Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Thermionic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P5190537_(resized).JPG
    P5220542_(resized).JPG
    P5220545_(resized).JPG
    P5170519_(resized).JPG
    P5170518_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5849_(resized).JPG
    #1 8 years ago

Started on my Grand Lizard I picked up last November, finally. Working on the boards and waiting on parts so I thought let's look at the underside of the playfield closer. Probably 50 or more wires chewed though. Looking more at it, I found someone had twisted maybe 10 wires back together and on the main harness had started to solder and heat shrink 40 or more wires.

Lesson to be learned here. Check the machines closer before buying them.

#2 8 years ago

Does it look like........................THIS?!?!

IMG_5849_(resized).JPGIMG_5849_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago

Holy cow that's a lot of red wire. No. Mine does not look anything like that. Thank God.

#4 8 years ago

Getting a SF2 that has had rats/mice. It boots but dmd plug, speaker wires, and some fo the wiring on the backbox lightboard are chewed. Still have to wait till saturday to find out how bad the chewing is on the rest of it.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Put that photo on a T-shirt with "I Fix Pinball Machines" underneath it and wear it to the next pinball show.

#6 8 years ago

Or is it something like this ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

P5170518_(resized).JPGP5170518_(resized).JPG

P5170519_(resized).JPGP5170519_(resized).JPG

P5220545_(resized).JPGP5220545_(resized).JPG

P5220542_(resized).JPGP5220542_(resized).JPG

P5190537_(resized).JPGP5190537_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

I hate meeses to pieces!

#8 8 years ago

Man you guys are making me feel better. Mine isn't even close to that. You really couldn't tell until the playfield was removed from the cabinet.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Hence the term,,, Rats Nest

#10 8 years ago

We have a severe mice problem since we live out in the country.
    We use bounce dryer sheets in our vehicles and cinnamon tea bags in vehicle engines. We also spray liquid cinnamon on wires.
    This seems to solve the mouse problem and I assume the same things could be used in pinball machines.

#11 8 years ago

You haven't really lived until you've had a mouse nest and subsequently die in the cabin air filter housing in your car!

Fortunately the filthy little bastards have left my pins alone, but I can definitely empathize with with the horror show that confronted you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-officially-hate-mice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.