Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626.gif
image.jpg
camarocarplace_com_3_Small.jpg
tumblr_lss8vxmfH31r4wwzvo1_500.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_1331.jpg
images.jpg
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 10 years ago

That's pretty funny, A hypocrite calling someone a troll. Not sure how ill sleep tonight. Why should we give a company slack when one of his big criticisms of the competition was games being released with unfinished code.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

'll spell it out, for the last time. Stern = just needs code. WoZ, and for WoZ only, other factors are coming into play. In my opinion, if the company that has all that going on needs some extra time for the code, and they need to release their game for whatever reason before that code is done, I think it's okay. And even if you don't, that's not the point, the point is you can't compare the two.

Bullshit. People compare them all the time. Constantly.

#153 10 years ago

Someone mentioned in the tags and spilled the beans. I was officially hired as a full time boytoy for my new master. Wish me luck guys!

camarocarplace_com_3_Small.jpgcamarocarplace_com_3_Small.jpg

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Someone mentioned in the tags and spilled the beans. I was officially hired as a full time boytoy for my new master. Wish me luck guys!

Good luck! Just don't hurt him or call him names...

#155 10 years ago

Not directed towards anyone in particular...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

played it a second time, it still sucks and the best part was a band was playing in the background so I couldn't hear the terrible callouts for most of the game. It was only terrible when they weren't playing.

Heard The band was playing some Boy Goerge, Wham and Ricky Martin !!!

Band callouts to audience was : throw me you panties boys!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

played it a second time, it still sucks and the best part was a band was playing in the background so I couldn't hear the terrible callouts for most of the game. It was only terrible when they weren't playing.

And You rated Metallica LE at 1 WOW

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from JeanJean1968Jean:

And You rated Metallica LE at 1 WOW

Yeah, sad that a couple of these guys with their silly agenda's make them do things like this... abuse the system.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, sad that a couple of these guys with their silly agenda's make them do things like this... abuse the system.

Ya it's sad alright about 4 people rated it a perfect 10! Even with unfinished code but that’s OK

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ya it's sad alright about 4 people rated it a perfect 10! Even with unfinished code but that’s OK

None of its ok! Its an abused system and really serves no purpose other than being used as another weapon in the war that pinball has become...

#161 10 years ago

Does anyone really decide that they're gonna buy or not buy a machine from looking at the ratings for it?
If you buy a machine on what someone else says or rates a machine before youve played it yourself, it's your own problem when you don't like it.
Rating a machine without playing it a ton is also silly...I don't even think I've rated all the games I own! Nowhere close ready to rate Met, but I know I really like it right now(even without the finished code), and I feel lucky that my 1st NIB was a hit for me.
I look at the ratings just to remind me what games I still want to play but haven't yet.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I played MET and feel justified in rating both pinside versions (Pro and LE/Prem). I made adjustments for the LE rating as I currently see fit based on the FEW categories of difference between the Pro and LE.

Really? Cause that's sketch........ I can see why ppl give you crap on it. Rate what you play, Don't rate what you don't play. "honesty is the best policy..."

I played a Met prem road case ed. in the wild btw. The ramps were smooth and faster than what people made them out to be (faster than the left or right ramp on acdc). Art was good, the songs were nice, not the same implementation on them as was on acdc, call outs were good (im ok with the forth wall being broken in non family atmosphere) only thing to hurt flow was the loop post but I see why it is there... so the pops get fed. The hammer is a nice touch as is the raising cross. Right ramp is backhandable, the stand up drops are the same in that manner too. Does it feel clunky? Answer... only if your missing shots.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Does anyone really decide that they're gonna buy or not buy a machine from looking at the ratings for it?
If you buy a machine on what someone else says or rates a machine before youve played it yourself, it's your own problem when you don't like it.
Rating a machine without playing it a ton is also silly...I don't even think I've rated all the games I own! Nowhere close ready to rate Met, but I know I really like it right now(even without the finished code), and I feel lucky that my 1st NIB was a hit for me.
I look at the ratings just to remind me what games I still want to play but haven't yet.

Yes, I think there are people who use the top 100 list as a shipping list. Yes, it is silly, but it still happens.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My typical score was 40mil plus even with my bad games. It was EASY to score big at this stage. Absolutely garunteed a multiball each game with Sparky and the vast majority of the time I would get another multiball every game. LRLRLR ramp combos were easy and got repetitive quickly as they do not return to flip quickly enough to make it difficult.I honestly am s pretty crappy player (ask anyone of the WI locals) and I was consistently putting up 50mil plus each game.

Slope musta been set easy not a drain monster everywhere I've played it very quick playing. Average 20 million best was about 70 million. I have an extremly hard time with the ramps I don't even shoot for them anymore on tournament settings like that its almost impossible unless you get real low like lyman and line it perfect.

#166 10 years ago

Hahaha can't believe how people will fight till death about ratings

keep going....

Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626.gifEating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626.gif

#167 10 years ago

What is one man's interpretation as merely about the ratings, is another man's assessment of the credibility and value of community members.

#168 10 years ago

Ratings are way overrated. I just find it fun to see where pins are on my own list which is really why I rate pins. I'm not to interested in how others rate pins and don't get worked up over it. Not a big deal IMO.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ratings are way overrated. I just find it fun to see where pins are on my own list which is really why I rate pins. I'm not to interested in how others rate pins and don't get worked up over it. Not a big deal IMO.

There is truth in there. But when someone gets to rating a game they haven't touched, or some people start giving out 1s to intentionally knock something down, it gets pretty bogus and petty. That is annoying, whether you ultimately care about the ratings or not.

#170 10 years ago

Pfff

comfypopcorn-380719.jpgcomfypopcorn-380719.jpg

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Same guys giving me shit have rated METLE even though it does not have finished code. IF all of them go delete their rating, then I will delete mine!
I would bet good money that the current code vs finished code on LE is a much bigger difference to game play than the pro features vs LE features. When I play the LE (soon) I will go adjust my ratings as I see fit. Others will just adjust his ratings when the next LE drops so it will the the hot chick on the block so he can flip it for more $.
It is pretty obvious to some of these guys that the only thing which matters to them is 'protecting' their investment and flipping NIB games for as much as possible. Unfortunately, these same people also believe that noobs are their greatest prey and noobs often rely on the pinside ratings to buy what is hot.
Thunderking (10.0) TeeKee (9.76) both have rated the LE a perfect game or near perfect and the code is far from done>>> OH the OUTRAGE

FFS a pin is for fun,not an investment.
In the UK it cost me approx $10k - the most I have ever spent on ANYTHING bar my house.
If it ends up being worth less-well tought crap to me-thats the way it goes.
As it stands,I am a bit miffed - in as much as the coffin lock ie magnet drop/sense seems screwed on most/some/all prem/le's for what you guys class as "abroad".
The new 1.18 software makes it nearly bearable,as opposed to a mare and not working 95%of the time.
I am hoping that over time,that is properly fixed,and also rules get more in depth-even basics such as only limited mystery awards.I am sure that will be fixed in the future,and the rules will be more in depth,as at the mo IMO it is WIP at present.
That being said(bar the magnet issue),a very promising start that I am sure will get better.For me rating at the mo is kinda fruitless,and I will rate it 4 months or so down the line

poibug

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Really? Cause that's sketch........ I can see why ppl give you crap on it. Rate what you play, Don't rate what you don't play. "honesty is the best policy..."
I played a Met prem road case ed. in the wild btw. The ramps were smooth and faster than what people made them out to be (faster than the left or right ramp on acdc). Art was good, the songs were nice, not the same implementation on them as was on acdc, call outs were good (im ok with the forth wall being broken in non family atmosphere) only thing to hurt flow was the loop post but I see why it is there... so the pops get fed. The hammer is a nice touch as is the raising cross. Right ramp is backhandable, the stand up drops are the same in that manner too. Does it feel clunky? Answer... only if your missing shots.

agreed

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There is truth in there. But when someone gets to rating a game they haven't touched, or some people start giving out 1s to intentionally knock something down, it gets pretty bogus and petty. That is annoying, whether you ultimately care about the ratings or not.

I agree the bogas 1's and the bogus 10's

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

The ratings thing is just about as retarded as the Price Police lol.

#175 10 years ago

I drove 3 hours today round trip just to play Metallica (premium).

Most beautiful playfield & lighting I've ever seen on a Stern!

Not sure yet what I think of it... The code is unfinished & the location I went to had all 4 legs at their lowest so it played frustratingly slow = I did not rate the game

At this stage (from what I gathered) it doesn't have much meat/taters as far as modes go.

To me it seems more like an Iron Man instead of a LOTR

Still fun, might get one when the code is done!

#176 10 years ago

Flanker, you need to get rid of that ugly thang, the rack is too big and she's way to skinny...

Let's argue about a real ranking!

1 Alabama (59) 13-1 1475
2 Oregon 12-1 1358
3 Ohio State 12-0 1302
4 Notre Dame 12-1 1288
5 Georgia 12-2 1230
5 Texas A&M 11-2 1230
7 Stanford 12-2 1169
8 South Carolina 11-2 1038
9 Florida 11-2 933
10 Florida State 12-2 922
11 Clemson 11-2 889
12 Kansas State 11-2 871
13 Louisville 11-2 781
14 LSU 10-3 756
15 Oklahoma 10-3 615
16 Utah State 11-2 456
17 Northwestern 10-3 443
18 Boise State 11-2 419
19 Texas 9-4 358
20 Oregon State 9-4 303
21 San Jose State 11-2 243
22 Northern Illinois 12-2 227
23 Vanderbilt 9-4 180
24 Michigan 8-5 147
25 Nebraska 10-4 119

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's argue about a real ranking!

Where the F is Wisconsin, should be about 17 in there.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Where the F is Wisconsin, should be about 17 in there.

Where r they this year? Big drop? How does Utah State, Northwestern and San Jose St make it in......no Michigan State either....

#179 10 years ago

Could be, but you know our Oline and RB's come to play every week. We shall see what this new coach brings to the table, cant wait!

#180 10 years ago

I think we can all agree Tennessee should be top 25

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think we can all agree Tennessee should be top 25

Getting rid of Fulmer to bring in Kiffin, I think they got the curse of the Babe NCAA style.

#182 10 years ago

A&M. Then the rest. Get your shots in at Johnny now. Cause when he's winning games in September, it will be old news, baby.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Get your shots in at Johnny now.

Kid is talented but I think he is going to lose focus, he best abide by this....

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Kid is talented but I think he is going to lose focus, he best abide by this....

Dude's a jedi. WR corp coming in is going to be sick. RBs are going to explode.

#185 10 years ago

Based on the thread title, I thought Jack would be the OP.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I drove 3 hours today round trip just to play Metallica (premium).
Most beautiful playfield & lighting I've ever seen on a Stern!
Not sure yet what I think of it... The code is unfinished & the location I went to had all 4 legs at their lowest so it played frustratingly slow = I did not rate the game
At this stage (from what I gathered) it doesn't have much meat/taters as far as modes go.
To me it seems more like an Iron Man instead of a LOTR
Still fun, might get one when the code is done!

Where did you have to go

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Dude's a jedi. WR corp coming in is going to be sick. RBs are going to explode.

Actually the True Jedi Knight was the offensive coordinator calling the shots behind the scenes. Now that he's moved on to greener pastures, Johnny Football won't look quite as impressive in act 2. See "sophomore slump." And in an ironic twist of fate, had A&M not left the Big 12, they probably would have won the national championship.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Where did you have to go

Gunthers Games

Lots of broken shit there BTW

#189 10 years ago

I had the chance to play a Premium this past weekend at a friends for a few hours. It is obvious there is a lot of code to be worked out, but I enjoyed the game. I wouldn't call it anywhere near the greatest game ever, but if you like Ironman, I think you will really like Metallica. The whole night, I felt like I was playing Ironman, with the shots just moved up to the top of the playfield a little more.

I could never see myself paying 6k (or whatever the number is for a premium), but the added features are kinda cool, with the cross being the coolest addition to the premium offering.

The gameplay was fast, and made the AC/DC Premium next to it seem slow, but I keep finding myself back on AC/DC everytime I get a chance to play it.

The only real negative I have to say about Metallica is that the call-outs are cheesy..... It is like they were trying to be edgy by having James say "Sh#t" and "F%ck" all the time. I thought Ritchie's callouts on Ac/DC were bad, but these feel worse to me....

#190 10 years ago

Yeah, the callouts in Metallica are generally bad. I HATE when Hetfield says, "Electric chayuh!" But whatever, the rest of the game is awesome.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Actually the True Jedi Knight was the offensive coordinator calling the shots behind the scenes. Now that he's moved on to greener pastures, Johnny Football won't look quite as impressive in act 2. See "sophomore slump." And in an ironic twist of fate, had A&M not left the Big 12, they probably would have won the national championship.

Is that why the offense played so poorly in the Cotton Bowl, after Klingsbury left? Oh....wait.....

Jake Spavital is pretty universally considered one of the greatest young minds in college football. It's Sumlin's system, not Klingsbury's. Kliff will be hurt a whole lot more by leaving Sumlin than Sumlin will be hurt by Kliff leaving.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, the callouts in Metallica are generally bad. I HATE when Hetfield says, "Electric chayuh!" But whatever, the rest of the game is awesome.

Haha it has to be because I'm a Metallica fan but I love the callouts - that being one of my faves. They are cheesy but look at the game, spitting snakes, electrocuted little dude, band members as monsters. Not alot of seriousness there.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I HATE when Hetfield says, "Electric chayuh!"

I hear that's a song on the upcoming album. lol.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Haha it has to be because I'm a Metallica fan but I love the callouts - that being one of my faves. They are cheesy but look at the game, spitting snakes, electrocuted little dude, band members as monsters. Not alot of seriousness there.

+1

#195 10 years ago

I like the callouts too. Most are a bit flat in tone, but whatever, part of the game. I hope they pull Roberts 'did you see the fangs on that thing?' line... sigh...

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At least it has call outs unlike hardly any in AC/DC!

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gunthers Games

Lots of broken shit there BTW

Their working on that broken shit, That's were I play. The acdc cannon went out on Tuesday 7/23, and the T3 RPG has been fixed twice since they got there. WPT is in good shape, so is TZ and X-men, Met prem is fine, Avengers is getting replaced I believe, TFTC was ok on Tuesday as well. Their tech is a vid guy not a pin guy, I'm hoping to get hired for the weekends and perform some repairs on the machines and clean em.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No way, that's one of my favourites. He sounds like Eric Cartman!

#199 10 years ago

Can't win for losing, can they? Use voice actors and get killed. Use the real people and get killed. Lyman should just start producing a code version without any voice call outs for use by whatever faction is whining at the time about them.

#200 10 years ago

One of my favorites is "Nooooo!" upon an outlane drain. Not that I'm happy when I hear it, but it has great expression.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-played-metallica-and/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.