Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626.gif
image.jpg
camarocarplace_com_3_Small.jpg
tumblr_lss8vxmfH31r4wwzvo1_500.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_1331.jpg
images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One person's bug is another person's unfinished game.

I guess you could say that but...I have found over the years that trying to determine if some of the newer Stern games were good by playing them earlier on was near impossible. I had an early TDK machine and even though some of the toys looked cool, the gameplay sucked. I did not realize how unfinished the code was and sold it. I think the later finished code made that game much better.

I, like RareHero (not sure if that was from this thread but am too lazy to search his recent quote), am growing tired of speculating on new machines when some work out and others are dogs. I have a MET Pro in my garage right now and think the toys and ramps are interesting but gameplay seems lacking but do believe code updates will help this one. I have not committed to buying it however and in its present state would not do so.

I think for people who are starting their collection or for those who have infinite room for collections and would collect almost anything, speculation on whether the code will improve a game is probably moot. But for those of us with mature collections who are deciding whether to trade a position in our line ups, this type of speculation is getting tiring and unfortunately we will just have to wait until a machine establishes itself and pay a premium price if it makes it big. This holds true for most of us more silent collectors except the aggressive buyer/seller collector who will speculate and sell if the machine is not up to their standard. I, for one, do not have the time or patience for this type of collecting but envy those that do.

Back to my point, I believe a bug does not inhibit my ability to see the gameplay and depth of a game as severly as substantial unfinished code. This difference makes it difficult for me to decide on a game early in its life and as a result I may have to pay premium mark ups to purchase some of these Stern games in the future if they work out. Just a pet peeve of mine, but for others, I understand why it may not be such a problem

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-played-metallica-and?tu=GoldenBear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.