Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626.gif
image.jpg
camarocarplace_com_3_Small.jpg
tumblr_lss8vxmfH31r4wwzvo1_500.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_1331.jpg
images.jpg
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago

my fav was kirk saying something like "That snake has a weird diet". I only remember hearing it once I think after multiball or a snake lock or something. Dunno why but it cracked me up. I actually like alot of the snake callouts, probably because they're so ridiculous.

The snake owes me money!

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

At least it has call outs unlike hardly any in AC/DC!

In this specific instance, I'd take zero over what we do have. It's not enough to affect my enjoyment of the game though, so I hope people aren't taking my criticisms and blowing out of proportion.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Dunno why but it cracked me up. I actually like alot of the snake callouts, probably because they're so ridiculous.
The snake owes me money!

The snake must have bought some of his art collection at the auction and not paid up ....

Cursed snake!

Quite cool when you keep slamming shots in Snake Multiball. The Snake can't speak fast enough to keep up

Jaaaaaaaaaackpot. Jaaaaaaaaackpot. Jaaaaaaaaaackpot.

rd.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not only is Metallica hard as f*ck, the ramps on Metallica whip back to the flippers faster than pretty much any game, IMO. I wonder if their game had the back legs down or coils set on soft or something.

sure your coils aren't set on "soft"? ever stop to think some people are just better at certain games than others? even better than you?

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Dude's a jedi. WR corp coming in is going to be sick. RBs are going to explode.

i think johnny will explode first.

#206 10 years ago

Always hated their music. Went to BRs and played his totally Moded Met pro, bought it on the spot. Great pin! Thanks for his great work Blinging this out.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Their working on that broken shit, That's were I play. The acdc cannon went out on Tuesday 7/23, and the T3 RPG has been fixed twice since they got there. WPT is in good shape, so is TZ and X-men, Met prem is fine, Avengers is getting replaced I believe, TFTC was ok on Tuesday as well. Their tech is a vid guy not a pin guy, I'm hoping to get hired for the weekends and perform some repairs on the machines and clean em.

Check your PM man!

#208 10 years ago

I've played a bunch the last couple weeks on location and really like the game. I understand the complaints from people who don't like the fan layout, but it's always worked well for me. Still don't understand all the rules, but it plays fast which goes great with the music. The artwork is some of the best on a pinball machine in some time.

Little strapped for space until I move out to the suburbs, but this will definitely be on my buy list when I do open up some room.

#209 10 years ago

I just played a premium last night and it as fast as all hell. I had a couple of times where the ball got past my flippers without me knowing it and the ball hit the apron and came back on the playfield it hit so hard/fast. It made the acdcltbr seem slow. Pretty cool game, needs some polish, of course. It's got potential, for sure. sparky intro to multiball is pretty cool.

#210 10 years ago

I love reading through threads like this. There is a whole lot of kettle black going on, anyone else notice? hhhmmmmm... agenda? Who here sells games as well as pumping them up to be the greatest ever before anyone has played one? The rating system is as failed as the thread jumping system.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

the ball hit the apron and came back on

I don't have exact statistics, but I've seen a lot of Lazarus balls on Metallica (the Pro), and have had a number of my own. I'd say at least half of my games have had a Lazarus ball or two. I wonder why?

#212 10 years ago

Plastic apron

#213 10 years ago

Yup. Ball rebounds way harder off the plastic. Happens on my Tron Pro a lot too.

#214 10 years ago

premiums have plastic aprons?

#215 10 years ago

They do now. The cheapening(tm) continues

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They do now. The cheapening(tm) continues

No they don't unless something changed in the last couple weeks

#217 10 years ago

Can tell for a fact that Acdc premium has à plastic apron. Reasonable safe to assume same applies for Metallica premium

#218 10 years ago

I have a buddy with both a Met Premium and ACDC Premium. The Met has a metal apron and the ACDC has a plastic apron.

#219 10 years ago

I have a premium and it has a metal apron...They still bounce up alot, I think it is because of the way they have the flippers offset.

Phoebe

#220 10 years ago

The Metallica LE has a metal apron, but I was just assuming that the Pro had a plastic apron. My assumption proved faulty and exposed an untruth. The Libelnami will hopefully not wash me out to sea.

But hey, at least it gave metallik a chance to dick kick Stern! Even though you substituted Premium for Pro in your post, no one else noticed. You win. 1 to nothing.

#221 10 years ago

To me Metallica is a great game. Best Borg game ever for sure.

#222 10 years ago

i shouldn't have posted a premium review in a thread with met pro tagged, i guess. I wasn't about to start another friggin' "I played game X" thread as that's what the reviews are for. thought i'd try to put my two cents about speed in an existing thread. oops.

#223 10 years ago

Even my wife Loves our Metallica LE. Her other favorites are Addams Family and Twilight Zone. Metallica is a fun game for all and the music fits pinball. I can't wait for the new code.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i shouldn't have posted a premium review in a thread with met pro tagged, i guess. I wasn't about to start another friggin' "I played game X" thread as that's what the reviews are for. thought i'd try to put my two cents about speed in an existing thread. oops.

I honestly hadn't noticed, until the trash talk started and I realized mine had a metal apron.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Even my wife Loves our Metallica LE. Her other favorites are Addams Family and Twilight Zone. Metallica is a fun game for all and the music fits pinball. I can't wait for the new code.

Same here!

I cant wait to see the nect Stern now...
I was anti-stern before Acdc now with
MetallicA its gone to another level...keep
pinball Alive Stern.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can tell for a fact that Acdc premium has à plastic apron. Reasonable safe to assume same applies for Metallica premium

Even AC/DC LE has a plastic apron (but clear red like TFLE). There's no formula...this varies from game to game. Avengers LE has a metal apron w/ light up windows, but Prem has plastic. Metallica LE & Prem have metal w/ light up windows.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I was just assuming that the Pro had a plastic apron.

It did. Didn't think about the differences in elasticity between metal and plastic. Thanks!

#228 10 years ago

I just played the pro? (the one with the picture of the band, not that terrible cartoon BS) and really like it. the machine was set up a little slow and leaned to the left, but made it a little easier so i could at least get a good game going. really nice layout, LOVE the metal ramps, inline drop targets and the ball lock. the lighting also stuck out as being pretty good. was able to get three of the multiballs going. the orbit wasn't working but i think that's how it was designed. not a huge metallica fan, but the music goes well with the game.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Same here!
I cant wait to see the nect Stern now...
I was anti-stern before Acdc now with
MetallicA its gone to another level...keep
pinball Alive Stern.

Just out of curiosity, what about SM, TSPP, IM, or LOTR didn't win you over where AC/DC and Metallica did?

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

I just played the pro? (the one with the picture of the band, not that terrible cartoon BS) and really like it. the machine was set up a little slow and leaned to the left, but made it a little easier so i could at least get a good game going. really nice layout, LOVE the metal ramps, inline drop targets and the ball lock. the lighting also stuck out as being pretty good. was able to get three of the multiballs going. the orbit wasn't working but i think that's how it was designed. not a huge metallica fan, but the music goes well with the game.

Sounds like the Road Case Premium.

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Just out of curiosity, what about SM, TSPP, IM, or LOTR didn't win you over where AC/DC and Metallica did?

The cheap plastic before ...even on Acdc the dancing band Pfff!
The Simpson toys that comes from Walmart...

It looks like they are getting into custom stuff and left the plastic aside!

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

The cheap plastic before ...even on Acdc the dancing band Pfff!
The Simpson toys that comes from Walmart...
It looks like they are getting into custom stuff and left the plastic aside!

Hmm, I've never heard those games described as cheap before, aside from IM. They have every bit as much as a Bally/Williams game. Heck, AC/DC has more than Metallica does. I'd not call either cheap.

I guess perception is a funny thing though.

#233 10 years ago

I don't mind the plastic at all..

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

At least it has call outs unlike hardly any in AC/DC!

There's actually a lot in ACDC, especially with family mode off and insult level set to high.

#235 10 years ago

Well I don't care about the plastic vs metal apron. I like the wire forms and appreciate pre drilling for the shaker. I find the Pro to be a sick game.
By the way play this game "Baked". Its friggin crazy : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-played-metallica-and/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.