with so much stuff reduced, I.e., wires, boards and R&D that $8000 would give you something way and beyond just a replica of a MM.

#18 10 years ago

I have no problem with them making money I just want to know the game doesn't need additional upgrades like speaker system, plastic protectors and such. For the money they are charging the games should be "upgraded" with these items, IMO of course.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My mother would never let me drop a teacher from grade school to high school because she wanted me to have to deal with all kinds of people. Just ignoring people will not work at your place of employment, public forums, etc.
It's part of life.

Works great on public forums, at work not so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-played-the-new-medieval-madness-pinball-yesterday?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.