(Topic ID: 77164)

I own STLE...but it's not our favorite game in the house.

By MurphyPeoples

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

STLE: 3 Ramps, 3 Pop bumpers, left and right orbits, and a shot up the middle to the Vengence. Black Hole targets are hit when you accidentally miss a ramp. That about sums it up.

The game that has gotten the most game play in our house?

The Flintstones. Call us crazy but this Trudeau design is insanely fun.

FS: 3 Ramps (one which is exactly like the ST Warp Ramp), 3 Pop Bumpers, 7 Drop Targets, left and right orbits, 1 Machine accessed by VuK, a Dinosaur Head/Neck with Ball access via VuK, a BOWLING ALLEY (3 strikes gets you a turkey!), and the coolest ball return ramps ever put into a game. And all the while it FLOWS. I actually have it set to Medium toughness 3 ball play, and my 10 year old daughter finally set a high score of 1 Billion after playing it nearly every day for a month.

The Flintstones pin came into the house 3 weeks after STLE. It gets more play by far by the family. Guests are always going over to STLE to play first, but after watching us play Flintstones we're all waiting to take our turn. The call outs are fantastic. This was one REALLY well designed game.

"Shoot the ball you Amoeba". Classic

#2 8 years ago

Go for the strike!

Go for the strike!

Go for the strike!

#3 8 years ago

You sir, have a turkey!

#4 8 years ago

Yes great game by far

#5 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the ones I just got in that big load of pins. I play it a lot when I'm sick of working on stuff.

I like the ball return from behind the flippers to set up the bowling shot. Very cool!

Not sure if I'm wild about the music, but that's a pretty minor gripe.

Pete

#6 8 years ago

My mom plays her Flintstones more than her Addams Family. It is tons of fun, and looks much better with the cartoon decal and translite.

#7 8 years ago

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

STLE: 3 Ramps, 3 Pop bumpers, left and right orbits, and a shot up the middle to the Vengence. Black Hole targets are hit when you accidentally miss a ramp. That about sums it up.

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

FS: 3 Ramps (one which is exactly like the ST Warp Ramp), 3 Pop Bumpers, 7 Drop Targets, left and right orbits, 1 Machine accessed by VuK, a Dinosaur Head/Neck with Ball access via VuK, a BOWLING ALLEY (3 strikes gets you a turkey!), and the coolest ball return ramps ever put into a game. And all the while it FLOWS.

What you said is oh so true and therefore grounds for bashing by many on this forum. I like a heck of a lot of newer Sterns, but the design is nothing if not simple. Toys? What toys? Unique features? What unique features? Even widely unloved games like the Flintstones (I liked it when I played, but don't have enough time on it to make a really honest judgment) have way more to do than most newer Sterns. This begs the question. Do we like newer Sterns because they're bright, shiny, and new and will their appeal hold up as they age or would be rather play 40 year old W/B games in 20 years than 20 year old Sterns?

#9 8 years ago

You've talked me into playing a Flinstones the first chance I get. Thanks.

#10 8 years ago

Do you have kids and do they play? If so how old? Thanks

#11 8 years ago

It is great. I passed on one once. I love the theme, look and play. Fun game.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What you said is oh so true and therefore grounds for bashing by many on this forum. I like a heck of a lot of newer Sterns, but the design is nothing if not simple. Toys? What toys? Unique features? What unique features? Even widely unloved games like the Flintstones (I liked it when I played, but don't have enough time on it to make a really honest judgment) have way more to do than most newer Sterns. This begs the question. Do we like newer Sterns because they're bright, shiny, and new and will their appeal hold up as they age or would be rather play 40 year old W/B games in 20 years than 20 year old Sterns?

I like newer Sterns because they are fun to play.

#13 8 years ago

I played one game at york last year promising my non pinball friend as we were walking out this is the last game. I had a blast playing this pin against another couple. Finished with over 500 million on my 1st game, my friend was not a fan of Flintstones!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Couldn't agree more, to me the problem with Stern pins since Family Guy is a lack of creativity. Yes they are fast and bright and in some cases have good music, but there hasn't been a game or play feature on any Stern game since the mini-pinball on FGY that has really wowed me. Closest would be the swinging bell on AC/DC, but until they put in a ball save when you hit it and your reward is a SDTM drain, can't love it either.

The word cookie cutter has been used many times, I think that is maybe a little harsh, but I don't blame the designers, I'm sure it is more of a corporate culture thing, mandated by deadlines and BOM guidelines that leads to it.

#15 8 years ago

Who said it HAS to??

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Do you have kids and do they play? If so how old? Thanks

Yes I have two girls, who now are pinball addicts. 13 and 10 years old. My 10 Year old got the 1 Billion High Score after heavily playing it this month. I have the out lanes set to medium drain (they are adjustable) and the settings are all set to factory standard, so I'm not just "letting" her score. She worked long and hard to get that. It's been a hit with every kid and over 45 year old that's come by to play.

#17 8 years ago

Flintstones is a very cool and family-friendly game, but with unbalanced scoring. That's probably why you will seldom find it during tourneys. Nevertheless, excellent quotes and good flow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!