Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbo20lbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

Played 2 different Pros at Enchanted Castle in Lombard, IL on Tuesday. Both were fairly loud and could hear sound very well.

Pros:

1. PF art/quality is awesome. Clear coat looked damn good as well.

2. Good ramps design, satisfying and even lame shots from me could still make it up and around the left ramp.

3. Translite looked nice, but semi dull under the florescent, perhaps an LED panel could give it more life

4. Had great ball action overall and was fun to play even on early code.

5. Sparky callouts were much better in person than video, however most band call outs still suck

6. Killer DMD animations and quality

Cons:

1. Pro cabinet art is lame, this does nothing for me and looks somewhat cheap. While the PF has similar style, the PF art has much more depth. I would never buy a Donny Premium because of this.

2. This is minor and easily fixable by end user, but they have the same stupid sound setup like Xmen had, where majority of sound comes thru the cabinet speaker. Who the hell designed this crap? Please put it back to the way it was in the past. I could have rocked out much more if the backbox had the music blaring more.

3. While ramps are designed well, the metal has a chincy feel to them. Reminds me of T3 ramp quality. The wire habitrails are great though.

4. Nearly pointless magnets. We are not getting much action from them. Xmen and IM blow away Metallica in this department There's not much "whip" action you can accomplish on the Sparky magnet (due to lack of space?), and DEFINITELY jack shit you can do with the grave marker magnet besides hold the ball. I suppose increasing strength/timing via software may help, but it seems unlikely due to positioning.

Conclusion: Game has great potential and seems promising, but time will tell as always. I am mostly concerned that the Sparky shot is too easy and repetitive, along with the lame magnet action. I will certainly wait to play a Premium or LE before ordering anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbo20lbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-played-metallica-pro-today?tu=turbo20lbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.