Played 2 different Pros at Enchanted Castle in Lombard, IL on Tuesday. Both were fairly loud and could hear sound very well.
1. PF art/quality is awesome. Clear coat looked damn good as well.
2. Good ramps design, satisfying and even lame shots from me could still make it up and around the left ramp.
3. Translite looked nice, but semi dull under the florescent, perhaps an LED panel could give it more life
4. Had great ball action overall and was fun to play even on early code.
5. Sparky callouts were much better in person than video, however most band call outs still suck
6. Killer DMD animations and quality
1. Pro cabinet art is lame, this does nothing for me and looks somewhat cheap. While the PF has similar style, the PF art has much more depth. I would never buy a Donny Premium because of this.
2. This is minor and easily fixable by end user, but they have the same stupid sound setup like Xmen had, where majority of sound comes thru the cabinet speaker. Who the hell designed this crap? Please put it back to the way it was in the past. I could have rocked out much more if the backbox had the music blaring more.
3. While ramps are designed well, the metal has a chincy feel to them. Reminds me of T3 ramp quality. The wire habitrails are great though.
4. Nearly pointless magnets. We are not getting much action from them. Xmen and IM blow away Metallica in this department There's not much "whip" action you can accomplish on the Sparky magnet (due to lack of space?), and DEFINITELY jack shit you can do with the grave marker magnet besides hold the ball. I suppose increasing strength/timing via software may help, but it seems unlikely due to positioning.
Conclusion: Game has great potential and seems promising, but time will tell as always. I am mostly concerned that the Sparky shot is too easy and repetitive, along with the lame magnet action. I will certainly wait to play a Premium or LE before ordering anything.