Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I wanted to thank Jared for his tireless dedication running the ustream for all of us not able to attend expo. At times there were 200-300 viewers, not including those who will watch the recordings. I'm not sure how many fit in the seminar room itself, but I have to image his broadcast meant there were probably twice as many eyeballs at the seminar at any one time, which would mean a significant impact for all the speakers and companies promoting their products.

I think it's also fair to remind everyone that Jared did this all as a fan, paying his own way, and even lost out on going to the PBL open house so he could sit there and capture what was happening for us.

Big Thank-You to you Jared!!!

#2 9 years ago

I second that nomination!!! Thank you Jared!

#3 9 years ago

Thank you !!!

#4 9 years ago

Absolutely! Two thumbs WAY up!

#5 9 years ago

Last day of expo bump.

#6 9 years ago

Looking forward to watching the recorded streams on wed/thurs...

#8 9 years ago

Thanks Jared!

#9 9 years ago

I will vote for him only after I challenge him on a game.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I will vote for him only after I challenge him on a game.

Make sure you play for money.

#11 9 years ago

Absolutely! Jared's the man! A selfless and very nice service to Pinsiders. Especially considering the circumstances of a crappy hotel Internet wifi and doing it beside an obnoxious smelly drunk.

#12 9 years ago

Final bump. Thanks for the great work again last night, great interview with Heighway.

#13 9 years ago

Like!

#14 9 years ago

It was great work and deserves a hearty "Thank you" from the entire community. I don't care what side of any discussion you are on, this was great for us all to see these broadcasts. Thanks a bunch for putting in the effort to do them!!!

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Wow, this is so kind of you all to say. Thank you. I just stumbled across this thread by mistake, I had no idea it existed! lol

I used around 14GB of data in 3 days to push this stuff out, thank goodness it was not in HD or I would have been dead. The WIFI in the hotel sucked, and I was not allowed access to it anyways, so I used a LTE hotspot on my phone to power the broadcasts.

What I am doing it not particularly rocket science, its just time consuming. I am surprised that Mike and Robert do not offer it themselves. If they were to use a professional service to setup 2-4 cameras in the hall and stream out professional HD broadcasts I am sure people would pay $25 to have access to this from home/phone who cannot make it to expo. Such providers do exist, and if I were them I would invest in them.

In the mean time, I am happy to help in any way that I can. Information and updates are truly precious to the members of this forum and if I have an ability to assist in any way I will.

Unless I am told I am not allowed, I will return to Expo in 2015 with much more advanced equipment, dual zooming cameras and broadcast controls. I plan to offer this for free and accept donations for data costs.

Always proud to be a pinside member.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

What I am doing it not particularly rocket science, its just time consuming. I am surprised that Mike and Robert do not offer it themselves.

dude, they don't even sell tickets online. This would be like them planning a moon landing.

#17 9 years ago

The Louisville Arcade Expo allowed you to pre-register online for the entire event or to buy single day passes and they offered a nice discount if you registered/paid by a certain date. You walked up to the desk and that had your bade or armband ready for you. That's appreciated for us senior citizens..

Quoted from frolic:dude, they don't even sell tickets online. This would be like them planning a moon landing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-nominate-jared-bakushan-for-expo-2014-mvp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.