Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190626_190714 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

I got an iPass a few years back due to frequent trips to Chicago and Kentucky from Minnesota. The Kennedy bridge over the Ohio River going from Indiana to Kentucky is another toll organization, but they must contract with iPass because it took the toll from my balance and I didn’t have to mail it in. A bit over $2 just to cross the river.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I use my one iPass transponder for both of my vehicles and have never mounted it. Depending on which vehicle I’m driving I bring it with and when going thru a toll I just put it on the dash. Never had a problem with it being detected in over 10 years

Can someone answer this question for me? When i got my iPass (just a couple years ago) I had to register it to the vehicle I bought it for and give license plate number. I was told by the attendant at the booth (first oasis as you enter Illinois from Wisconsin) that it would only work in that vehicle because the iPass areas also had license plate recognition cameras. I was also told by someone else (can’t remember whom) that this was not the case for older iPass transponders. Is this all true? Or can I switch my iPass between vehicles? I’ll do an internet search, but wonder if anyone here has first hand knowledge rather than just heresay?

EDIT: Search didn’t take long... https://www.illinoistollway.com/documents/20184/86147/I-PASS+FAQs_0917.pdf/bba788df-a923-4597-98d3-8621fbe2bdf8?version=1.0

Evidently, you can use it for multiple vehicles, but they (Illinois tollway) are “encouraging” you get a separate one for each vehicle. Guess the lady at the desk was just “encouraging” it a bit stronger by telling me I needed one per car. I see now on my getipass.com account where I can add vehicles.

3 months later
    #32 4 years ago

Quick tip...for I-Pass I turned off auto replenish and use manual replenish. I am able to load $10 at a time even though it says $20 minimum. Evidently the software doesn’t enforce it.

If using manual replenish, don’t forget to stay on top of it... if you’re forgetful, keep on auto replenish.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-pass-e-zpass-for-out-of-state-people-going-to-pinball-shows?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.